changing the headlights in a 1984 fiero to gen 2 by dasivesind
Started on: 04-21-2016 04:09 PM
Replies: 7 (168 views)
Last post by: Richjk21 on 04-21-2016 10:50 PM
dasivesind

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dasivesindSend a Private Message to dasivesindEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the donor car is a 1987 fiero do u have to change the wiring harness to hook up the new lights?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
vette7584

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vette7584Send a Private Message to vette7584Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it has been done without changing the harness, but there is a lot of cutting and splicing involved..... It is actually easier in my opinion to change out the harness.
Rich
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MUCH easier to change out the wiring harness as well. It is a quick and easy job if you swap in the Gen II harness, and only a single plug on the front "firewall".
mafv8

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mafv8Send a Private Message to mafv8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I modified my harness, was not hard to do, just followed the instructions by Dodgerunner, you can find these in the Ogres cave, at the time I did not have a harness available to swap, just motors and a module, works great.

------------------
84SE, aero body, 4 speed and an injected 355 V8

theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
84 w/ AC means 2 speed radiator fan.
Switch whole harness to 87 means losing that to 1 speed. Likely need 87 fan w/o cutting wires.

See my Cave, Gen 2 HL Motor

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Spiders1

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spiders1Send a Private Message to Spiders1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did the entire harness. Very simple other than routing the wires under rad shroud. Tight area.
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spiders1:

I did the entire harness. Very simple other than routing the wires under rad shroud. Tight area.

Agreed.... worst part of the whole process!!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock