Hello and search for Fiero by DMHNoah
Started on: 04-04-2016 11:28 AM
Replies: 15 (425 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 04-12-2016 10:09 PM
DMHNoah

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2016 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DMHNoahSend a Private Message to DMHNoahEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm writing to say hello.

Just joined the forum. In my earlier years I drove a 84 2m4 Silver w/manual and a 88' Formula Red w/ manual.

Weekly I browse CL and Ebay looking for a deal that I can't pass up. No such luck yet.

I'm in Milwaukee WI. Is anyone looking to sell or know of any that are for sale? (aside from those already posted on CL)

Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2016 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the madness.

Try a wanted ad in the Mall section of the forum or browse there for a car even!

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

DMHNoah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DMHNoahSend a Private Message to DMHNoahEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do ya'll think?

- 87 GT., manual, 150,000 miles, V6

Runs, shifts & drives well. Surprisingly sturdy for the mileage.

No cracks in body however pealing and discoloration. Windshield wipers slow. Both triangle windows have cracks and broken.

Interior is in rough shape, aftermarket sun roof (prob leaking), headliner falling down, torn up seats & some warping of the interior panels, ect, ect.

Electric windows roll very very slowly. Aftermarket radio not working.

It's been an outside car. Undercarriage is rusty, axel boots are dry of oil. The engine does't appear to be leaking oil or coolant.

Will need tires, possible break job & possible A/C work.

Or:

- 87 SE, manual, aluminum rims, 40,000 miles, mint condition, I4.

A/C = yes
Cruise control, power window & sun roof = no

I'm looking at this one tomorrow.

-- -- -- ---- -- -- ---- -- -- --

After the tires, possible break job & possible A/C work on the GT the financial investment is the same.

Assuming that I'm ok with the I4.

Thoughts?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.
DMHNoah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DMHNoahSend a Private Message to DMHNoahEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DMHNoah

32 posts
Member since Apr 2016

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

Welcome to the madness.

Try a wanted ad in the Mall section of the forum or browse there for a car even!

Thanks for the message ltlfrari
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks for rust, especially in the trunk corners and rear upper frame rails (very hard to see). Plenty of threads on here on rust issues.

I've always liked the notch back style over the GT but that's just me.
4 cyl manual is fine in my opinion, still fun to drive. 4 cyl automatic is pretty gutless (but it's still a Fiero so we still love it!).
Re choice, depends on how much time you want o spend on the rusty one. Will take far more work/time/$ which can get frustrating. Also your skill level and access to a decent workspace and tools.
Off hand I'd say prob better to go with the best you can find for the money. Leave the basket cases to those with time/money/knowledge to save them.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

[This message has been edited by ltlfrari (edited 04-05-2016).]

DMHNoah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DMHNoahSend a Private Message to DMHNoahEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your suggestions. Here she is at her new home!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by DMHNoah (edited 04-05-2016).]

ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's pretty. If it's as nice under the skin as it is on the outside then you've got yourself a nice car there.

------------------

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

[This message has been edited by ltlfrari (edited 04-05-2016).]

DMHNoah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2016 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DMHNoahSend a Private Message to DMHNoahEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only issueis that the lights won't go up. The motors turn but do not lift the lights. The passenger side lifts about 2 inches then falls.

They also to not go up or lock out using the manauly knob.

Do I just need to replce the motors? In the meantime, any idea how to get them to lock up.

Thank you
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2016 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like the gears are stripped inside the motors, especially if they will not go up when turning the knob manually.
I know you can get rebuild kits for the gen 1 motors. I 'think' this year has the gen 2 motors on it, not sure about rebuild kits for those. Probably easier to replace the motors.

You 'might' be able to get them to go up by 'helping' them up with your hand (be careful not get anything trapped, you can loose a finger or two). At some point, if you are lucky whatever is left of the gear will grab and hold it against the stop. At that point, unplug the motor.

PS. Post more pics, we all wanna see the rest of it (well, I do anyway)

------------------

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2016 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DMHNoah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2016 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DMHNoahSend a Private Message to DMHNoahEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ltlfrari- Will post more pic shortly.

Gall757: Thanks. Will follow up.
PFF
System Bot
DMHNoah

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2016 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DMHNoahSend a Private Message to DMHNoahEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Clean bill of health from the mechanic. Meeting with a local Fiero enthusast this weekend to fix the headlights. Fiero is in the garage cause it's snowing!
FieroLost

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2016 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLostSend a Private Message to FieroLostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations, clean and low miles. Great buy. Take good care of her.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2016 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good choice. A clean, low mileage coupe > dirty, high mileage GT.
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2016 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2016 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My first Fiero was a 2.5 5 speed drove it for 12 years. That combo is great on fuel mileage! On trips 38 to 39. I could tell when the stations switched to winter fuel. Mileage dropped like a rock. Your car looks great!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock