I Just Gotta Ask... by JCircs
Started on: 02-18-2016 07:42 PM
Replies: 13 (748 views)
Last post by: Neils88 on 02-19-2016 05:43 PM
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2016 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love it or hate it, who would leave that boat anchor in the trunk? I mean really, that kind of time and money invested and I'd guess added weight too??? Probably has a 0-60 time of just over 17 seconds.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rep...G9&item=191809218483
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2016 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JCircs:

Love it or hate it, who would leave that boat anchor in the trunk? I mean really, that kind of time and money invested and I'd guess added weight too??? Probably has a 0-60 time of just over 17 seconds.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rep...G9&item=191809218483

Those 2.8's are quicker than that. Not by a lot but definitely quicker.

What is more laughable is the price!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2016 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was laughing at the comparison animal next to it.
Neils88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2016 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

What is more laughable is the price!

Just because you won't pay that doesn't mean it isn't worth the money. That is a well built kit...a quick 38000 swap and it'd be fast too, at minimal additional cost. LOTS of people are in the market for a completed Lambo...and that is well below the normal expected price....so no...it is not laughable. But clearly not your cup of tea, so for you it's overpriced.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2016 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I was laughing at the comparison animal next to it.

Yeah, that's kind of a strange photo to include in the listing.

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2016 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:
Just because you won't pay that doesn't mean it isn't worth the money. That is a well built kit...a quick 38000 swap and it'd be fast too, at minimal additional cost. LOTS of people are in the market for a completed Lambo...and that is well below the normal expected price....so no...it is not laughable. But clearly not your cup of tea, so for you it's overpriced.

A 38000 may be overkill. Sure, a 3800SC would be nice, though.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2016 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ZOMG!!! Those taillights! They're freakin HUGE.

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

LostNotForgotton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2016 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LostNotForgottonClick Here to visit LostNotForgotton's HomePageSend a Private Message to LostNotForgottonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I usually monitor kit cars on EBay as a means to kill time when I'm bored. This kit seems to be priced fairly accurate for what it is. I've seen Lamborghini kits with 2.8 engines for asking prices anywhere from $45k-$55k depending on build quality and options. This looks like it was built well from the pics. I'm sure if the builder had to pick on putting their budget and time into the engine or the body they go for the body first. That's the whole point of building a kit car. I'm sure that if they have a budget that allows for a motor swap as well then they'd go for the faster engine to match the looks of the car. If I was in the market for Lamborghini kit and had to pick between buying a kit with a 2.8 and then motor swap it myself or buying a 3800 Fiero and then putting the body lit on myself I'd go with the finished kit. I've worked on a Diablo kit before and I think the motor swap is much easier than the kit build. Lamborghini kits tend to sell for a bit more than the Ferrari's mainly because there is a whole lot more work involved. If this car were to sell between $35k & $40k and the buyer put another $4,500-$5,000 into an engine swap that they did the labor themselves, I still think it would be a decent deal compared to other cars I've seen on EBay. The pig however, doesn't come across as a good selling point for the car. Girls modeling with cars, yes! Pigs modeling with cars...confused. I would have left Porky out of these glamor shots.

------------------
87 Fiero GT 3.4 Pushrod with 7730 ECM & DIS
88 MERA #8013
85 Fiero SE with 3.1 pushrod
86 Fiero SE 2.8 stock
www.youtube.com/LostNotForgotton

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2016 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wish people would get a good camera and take nice photos.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2016 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can ask whatever you want for a kit car but there is a huge difference between "asking" and "dead presidents in hand".

Liken it to that old saying...... You can wish in one hand an sh it in the other..........

Also with Ebay there a lot of sellers that use "ghost" bidders. They'll list items for sale with no reservre. Obviously the first bid makes it sold. Then a week or so later that item is available once again. I know a guy that only lists his vehicles on Ebay as "no reserve". He only "sells" a fraction of them on Ebay though everyone gets a bid.

Like I said, only "dead presidents in hand" is a true litmus test as to what something is worth. Whether or not this car is my cup 'o tea, I want to see 35 grand land in someone's hand for a car like this.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2016 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

38000 cc! that would be awesome.
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2016 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL. Benjamin wasn't a president though.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2016 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

LOL. Benjamin wasn't a president though.

LOL!

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2016 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think my finger got excited...

Wonder if the pig comes with the car? ...now all I can think about is bacon....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock