Looking around... by Fiero 88
Started on: 03-02-2016 05:25 PM
Replies: 4 (197 views)
Last post by: Fiero 88 on 03-02-2016 10:51 PM
Fiero 88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2016 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems I fell into the elite group of savvy buyers that accidentally purchased their parts car first, so I'm back searching for another good solid base to work from. I found this somewhat near me:

http://rmn.craigslist.org/cto/5448809072.html

I don't know if this is someone's car on here, but I was curious what you guys would think a fair price is for something like this? This would be assuming the frame rails and battery box aren't made from loosely assembled brown dust like the one I currently own. I know '84s are the least desirable and have all sorts of oddities, but I like the look of the '84 and don't plan on going crazy with it. I'm looking to spend closer to $2500, so I'm hoping this one is a tad overpriced. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2016 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dare I say ”ask for more pictures”? It has 119K on the clock, so there should have been a lot more than wheels and a paint job done. On the other hand, if they truly took care of it, it could be very nice. Until you know more about the car, you don't have anything to base a value on.
Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2016 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did send a message to inquire about more pictures and the condition of all the rubber bits and the battery box, frame rails and trunk. Just waiting to hear back.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2016 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't know about where you are but down here prices seems to be all over the place. 2k for non running 'projects', 4/5k for something I might pay $1000 for and $1000 for something that looks rough but could be a good base.
Then there's a 308 style car for 6k and a couple of lambo kits in various states of completion in the 7/10k range.

In the end it comes down to the quality of the chassis, if that's trash you can ignore everything else except for parts (as you have discovered!)
A nice paint job means little on these cars, being plastic an' all but it 'might' be an indication of how well it's been looked after. Then again it might be a 'get it sold' ploy to boost the price as well.

If it's solid and been looked after, maybe as you say 2500. It is after all still a 30 year old car.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2016 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same here on prices, which is why it's hard to gauge. Most I see around here are $500 cars that look like they were salvaged from the Titanic wreckage or 20-30k mile cars the owners think belong with Barrett-Jackson. Slim pickin' for middle of the road solid cars.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock