Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Any Fiero people in the treasure coast area of Florida?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Any Fiero people in the treasure coast area of Florida? by Pete Matos
Started on: 03-05-2016 01:04 AM
Replies: 14 (401 views)
Last post by: VanGTP5000 on 04-08-2017 12:41 PM
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone, I was just thinking about my old fieros that I have owned and was wondering. We just signed a contract on our house here in Tennessee and we are going to be moving to the treasure coast area around the end of the month. I don't have a Fiero right now but I plan on getting one once we get settled in and find our new home down there. So I was wondering if I am going to be anywhere near other enthusiastic Fiero owners.

We are really looking forward to getting down there and enjoying year round decent weather. Right now I am working my butt off trying to fix up my house to the agreed upgrades in our contract. It's been a crazy month and we are in for an even more crazy next couple weeks during the closing and move.

It would be Nice to meet up with some South Florida Fiero guys down there. We enjoyed the Fiero guys we have met here in Tennessee and Georgia.

Pete
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to Florida, Pete. I am in the Melbourne area just to the north. To answer your question, there are several Fiero owners in that part of the state. I'm sure they will chime in soon. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pete, another Welcome to Florida to you. There are a few Fiero owners in South Florida, and a quite active club just a tiny bit north. We get together for Cars and Coffee sometimes, as well as some of the other car shows. A big one, for this area is the Daytona Show at the end of March. This gives you a year to get settled, and find a Fiero for next year

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2016 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome guys I appreciate it. Like I said we SHOULD be down there around the end of march and then probably take me a couple months trying to get into our new house we are currently looking right now for. We have a lot of family and friends down there and are really looking forward to seeing them. We also just recently bough a bunch of nice Fishing kayaks up here and can't wait to try them out in the Intercoastal waterway and indian river. My friend Frank also is looking at getting one for himself. Once we are comfortable and get the proper equipment we want to try some offshore kayak fishing on nice days. It is really good to hear that there are a bunch of nice Fiero friends down there I look forward to meeting you guys.

I have never been to a cars and coffee even tho they do have one here in Knoxville, my friend Frank tells me there is a great show in a place called Abacoa or something like that quite often. Gonna have to check that out too. It would be sweet to see some Fiero's there as there are almost nonexistent up here at local shows. I will try to get in touch once we are down there and settled in guys. Appreciate it.

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
CNC Machining and prototyping
Maryville, Tennessee
A&N Precision Machine on Facebook!

Fipronil

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FipronilSend a Private Message to FipronilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, You'll love the treasure coast beaches. I lived there for the last 14 years, but wast just transferred to Gainesville last year. Great fishing in the seagrass flats between the north bridge in fort pierce and Vero beach. Also, nice islands that you can kayak out to and camp on in the Indian River Lagoon. I'm passively looking for a new home for my fiero ('86 GT, 4-spd auto) if you're interested. It was advertised in the mall last year. It's sitting in the barn collecting dust, which we all know is bad for these cars. Needs paint, but otherwise in good condition. I really want it to go to an enthusiast! Let me know if you need info. about the treasure coast or the car.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fipronil:

Hey, You'll love the treasure coast beaches. I lived there for the last 14 years, but wast just transferred to Gainesville last year. Great fishing in the seagrass flats between the north bridge in fort pierce and Vero beach. Also, nice islands that you can kayak out to and camp on in the Indian River Lagoon. I'm passively looking for a new home for my fiero ('86 GT, 4-spd auto) if you're interested. It was advertised in the mall last year. It's sitting in the barn collecting dust, which we all know is bad for these cars. Needs paint, but otherwise in good condition. I really want it to go to an enthusiast! Let me know if you need info. about the treasure coast or the car.

I grew up in Ft Pierce. I have very different memories of the area. It's true there are a few nice places in Ft Pierce, but let's just say there's a reason my whole family moved out of the area.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah well as I said we lived in the area for many years before we moved up here to east Tennessee. Right now I am working hard on my house and getting the CNC machines packaged up for the move. We close on the house in less than a week or so. I am definitely interested in getting another Fiero GT and fixing it up once we are settled in. I really want a manual transmission car tho. Love the four speed as had in our last GT. I will update this thread as we get down there and find our new home etc. Gonna be a crazy ride for a couple weeks. Looking forward to meeting you guys once we arrive.

Pete

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lot of active owners around central FL so not too far. A lot of owners down south east but not too active unless excited. You are arriving just in time for Daytona car show. If you like cars it a must go. Usually well over a thousand show cars. But unfortunately I think this is the first year without a Fiero show in it. Welcome to FL!
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fieros will be in the fourth turn as usual. Not too much in the planning of the event this year.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2016 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fieros will MOST DEFINATELY be there! Inside turn four as mentioned above, just like in the past. Friday morning will start off st the Sugarmill for breakfast, then off for a cruise. Saturday and Sunday will be spent at the track for the show.

PatrickRoof is doing his best to get things organized and lined up this year.

There is a Facebook page set up here for the Daytona 2016 Fiero Show.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2016 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

The Fieros will MOST DEFINATELY be there! Inside turn four as mentioned above, just like in the past. Friday morning will start off st the Sugarmill for breakfast, then off for a cruise. Saturday and Sunday will be spent at the track for the show.

Great. Since seems this is the first year without a good official "Daytona 2016" thread here I thought no one was planning anything. It is a very bad weekend for the show for me (spring break + Easter) but I'll see if I can stop by.
PFF
System Bot
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow that sounds great guys. I am really getting excited about getting down there. Unfortunately I found out today that they postponed the closing on my house here until this Friday at 4pm. We had to reschedule the Uhaul for the trip until wednesday. You only get it for four days so we need to make the most of that time.

I managed to drive down there last week. I followed the truck with my CNC machines on board and helped him get them into my storage unit safe and sound. Thankfully everything went very well. We did it pretty quick much faster than I thought the unloading and storage would have taken so we were able to get to the beach and enjoy some sun and surf before we met my friends for dinner down there that night. Then we spent the next day house hunting.

On Saturday morning we headed back up to Tennessee as I said to pack up the rest of our stuff into the Uhaul. I musta made three dump runs in my van loaded with junk from my shop and attic. Crazy what you accumulate over the years I was starting to feel like a hoarder LOL.

Anyway after Friday we will be down there permanently and hopefully we can find our new home quickly and get settled in. Then I can get my shop set back up with the CNC machines and my tig unit/ bandsaws grinders, sanders etc. etc. Once we do that I hope to get my hands on a nice fiero GT to play with. Still lots to do and I am getting kinda wore out with all the updates I did to the house and the moving etc. etc. etc.

I will try to contact you guys once I am down there looking forward to meeting all you South Florida Fiero guys. It sure was beautiful weather while we were there. Peace my friends..

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pete Matos

2291 posts
Member since Jan 2010

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Link does not work unfortunately. If we leave on friday we will have to spend the night somewhere perhaps we can get to Daytona and spend the day there before we continue south to St. Lucie county....

------------------

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Maryville, Tennessee

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey folks just an update here in case anyone is listening We have been down here in Florida for a couple weeks now. It is BEAUTIFUL weather as expected and we have been getting the kids enrolled in school and my wife working in her new job and myself I have been trying to find work contacts for what I do with some success. The good news is that we may have finally found a nice home here in the PSL area. We are under contract now and working thru the financing stuff. With any luck we will be in the home soon and I can start setting my shop back up and getting the CNC machines brought over etc. It has been a tough road but it is starting to come together.

We have been doing a LOT of fishing and kayaking here when we are not busy with life stuff. Caught a lot of delicious fish and had a lot of fun. Once we get into our new home I am going to start actively looking for a project car to play with. I also want to get a large shed out back in the fenced in yard to put some of the stuff I don't use daily to unclutter my shop. Perhaps I can find a nice deal on a GT at that point. We shall see how things go. I appreciate all the kind comments and suggestions on this thread and in the PM's. We are getting there and hopefully I can plug back into life here in Florida soon.

Pete

------------------

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
Port St.Lucie, Florida

VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2017 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Pete I hope things have worked out for you. I just relocated to Sunny South Florida myself on Sunday. I am hoping to find some Fiero people down here. I already miss the great Fiero people from New Jersey!!!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock