Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Help me value my car! It will be for sale! Is it 5.000, 10.000 or perhaps 15.000?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Help me value my car! It will be for sale! Is it 5.000, 10.000 or perhaps 15.000? by joeformula88
Started on: 03-23-2016 07:21 AM
Replies: 9 (491 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 03-26-2016 04:04 AM
joeformula88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2016 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joeformula88Click Here to visit joeformula88's HomePageSend a Private Message to joeformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi,
It has been a (very) long time since I have posted anything, and sadly the time has come to say goodbey to my Fiero.
It is a red 1988 Formula with 5-speed manual, power windows, remote power door locks + alarm system.
Important to me is that it will be in the hands of an enthousiast. it is in fact more important to me than the price.
So I hope you will help me to reach that goal, but of course I must have some ballpark figure of what would be a realistic price for my favourite hobby.
It has been in perfect condition now for many years, driving around without any problems and passing yearly inspections flawlessly.
Some improvements:
-Complete rebuild of the original engine, including transfer to carburetor, new pistons, camshaft, valves, and also adding NOS.
-Mr Mike's leather seats
-Lowered suspension with Koni coilovers
-Paul Hosler swaybars front+rear
-Alloy wheels with Bridgestone performance tires
-Rodney's shift kit
-Battery relocation

The car is in the Netherlands, but shipping to the US will be no problem. I still have the original California title.

[This message has been edited by joeformula88 (edited 03-25-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2016 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't know Paul made front swaybars, but his stuff is getting to be rare. Are both swaybars adjustable?

How does pricing in the Netherlands compare to pricing in the US?

You added NOS to a stock 2.8? You went from throttle-body fuel injection back to a carburetor?

How many miles? Pictures would indeed help.

Just my opinion, but probably closer to $5K than $15K. Here is an outdated price guide. The 2016 version is a bit more flattering.
joeformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2016 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joeformula88Click Here to visit joeformula88's HomePageSend a Private Message to joeformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Tshark,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, both swaybars are adjustable and do make a big difference!
Pricing in the Netherlands is almost impossible to compare, as they are hardly advertised. On a European scale pricing is not so much different I think. Of course I also hope to reach some people from Europe through this forum.
Mileage, I have no idea, but I can look it up. I have owned the car since 1996 and have driven hardly 1.000 miles per year since. Before that the car was driven in California, the odometer reading is also on the title I am pretty sure.
Rebuilding the engine was done in the Netherlands and since then I have driven less than around 2.000 miles total.
I found some different prices on the Hagerty.com website, but have no idea of accuracy.
I will post pictures in the coming days. The car is very original, never painted and has been garaged since I own it.

[This message has been edited by joeformula88 (edited 03-23-2016).]

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2016 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Without pictures it is impossible to value it. Miles? Also where do you want to sell it? There or in US? If you took fuel injection off and added a carburetor then that alone will bring it well below $5k unless it has less than 20 miles. Yes I said 20. And then still you will need a very special buyer.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2016 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would the change from EFI to carburation cause difficulty with importation to US or other countries?
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2016 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Would the change from EFI to carburation cause difficulty with importation to US or other countries?

Importation to California might be a problem..... Other states, I think not.

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2016 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"5.000" or more? Good luck w/ that plan... What you and others call "improvements" are a nightmare to many.

Originally posted by css9450:
Importation to California might be a problem..... Other states, I think not.
Sadly Wrong.
Carb and other issues can make it very hard to impossible to pass Emissions testing in many places.
You must pass E tests for daily rides in many State even if car is 25+ years old.
Car might get antique/classic tags but those limit driving to shows etc to skip E rules.

Lowered cars, missing/mod E devices, etc, could be problems just to get pass thru US Customs.
If stop by ICE for any reason then expect big problems.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It will be worth what a local is prepared to pay for it. It isn't worth importing back to US.
joeformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2016 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joeformula88Click Here to visit joeformula88's HomePageSend a Private Message to joeformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some pictures:

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why not just sell it over there?

Is the Moderator of this very forum from the lands of Nether?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock