Auto Trans shift bracket by Marcopolo
Started on: 04-13-2016 11:31 AM
Replies: 14 (211 views)
Last post by: Marcopolo on 04-15-2016 02:34 PM
Marcopolo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, I need a shift bracket for my auto trans (3t40/125C) and i have 2 sitting on my bench. I can't find the bolt location for either bracket? One of them came with the trans not bolted on of course, and the other was a junkyard find. one of them is short, off the junker, and the one that came with the trans is a much longer one. Anyone have any pictures of where they typically bolt on?

------------------
Marco

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If no one posts before then, I will take some pictures of one have I have sitting on a pallet out of an 88 after work today... around 4pm US Central.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That bracket only fits one place on the trans.
Just look at both to find holes that match up.
look at trans next to shift level.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Marcopolo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

That bracket only fits one place on the trans.
Just look at both to find holes that match up.
look at trans next to shift level.

I looked all over, even made sure to remember what the junk yard bracket looked like and where it sat, it just doesnt seem to be right with mine. I also noticed the range slector connector looks like its facing a different way than the others, so I'm just confused. I'll try and post a few pics tonight after work.

------------------
Marco

Marcopolo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Marcopolo

50 posts
Member since Apr 2016

Originally posted by carbon:

If no one posts before then, I will take some pictures of one have I have sitting on a pallet out of an 88 after work today... around 4pm US Central.

When youre able, I'd like to see some pictures.

------------------
Marco

Marcopolo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's my situation. you can see the 2 different brackets, and for some reason that range selector connector faces inward, and on every other Fiero I've seen, they've faced out towards the cover. Any thoughts?

------------------
Marco

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bracket on the right is Fiero, D/K about the other one.
The shift lever is not Fiero, it appears to be in a FWD application.
Marcopolo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

The bracket on the right is Fiero, D/K about the other one.
The shift lever is not Fiero, it appears to be in a FWD application.

That would make sense, the ones I've seen at the yard were 180 degrees opposite. So am I able to change that position then or am I needing to do more?
------------------
Marco

[This message has been edited by Marcopolo (edited 04-14-2016).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aw geez... I completely forgot... I get swamped by kids the instant I get home. Sorry about that.
Marcopolo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Aw geez... I completely forgot... I get swamped by kids the instant I get home. Sorry about that.

Understandable feel free to post any time!

------------------
Marco

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's my 88 TH125C... let me know if you can't see what you need to see.

The one on the right in your pic looks like a match to me...
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carbon

4767 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Originally posted by Marcopolo:

Here's my situation. you can see the 2 different brackets, and for some reason that range selector connector faces inward, and on every other Fiero I've seen, they've faced out towards the cover. Any thoughts?

it looks like you have the wrong park/neutral switch... and an obviously different shift lever... what year is that transmission. The Fiero is pre-3T40 designation.

Marcopolo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's my 88 TH125C... let me know if you can't see what you need to see.

The one on the right in your pic looks like a match to me...

Thanks for the good pictures. I will try and look for that tonight after work. this must not be the original transmission because of the backwards park switch. the shift lever looks to be right though?
------------------
Marco

[This message has been edited by Marcopolo (edited 04-14-2016).]

Marcopolo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Marcopolo

50 posts
Member since Apr 2016

it looks like you have the wrong park/neutral switch... and an obviously different shift lever... what year is that transmission. The Fiero is pre-3T40 designation.

I'll ask Scott once more, but I know it is a 125C. It must have came from a different vehicle though. The switch works with the car and all, it just faces a weird way and the lever looks different. Might need to get a Fiero specific one?

------------------
Marco

Marcopolo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2016 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarcopoloClick Here to visit Marcopolo's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarcopoloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I talked to scott and I figured it out. Trans came from a sunbird. I went to my parts guy and he found an image of the bracket. It's a big rectangular bracket that faces the wrong way! Well, Im ordering it and I'm going to add to it so I can make this work

------------------
Marco

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock