Too many zeros?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Too many zeros? by ICouldaBeenAV8
Started on: 02-08-2016 08:49 PM
Replies: 36 (812 views)
Last post by: thesameguy on 02-13-2016 09:52 PM
ICouldaBeenAV8
From: Chatsworth, California; Clearwater, Florida, and Milwaukee, Wisc.

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not much for the looks, but based on the engine alone that thing has to be a rocket.
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lot of money wasted there.

At least the builder could have had some idea of what direction to go in before starting rather than just throw ideas and parts at it. It would have saved him some money.
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1400HP!?!?!?!?!?

Could you even drive this thing?

This has to be the fastest Fiero... Not a fan of the panels, but wow.

This really is one of a kind. But the price is way to high. 30K would be a bit more realistic, and offering him 20K would be ideal.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gotta save an image of that ad...

Looks a little strange in the back.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 02-09-2016).]

ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The good:
1. It's a Fiero.
2. Interesting engine swap.
3. Lot of work gone into it.

The not so good:
Looks like they could not make up their mind about what they wanted it to look like.
Price is in stupid land.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-09-2016 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:
1400HP!?!?!?!?!?

Could you even drive this thing?

This has to be the fastest Fiero... Not a fan of the panels, but wow.

This really is one of a kind. But the price is way to high. 30K would be a bit more realistic, and offering him 20K would be ideal.

It says 1400 HP at the crank on dyno. That's gotta be with max boost and on methanol. And no, it's probably not drivable on the street at that boost level. Depending on the cam, it might be annoying to drive even with no boost.

And for the asking price, you can probably find a real Countach instead.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some people have more money than brains.

Some people think they have a one of a kind, only one off the line, they are not, they are something someone customized and like I said in another thread none of us are George Barris. Just people with to much money and no knowledge of how much damage they are doing to a car, they will never get back. Because hey look at his fart cans, that must put at least another 30K value on that. I agree the engine makes it go fast, but unless this is a drag car or a show car it is just another case of someone making a car they want that they will never get anything out of them but the pure driving enjoyment.

As a kid, teens and 20s I dropped huge engines in cars, but those were sleepers and not drag cars. imagine passing a 73 olds cutlass 4 door on the highway at 90+ MPH and then only see the dam thing pass you at over 100+ MPH. in your custom made Fiero with a custom made engine. But to be fair all the engines I have ever put in cars were original factory available engines for those cars. 454 4 barrel. It looked just like daddy's car or you granddads car, and in this case it was, my dads. He order it with that engine. Drove it like he stole it every time he got in it. That's what cars were made for, to be driven.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

It says 1400 HP at the crank on dyno. That's gotta be with max boost and on methanol. And no, it's probably not drivable on the street at that boost level. Depending on the cam, it might be annoying to drive even with no boost.

So it probably puts out around 1300+ to the wheels. That is still insane, but who knows. Unless he shows the Dyno, we can only assume he is telling the truth. Tho I wouldn't be surprised.

A countach wouldn't stand a chance against this thing in a straight line. But it seems like such a confused car. The guy who made it put in time and effort and I respect that. At the same time, what was he going for? A drag car? A 'sleeper? I mean when you start putting that much power in a car, it becomes the child who always wanted to play baseball, but never got the chance.
edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Yep, The back end got hit with an Ugly Stick for sure!!!
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-09-2016 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:
So it probably puts out around 1300+ to the wheels. That is still insane, but who knows. Unless he shows the Dyno, we can only assume he is telling the truth. Tho I wouldn't be surprised.

A countach wouldn't stand a chance against this thing in a straight line. But it seems like such a confused car. The guy who made it put in time and effort and I respect that. At the same time, what was he going for? A drag car? A 'sleeper? I mean when you start putting that much power in a car, it becomes the child who always wanted to play baseball, but never got the chance.

Meh. Peak power is a pretty irrelevant number, peak HP doubly so. Doesn't much matter if the ad is telling the truth, or just overcompensating. There are cars with that much power and that are drivable on a daily basis, though few, and as production cars, they approach the seven figures price tag.

Looks like it's probably running a carb, or toilet bowl injection at best, so probably a nightmare to try and switch tunes on if you want to actually make 1400 HP with it. I certainly wouldn't expect this car to be a beacon of reliability, with a "full race" engine.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is that red thing hanging down under the license plate?

If you can afford to buy the car, you'll have to figure on maintenance costs.

This car has the front of a Fiero, the middle from a child's drawing, the interior from a junkyard, the side exhaust from a 30's sports car, the tail lights from a DeLorean, the motor from a race car, the transmission from an RV, the rear clip from a Fort GT, and who knows what other goodies.

OK, I'm kidding. I re-read the posting. Not that I'd buy this, but where is the documentation?

The build started in '88, and presumably ended before now, because it has been driven for 720 miles since...completion. The owner obviously loved this car, and drove it enough to really apprectate the build and test it out.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 02-09-2016).]

tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2016 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The red thing looks like the transmission pan, and the tail lights look like they are from Home Depot, not a DeLorean.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2016 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

...and the tail lights look like they are from Home Depot, not a DeLorean.

We could say it has a Depotean look about it.
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gotta save an image of that ad...

Haha

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 05:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mitchjl22:

Haha

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$7900 would be a better price. The rear especially is ugly as hell, looks like its made from scrap sheet plastic glued together. The only one this looks anything like a Lambo to would be a 5 year old. I agree its got a lot of work put into it. If I had it the first thing Id do is strip off the body parts and start over.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this for real, because it is listed as being from OK, yet has Illinois plates and is advertise in a CA. Long Beach to be exact.

It just doesn't make sense to me, to many discrepancy's, has anyone tried to actually get in touch with this out of touch nut? Or god forbid know him.

Steve
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess you can put it in any locations listings, if you think it will get better attention. Im gagging on that exhaust system, lol. Its not clear enough for me, but that number arrangment on the tag makes it look like its a dealer tag.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Illinois dealer tags have a DL on them.

What difference does it make? A car for sale is a car for sale no matter how fugly it is.

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 02-11-2016).]

lorennerol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Have you priced them lately? It seems that my generation, for whom the Countach was THE car in our teen years, now has disposable income and has driven the price through the roof. You can almost buy a Diablo or Gallardo for less.
PFF
System Bot
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the exhaust pipes were a little longer I might consider putting in a bid. Otherwise good luck on your sale.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

Illinois dealer tags have a DL on them.

What difference does it make? A car for sale is a car for sale no matter how fugly it is.

I didnt know, it looked like an Ohio dealer tag that has 2 numbers separated like that. First number is the dealership. Illinois is not that far from Okla. He could be storing it there, or moving to Okla from there. I will agree that someone will buy anything. It could be a school kids graduation present if they dropped about $70,000 though. im sure some teens would think its awesome. I CAN guarantee hes not getting $79,000 for it though.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-11-2016 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lorennerol:
Have you priced them lately? It seems that my generation, for whom the Countach was THE car in our teen years, now has disposable income and has driven the price through the roof. You can almost buy a Diablo or Gallardo for less.

A Galalrdo, certainly you can get one "cheap." A Diablo, not so much. The Countach was produced for a fairly long time, so I'm not entirely sure what age group you're referring to there.

It does seem that impeccable examples have gone way up in price, indeed. I'm not talking about the ultra rare, ultra exquisite examples though.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I didnt know, it looked like an Ohio dealer tag that has 2 numbers separated like that. First number is the dealership. Illinois is not that far from Okla. He could be storing it there, or moving to Okla from there. I will agree that someone will buy anything. It could be a school kids graduation present if they dropped about $70,000 though. im sure some teens would think its awesome. I CAN guarantee hes not getting $79,000 for it though.

You really think somebody hates their kid that much?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

$7900 would be a better price. The rear especially is ugly as hell...

Look on the bright side... from the driver's seat you can't see the back.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Look on the bright side... from the driver's seat you can't see the back.

LOL!
Pancake

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PancakeSend a Private Message to PancakeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now lets be honest for all those saying $7900, the drivetrain alone with worth well over $10k. That said the drivetrain is the main appeal of the car, and other than a standing mile drag car or a Bonneville car don't see that power being remotely usable. As far as the looks I agree it's very muddled; it looks very confused and slapped together for something with that sort of engine in it. Respect for the work into building it, but I really question what they were going for.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pancake:

Now lets be honest for all those saying $7900, the drivetrain alone with worth well over $10k.

Okay Mr Pancake, it's your turn to be honest. In your estimation, is the value of this car closer to $79900... or $7990 ?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 02-11-2016).]

Pancake

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2016 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PancakeSend a Private Message to PancakeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$20k-25k tops. Just saying it's got a lot of money into the engine

Now that drivetrain swapped into an SD4 body out on the salt flats.... THAT would be something worth paying some serious money for

[This message has been edited by Pancake (edited 02-11-2016).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-12-2016 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

$20k-25k tops. Just saying it's got a lot of money into the engine

Now that drivetrain swapped into an SD4 body out on the salt flats.... THAT would be something worth paying some serious money for

If it's really a "full race" engine as stated in the description, then the engine cost alone is probably close to $25K, especially if built by a pro builder. Maybe more, depending on what's actually in it, and how much was spent on machine work.
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2016 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now lets be honest for all those saying $7900, the drivetrain alone with worth well over $10k. That said the drivetrain is the main appeal of the car, and other than a standing mile drag car or a Bonneville car don't see that power being remotely usable. As far as the looks I agree it's very muddled; it looks very confused and slapped together for something with that sort of engine in it. Respect for the work into building it, but I really question what they were going for.

The drivetrain is why I put it at $7900. Most of the rest is dumpster stuff. It may have a $10,000 drivetrain, but you NEVER get back what you put into a custom car.

Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2016 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The drivetrain is why I put it at $7900. Most of the rest is dumpster stuff. It may have a $10,000 drivetrain, but you NEVER get back what you put into a custom car.

This...

Don't see this selling for much over $15k and I am being super generous.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2016 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Some people think they have a one of a kind, only one off the line, they are not, they are something someone customized and like I said in another thread none of us are George Barris. Just people with to much money and no knowledge of how much damage they are doing to a car, they will never get back. Because hey look at his fart cans, that must put at least another 30K value on that. I agree the engine makes it go fast, but unless this is a drag car or a show car it is just another case of someone making a car they want that they will never get anything out of them but the pure driving enjoyment. ...Steve

This is the whole point. None of us are Shelby or Roush, or Delorean, so no matter how much money we spend cobbling together a one-off car that doesn't make it a valuable collectable. At most the value is in the parts used.

Not sure if a 50 year old Oldsmobile RV transmission can hold 1400 hp. But if I had $79 Large I would put it on a C7 with a measly 700+ hp.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2016 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lot of time/effort/money went into it, but it is very personalized to the builder.

Unfortunately, the best way to get the most money back out of it would be to part it out.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2016 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like bits and pieces of it. The rear end looks a mess unfortunately...should have avoided any Countach influence. I think it is worth more than many people here are saying. You couldn't build this yourself for $20K, so it has to be worth more. What is it worth to you? That is completely different...and that is what most are trying to comment on. Ultimately, if I were in the market for a 1400hp car and had the money, then I'd be building it myself. Someone will end up paying quite a bit to pick this up...there's always someone out there....(...and then they'll make the mistake of coming here to proudly show off their new purchase...)
thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2016 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think the "you couldn't build it yourself" argument applies... because you first have to want to build it. I don't want a 1000lb drivetrain in the back of my Fiero at any power level, so at best the value of this car to me is parts... and I have no need of a 1000lb drivetrain.

Edit: Although, if I did have it it'd make buying that classic El Dorado or Riviera make that much more sense...

[This message has been edited by thesameguy (edited 02-13-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock