Problem fixed! by painandgain99
Started on: 03-08-2016 02:53 AM
Replies: 4 (238 views)
Last post by: painandgain99 on 03-08-2016 02:01 PM
painandgain99

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car not starting was resolved after replacing ignition coil. While diagnosing, items replaced were : spark plug wires, spark plugs, dist cap and rotor, fuel filter.

My only problem now is thatwhen idling, it is unstable and quickly fluctuates between 800-1300. And when the rpms drop, the belt starts to slip, amps down a lil below 13. All the lights dim. And this scares me that the car will die. So any pointers on this one fellas? Would it be a sensor? Oil pressure sending unit? It really freaks out whwn the rpms drop, couldit be the cause?

------------------
87' GT 5 speed 😤 16 years old
My IG for daily motivation: Alpha_Photos

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good job on gettin' her goin!! 👍

The idle flux could be an EGR issue.. Check all related vac lines and make sure the diaphragm on the Y-pipe is working correctly. I'd guess the almost-stall symptoms are what is making the volts drop on that stumble.. Its common for the V6's to have this trouble..

You could also check the Idle Air Control Valve.. Pop that out and make sure it's clean and looks ok.

Also, if you had disconnected the battery for your tune-up stuff, make sure you get it out there and run it over 40mph for a bit to get the ECM back in touch with all the engine sensors. Then let it run at idle for a bit, up to temperature and see what happens..

You might get lucky and it'll toss a check engine code, and that'll help a lot..

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by Indyellowgt (edited 03-08-2016).]

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like you've done a lot of tinkering with it..... Have you ever checked the timing on it? Not saying that's the issue here but remembering how badly mine ran when it was timed wrong, it would be reassuring to know for sure its correct.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations!......

I agree, you should drive it a little; it may sort itself out.
painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2016 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you guys! I will research how to check timing. This was an existing issue before my previous thread. I have already replaced IAC. Will checl codes today

------------------
87' GT 5 speed 😤 16 years old
My IG for daily motivation: Alpha_Photos

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock