86 SE question by badbrutis
Started on: 04-05-2016 07:45 PM
Replies: 9 (159 views)
Last post by: tshark on 04-08-2016 11:42 AM
badbrutis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for badbrutisSend a Private Message to badbrutisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Guys, Im looking at maybe bidding on this car. Did all 86 SEs come with the aero nose? or did some come with the wedge type like the 84s? Is this a fair price?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...HG&item=331821752733
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1/8/16 - 42,000 miles

3/4/16 - 41,000 miles

Hmmmmm.......

Run Forest, run!

There are others and this is Evil Bay.

------------------
If sugar-coating is what you crave... Willy Wonka doesn't live here.

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a GT nose to me.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The body work on the 85 GT became the 86 SE.....so it looks original to me. Pretty nice car: probably rust free.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ignoring the miles...

This is exactly the same as the 86 SE I bought, its just the aero package which gives it the gt bumpers and sideskirts
4 speed, v6, etc
badbrutis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for badbrutisSend a Private Message to badbrutisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always thought the aero nose looked best on the fastbacks .I'm torn about which style I prefer as I like different things about them both!

[This message has been edited by badbrutis (edited 04-05-2016).]

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

1/8/16 - 42,000 miles

3/4/16 - 41,000 miles

Hmmmmm.......

Run Forest, run!

There are others and this is Evil Bay.

Lol! No paranoia needed - the pic shows 43187.7

Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2016 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by badbrutis:

I always thought the aero nose looked best on the fastbacks .I'm torn about which style I prefer as I like different things about them both!

If you prefer the notch styling with the bumper pad nose you could look for an '85 SE with the V6. Or an '88 Formula has the standard '87-88 nose as well.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All 1986 Aero SE cars came with the "Aero" body work. Additionally, 1986 (and 1987) Aero SE cars could be had in either four cylinder or six cylinder trim levels, designated as 2M4 or 2M6 respectively. The 1986 bumper pad cars - the last year for the bumper pads - retained the four cylinder only with 2M4 designation. The major differences aside for the looks is that basically SE was a "base" option set (example: you could only get an SE with the 14" hi-tech wheels, not the steelies like on the base of basic bumper pad cars.). Although they look near exactly the same the Aero body work on the SE is slightly different than the GT body work, in that since as mentioned this was a carry-over from the '85 GT it carries the ribbed molding body panels with engraved "PONTIAC" on the rear, not the smooth molded panels with non-"PONTIAC" molded rear. A 1986 SE with a V6 would also not be on par with a GT however. Aside from the obvious differences between notchback and fastback the GT will carry a higher level interior trim, upgraded wheels, and also higher trim suspension bits (spring ratios and such).
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2016 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a gold '86 SE 2M6 and a gold '86 GT. The only interior differences I noticed were the speedometer and the steering wheel. The '86 SE was faster, both by feel and the clock.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock