Started on: 03-09-2016 10:13 PM
Replies: 7 (458 views)
Last post by: hyperv6 on 03-12-2016 03:38 PM
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2016 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thread has been closed by OP

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 04-19-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I can tell you right now that it isn't a genuine hood emblem. Not sure about the other ones.

TFS are the same way. You end up having to drill another hole in the front fascia... It would be an easy fix for TFS to change it.

[This message has been edited by zzzhuh (edited 03-10-2016).]

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to say this but i have a couple NOS Indy emblems that i bought 20 years ago and there just like the one pictured on the back..

------------------

2014 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS
2006 Saab 97X 5.3i
2004 Pontiac GTO
1986 Fiero Sport Coupe
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...LS4

Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thread has been closed by OP

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 04-19-2016).]

zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

Sorry to say this but i have a couple NOS Indy emblems that i bought 20 years ago and there just like the one pictured on the back..

So the Indy badges have it on the 'left' side, which if it is facing down is on the right?

Cause my GT is the opposite. I've seen plenty of people on here explain the same thing when buying the replacement from TFS.
vette7584

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vette7584Send a Private Message to vette7584Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have 2 original indy emblems, and a pile of original gt emblems, all have the post on the left side as well
GTMN

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vette7584:

i have 2 original indy emblems, and a pile of original gt emblems, all have the post on the left side as well

I have a bunch of Indy, GT, and coupe hood emblems. All the Indy and GT emblems have the post in the same place as the one pictured. The coupe Emblems have the post on the other side (both the smaller 84 gold emblem and the 85 and later silver emblems).

[This message has been edited by GTMN (edited 03-10-2016).]

hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok I got my display case out and check. All emblems but the gold rimed coupe emblem are just as shown above here.

Now this is where things get a little different. I have a new nose on my car due to an accident and the coupe emblem that was on it has the pin on the other side like above. I am not sure what I did with it but I know the hole is on the other side as I have one of the 1990 Prototype emblems on and all of the 1990 emblems I have are on the same side as above. I did not drill any holes or remove any pins.

I also know the TA and GTA also has the pins in the same place.

This is a real emblem here and not a prototype in the photo. He may have worked at the tech center design group and just pocketed these as many employees did when they were tossing things out. Most 1990 Emblems were found in Southern Michigan.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock