One (1) photo with caption by Kelvin Vivian
Started on: 02-15-2016 04:40 PM
Replies: 20 (625 views)
Last post by: Thunderstruck GT on 02-19-2016 05:12 PM
Kelvin Vivian

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

stock 1988 GT - 5 speed, beechwood, gold lace rims, leather seats (in storage), rear def, cruise, pdl, pw, pm, rear trunk release, gold lace wheels, rear decklid spoiler, does not have performance sound (photo taken 02/14/16)

------------------

88 GT T-Top 5-spd #338 of 1252
87 SE 4-cyl 5-spd sunroof, spoiler, performance sound
85 2M4 base coupe T-Top 5-spd, rackless decklid, 15-in 88 GT rims, aero-conversion

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, that is a photo with a caption alright.
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Incredible!

Bravo sir..... Bravo!

But why do you have your "seats in storage"?

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 02-15-2016).]

Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should have joined us on the California Coast Run last October. (San Simeon to Carmel via the coast Highway).

Would have loved to see the car in person.
lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking car, really very nice. The only thing I'd do is lowering springs or Rodney's lowering ball joints, just to close up that fender gap a bit.

Congrats!
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bright Red/Beechwood/Gold for the WIN!
Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2016 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

But why do you have your "seats in storage"?

Someday I'll get around to restoring this car to like new, but it does look great as-is (it has 171,000+ miles on it). A long, long while back I purchased JScott's beechwood interior from his then 60,000 mile 88 GT - those parts are still in storage, including the leather beechwood seats. I've replaced the original shredded leather seats in this car with fabric beechwood seats from an 88 base coupe.

Others, feel free to post a pic of your car along with a caption... I love seeing pics of all Fiero models.

------------------

85 2M4 base coupe T-Top 5-spd, rackless decklid, 15-in 88 GT rims, aero-conversion

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2016 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kelvin Vivian:

Someday I'll get around to restoring this car to like new, but it does look great as-is (it has 171,000+ miles on it). A long, long while back I purchased JScott's beechwood interior from his then 60,000 mile 88 GT - those parts are still in storage, including the leather beechwood seats. I've replaced the original shredded leather seats in this car with fabric beechwood seats from an 88 base coupe.

Others, feel free to post a pic of your car along with a caption... I love seeing pics of all Fiero models.

Kelvin, how the heck are you? My favorite part are the leather Beechwood seats in Storage. That was over a decade ago at this point. wow!

Here's what they looked like around 2001 before I converted to the Firebird interior.

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2016 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful wheel / exterior / interior color combo.

Thanks for sharing...

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2016 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Kelvin, how the heck are you? My favorite part are the leather Beechwood seats in Storage. That was over a decade ago at this point. wow!

Here's what they looked like around 2001 before I converted to the Firebird interior.

Thanks for the interior shot, that's it right there! I still have the interior parts in the boxes you shipped to me. All is well - I've been a every-once-in-a-while lurker on this site. In 2012 I picked up a Toyota Prius Plug-in, and I've been having fun commuting in it and posting at the Priuschat Forum. BUT this Pennock's Fiero Forum was my first car forum, and as we (and other long time members) can attest, the bond of Fiero friends stands the test of time.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Kelvin Vivian (edited 02-16-2016).]

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2016 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kelvin Vivian:

Get outta here!

Really?

That thing looks pretty damn good for 171,000 miles.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2016 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy smokes dude! Good to see you! How you been?

On topic...

88 Formula with fastback conversion. 4.9 w/Allante intake. NVG T-550 tranny. Fiero Warehouse scoops and spoiler.
Fieroguru camber correction kit and 13" brake package. Staggered Borbet Type FS wheels. Pontiac Stealth Gray Paint.
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2016 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raydar! Sick car! Love it! 👍🍻🍸😎
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Kelvin? Still work at UPS?
I'm in Funnyvale every day this week and I usually have to drop off boxes at the Fed ex station down the road.
I hate the traffic in this area. I'd much rather be in Fremont but have no choice.
Kit
Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

Hi Kelvin? Still work at UPS?
I'm in Funnyvale every day this week and I usually have to drop off boxes at the Fed ex station down the road.
I hate the traffic in this area. I'd much rather be in Fremont but have no choice.
Kit

I work close to you in Sunnyvale - not at the UPS though . Hope to see you soon at one of the local get-togethers.

Originally posted by lorennerol:

Great looking car, really very nice. The only thing I'd do is lowering springs or Rodney's lowering ball joints, just to close up that fender gap a bit.

Congrats!

Thanks lorennerol. After this much time, the original 88 stance (regular height in back, even higher up front) has grown on me.

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

You should have joined us on the California Coast Run last October. (San Simeon to Carmel via the coast Highway).

Would have loved to see the car in person.

Rsvl - I purchased a shirt, but didn't make it down this past year. Songman started a wonderful tradition...

Originally posted by Raydar:

Holy smokes dude! Good to see you! How you been?

Raydar - all is well, you brought this thread back on topic with a nice ride! Love the fastback/coupe combo.

------------------

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2016 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car Kelvin. You know anytime you get tired of it you can always leave it with me.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2016 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should pull this out one of these days...................

trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2016 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

I should pull this out one of these days...................

THAT - is a seriously beautiful GT!

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
85K miles
Bay City, MI

lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2016 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I'll play too. It's a slow work day and too long before show season...

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2016 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice ride Thunderstruck - what options are on that 88 GT? From what I can tell, it looks like it's a hardtop, though there could be a sunroof, and is there a luggage rack on the decklid - there's not too many luggage-racked GTs. My father has an 87 Maroon GT with a luggage-rack. I'll have to post a pic of that soon.

lorennerol - sharp clean ride, too! Looks to be a factory 87 Blue GT. A clean Fiero, no matter the year or model, will turn heads all day - I love it.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2016 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!

Everything but leather, lumbar and rear spoiler

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 02-19-2016).]

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave