Started on: 04-07-2016 08:33 PM
Replies: 40 (1010 views)
Last post by: TXGOOD on 05-08-2016 08:08 PM
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2016 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, brakes did good but I didn`t have enough time.
Young girl pulled out in front of me and I just tapped her SUV but this is the result.
I`ll probably just get a bumper from Fiero Fiberglass.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2016 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That happened to me too. They just look right over a Fiero.
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2016 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It might buff out.

Sucks about your luck but I guess it could have been worse.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2016 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

That happened to me too. They just look right over a Fiero.

Well, she pulled out of a side street and there were cars parked right up to the edge of the corner so she didn`t see me and I dodn`t see her until it was too late.
Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2016 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Crap. Glad it wasn't any worse but sorry you're having to deal with the hassle.
NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2016 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man that sucks!!! Glad it was just that though!!!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2016 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope the insurance company and COPs don't side against you. They told me that I ”failed to control the front of my vehicle”.

I sued the driver. He had to pay out of pocket. Next time, maybe he won't lie. Oh, my dash cam didn't hurt.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2016 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I hope the insurance company and COPs don't side against you. They told me that I ”failed to control the front of my vehicle”.

I sued the driver. He had to pay out of pocket. Next time, maybe he won't lie. Oh, my dash cam didn't hurt.

Well, the cops weren`t called and the girl told her mother that it was her fault.
She was just leaving her mom`s shop and her mom heard my tires screech and came out there.
They were cool about it.
Also, a guy who saw it gave me his business card and said he was a witness.
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2016 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Well, the cops weren`t called and the girl told her mother that it was her fault.
She was just leaving her mom`s shop and her mom heard my tires screech and came out there.
They were cool about it.
Also, a guy who saw it gave me his business card and said he was a witness.

Did it have "Esq." after his name?
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2016 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Dash cam is the new gold standard, except maybe having a Cop in the car with you. Other than that it's a "he said, she said" debate and a 50/50 chance you will win.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think it will come down to anything big
I got all of their info and Texas is a fault state
so you just file a claim with their insurance company
PFF
System Bot
DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good time to get rid of that front plate with the new bumper B)
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

Good time to get rid of that front plate with the new bumper B)

Can`t do that, state law to have one.
I could get away with it once.
You get a 200.00 ticket and you can have it dismissed but then you are on the books.
Second time the fine sticks.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bumper cover is repairable if you want to go that way.
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn - that sucks. You have a beautiful car, glad it was fairly minor damage.

Obviously could have been much worse, but still really sucks. Good luck with the repair - keep us posted.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The bumper cover is repairable if you want to go that way.

I probably won`t repair it.
I`m probably going to get one from Jimmy S because I Iike the styles he has.
Thanks, Trivet.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 04-08-2016).]

Imnuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear about the accident. Even small repairs can be a pain with some of the pathetic body shops around today.

Last year I had an large SUV back out of a parking spot and crackle the paint on the rear bumper of my GT. I even beeped my horn 3 times trying to stop him but I think it just made him look other directions to see where the beeping was coming from since he did not see anything behind him. Kind of makes you feel bad that they can be so hard to see when in close quarters. I did not call cops at the time and it worked out ok.
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to see the damage, if you do end up buying a new bumper, don't toss the old one, you could probably sell it to someone that would want to make a chin spoiler.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zmcdonal:

Sorry to see the damage, if you do end up buying a new bumper, don't toss the old one, you could probably sell it to someone that would want to make a chin spoiler.

Yea, that`s true, although I already have one chin spoiler I was working on that`s made from a GT nose.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 04-08-2016).]

DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You get a 200.00 ticket and you can have it dismissed but then you are on the books.

Well NY says you need a front plate too, but my car didn't have one for the first 27 years before I got it, sure as hell ain't starting now.
At least here, you won't get pulled over JUST for not having the plate, gotta be speeding or something else too
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I`m going Monday afternoon to get an estimate from the insurance company of the person who hit me.
They said they will give me a check right there.
Anybody who has been in a similar situation or known someone, how do they determine a damage value when you can`t get a front OEM bumper or support from GM anymore ?
I kind of doubt if they would find The Fiero Store, where you can get a stock replacement bumper, but they might.
It will be interesting.
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I had my Fiero repaired, I acted as the parts agent for the body shop. They could not find a thing for a Fiero and did not know where to look. I found the parts and delivered them to the shop and billed them for my time. Insurance paid for it. I can't say your situation is the same, but the body shop will need all the help they can get.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I will be doing all of the work myself.
I am going to get a Fiero Fiberglass front nose and it won`t need the support.
I will do all the fitting and paint myself.
I was just curious as to how they will do an estimate and pay me on the spot without researching the availability of parts.
The paint estimate is fairly easy as the last time I looked into getting mine painted it was about 400.00 and up.
But, the prep on say a Fiero Store front nose needs to be wet sanded as it`s urethane and I would guess that`s extra work for the painter.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 04-09-2016).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There is a loophole...sort of. If you get antique plates you are only issued one. But there is a catch. The catch is that "The vehicle must be used exclusively for exhibitions, club activities, parades or other functions of public interest. Vehicles displaying Antique plates may not be used for regular transportation or carry advertising. The vehicle may be driven to and from a location for routine maintenance."

I have them on my Indy and I was constantly looking over my shoulder to be stopped and try to explain that I'm on the way to a club activity or routine maintenance. Not sure if it's worth the aggravation.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, I have classic plates but not Antique.
With the classic plates the personalized ones are cheaper than regular personalized.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
There is a loophole...sort of. If you get antique plates you are only issued one. But there is a catch. The catch is that "The vehicle must be used exclusively for exhibitions, club activities, parades or other functions of public interest. Vehicles displaying Antique plates may not be used for regular transportation or carry advertising. The vehicle may be driven to and from a location for routine maintenance."

I have them on my Indy and I was constantly looking over my shoulder to be stopped and try to explain that I'm on the way to a club activity or routine maintenance. Not sure if it's worth the aggravation.

I have them on both my Fieros, I'm always on "routine maintenance" shakedown run or attending club activities. :wink:
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TXGOOD: I would print the info / web page of the bumper you intend to get from FieroFiberglass. You can explain that the stock bumpers are no longer available, and through your research over the past few days, you found a replica bumper from a place in Florida, that will fit your car. Let them pay for the bumper and shipping. Then you can get a couple estimates from shops to get the bumper painted and the labor of installing it.

This will give you a good base line for the amount that they need to cut the check for. Keep in mind, they are getting off really light here! The cost for them, if it were a front bumper on a late model Mercedes, Corvette, Camaro ect would be much much higher, so keep that in mind and do not let them low ball you.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

TXGOOD: I would print the info / web page of the bumper you intend to get from FieroFiberglass. You can explain that the stock bumpers are no longer available, and through your research over the past few days, you found a replica bumper from a place in Florida, that will fit your car. Let them pay for the bumper and shipping. Then you can get a couple estimates from shops to get the bumper painted and the labor of installing it.

This will give you a good base line for the amount that they need to cut the check for. Keep in mind, they are getting off really light here! The cost for them, if it were a front bumper on a late model Mercedes, Corvette, Camaro ect would be much much higher, so keep that in mind and do not let them low ball you.

Thanks, that`s some good info.

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2016 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just so you know what other people have received as compensation in somewhat similar circumstances...

As reported Here, I was cut a cheque for $800 to cover the expense of a broken emblem and scuffed up nose on my Formula.

You should be getting a lot more than that.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2016 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Just so you know what other people have received as compensation in somewhat similar circumstances...

As reported Here, I was cut a cheque for $800 to cover the expense of a broken emblem and scuffed up nose on my Formula.

You should be getting a lot more than that.

Thanks, that`s good to know.
I`m going to see what they say before offering any info on the availability of parts.
I found yesterday that the support underneath is broken loose as well.

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2016 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damage underneath may be some broken fasteners (pushpins). The honeycomb material is pretty strong. You could remove the cover and look. I had a replacement bumper, hood and spoiler painted for $400. I installed the parts (they were my parts).

Thanks, that`s good to know.
I`m going to see what they say before offering any info on the availability of parts.
I found yesterday that the support underneath is broken loose as well.

PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2016 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another reason I hate SUVs. I had 2 of them, within one week, back over the fronts of 2 of my Corvettes. Women especially rely only on inside mirror if any at all. They never use outside mirrors. You cannont see a low car like a Fiero or Corvette from the inside mirror ever.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2016 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Another reason I hate SUVs. I had 2 of them, within one week, back over the fronts of 2 of my Corvettes. Women especially rely only on inside mirror if any at all. They never use outside mirrors. You cannont see a low car like a Fiero or Corvette from the inside mirror ever.

This is why rear camera is now mandatory on all vehicles sold in the US. This should be less of a problem in the future.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2016 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I ended up getting a little over 1K.
Originally, they had less than that.
They said that Keystone could get a bumper for 230.00 which I told them I highly doubted and then listed the support for about 50.00.
I told them that The Fiero Store bumper was 450.00 with shipping and that you couldn`t buy the support anymore.
Then they said they didn`t actually find the support but that the computer just defaults something.
I told them that I got an estimate for painting a Fiero bumper a while back and it was around 500.00
They work with body shops which only charge about 45.00 an hour for prep and paint, so they had labor at about 350.00
They went with the Fiero Store bumper which brought the claim where it was.
If I wasn`t wanting to go with Fiero Fiberglass`s Munson bumper I might just let a shop fix it but since I`m doing all of the work I`ll pocket about half the
money so that will work.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2016 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXGOOD

5410 posts
Member since Feb 2006
I did a little research and am a little surprised by this.
Now, I don`t know if this page is years old and not up to date but this site lists all kind of bumpers for the Fiero.
Anybody ever tried to get one from here?

http://www.oebumpers.com/in...lts.php?Make=Pontiac

Edit: Nevermind, I called them and they get bumpers from body shops that they can recondition and resale, nothing new.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 04-12-2016).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2016 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Edit: Nevermind, I called them and they get bumpers from body shops that they can recondition and resale, nothing new.

Those are not bad prices though if they really will sell a reconditioned fascia for the prices they are quoting.

BTW you can probably sell yours to someone wanting to make a Skitime spoiler.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 04-12-2016).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2016 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Those are not bad prices though if they really will sell a reconditioned fascia for the prices they are quoting.

I agree, but the person I talked to wasn`t too confident about the availability of them.
She suggested I look through Hemmings for one.
Oregon88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2016 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Oregon88Send a Private Message to Oregon88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They just look right over a Fiero.

Happens so often, its frustrating!

------------------
Any Oregonians out there?

[This message has been edited by Oregon88 (edited 04-12-2016).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2016 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picked my new bumper up from Greyhound today and trial fitted it.

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2016 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that a fiberglass bumper cover. Where did you get it?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock