Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Interesting ad: $110,000 '87 GTFiero for $45,000 (Cdn - that's only $32,850 US!)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Interesting ad: $110,000 '87 GTFiero for $45,000 (Cdn - that's only $32,850 US!) by David Hambleton
Started on: 02-03-2016 06:52 PM
Replies: 29 (652 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 02-09-2016 09:15 AM
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a frequent trophy winner:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars...hNavigationFlag=true
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My math must be bad. The seller says over $110,000 ”invested” in the car, which is selling for $45,000. I thought that investments were supposed to make money, but this would appear to be a $65,000 loss.

I don't see how the exchange rate would make this any better.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 02-03-2016).]

Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that's a member here.

I remember a 70 something year old member recently saying to make him an offer on his car that he had 110 grand into.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car. Comes with a "Supper" charger...in case you get hungry I guess....
thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems okay, but I like my cars to have a lot of ducts.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:I don't see how the exchange rate would make this any better.

It makes it more affordable for our fellow American Fiero aficionados... that's all.

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2016 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen this car in person many, many times. Obviously I can't verify how much money he put into it, but I can say that it is an exceptional Fiero. It's one of those builds where nothing has been left untouched. It's going to be a tough sale at that price though.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
for $45,0000 or $110,000 invested, that paint leaves something to be desired in my opinion.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

for $45,0000 or $110,000 invested, that paint leaves something to be desired in my opinion.

How can you tell from such a small lo-res image?

zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't install a amida G1 dash board?

Meh, im seing like $15,000 at best. But hey, I would love to see someone buy this.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have also seen this car. Nicely done, but way too much bling for my liking. The inside of the car had more gages than the Delorean in Back to the Future from what I recall.. Those tail pipes could use a circumcision... Overall a ton of money has been spent ("invested" is a term I use more carefully).

It is in excellent shape the last time I saw it, but for $45k Canadian you can buy a real sportscar, so it may be a tough sell, but you never know..

I don't live far away and can take a peek and pictures if anyone is seriously interested in it. The engine is a Series I unfortunately if my memory is correct.
PFF
System Bot
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Those tail pipes could use a circumcision... .

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

I think that's a member here.

I remember a 70 something year old member recently saying to make him an offer on his car that he had 110 grand into.

Well..... Apparently there are 2 $100,000.00 Fieros out there........

Originally posted by hugh:

First,I spent much more than I should have . I have more than $100,000 spent on this car ,which has the paint changed from black to a metallic blue,383 inch (stroked 350 ) ,AFR heads (everything new) ,Superram intake with a new throttle body,85 pound injectors,turbo (new),stainless exhaust(custom made),2 bus cat.converters,and much,much more .I almost forgot,this car is an 87GT with an 88 powertray,and it has power steering.I'm 76 years old and want to sell this car,call me for a good(to you) price and a more complete list of what the car has.My phone number is 856-784-8450.

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I've seen some others that are close. Some of the Lambo kits are in the high $80k's. There are 2 other Fieros in the Chicago area that are probably also about that.

Many Fieros have $20k in them. It isn't hard to do. $6k for paint, $8k for an engine swap, $2k for suspension, $3k for tires & wheels, $1k for LED lighting, $2k for interior/upholstery/seat/trunk cover/spare tire cover upgrades, $1k for brake upgrades, etc. $23k.

Add a good body kit, $15k

Add lambo doors, $1k

Add firebird interior, $10k

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 02-04-2016).]

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I think I've seen some others that are close. Some of the Lambo kits are in the high $80k's. There are 2 other Fieros in the Chicago area that are probably also about that.

Many Fieros have $20k in them. It isn't hard to do. $6k for paint, $8k for an engine swap, $2k for suspension, $3k for tires & wheels, $1k for LED lighting, $2k for interior/upholstery/seat/trunk cover/spare tire cover upgrades, $1k for brake upgrades, etc. $23k.

Add a good body kit, $15k

Add lambo doors, $1k

Add firebird interior, $10k

DAMN!

And my wife b itches about me having 75 grand wrapped up into two drag cars.
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

DAMN!

And my wife b itches about me having 75 grand wrapped up into two drag cars.

Hey wait... I thought you got banned? Well, it's good to see you back
DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

How can you tell from such a small lo-res image?

particularly picture 5, from the passenger rear, shows the paint.
plus I don't care for the body color belt line, mirrors, and sail panels, that's what I was referring too.

its a faded red or red/orange, not really a fan
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I wouldn't exclude it just for the paint. If you otherwise like the car, and that was the only thing you wanted to change, perhaps a good option.

I like red--but that isn't my color red. I agree about the unicolor thing. To each their own.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't even have that much in my IMSA......

------------------
Paul

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For a moment, I thought you were going to say that $100k was about right. Or did you mean that you don't have $20k in your IMSA?
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2016 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He would be lucky if he gets 25,000$ for it. That's my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, its a nice fiero...but for me, its too modified and too many add on toys.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2016 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:

But hey, I would love to see someone buy this.

I hope NO ONE buys this.

"crank magna fluxed" oh wow it was checked for cracks, LMFAO
"$18,000" in the engine, why don't I find these stupid people as customers, oh wait, I guess I don't charge enough.
AD: I will build that engine for anyone for $18,000, and even magna flux the block too.
Where's the d*** sucking attachment? LMAO

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 02-08-2016).]

DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Well, I wouldn't exclude it just for the paint. If you otherwise like the car, and that was the only thing you wanted to change, perhaps a good option.

I like red--but that isn't my color red. I agree about the unicolor thing. To each their own.

There's very little I actually do like about this car
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

I hope NO ONE buys this.

"crank magna fluxed" oh wow it was checked for cracks, LMFAO what an a**hole.
"$18,000" in the engine, why don't I find these stupid people as customers, oh wait, I guess I don't charge enough.
AD: I will build that engine for anyone for $18,000, and even magna flux the block too.
Where's the d*** sucking attachment? LMAO

This is an elderly man who put way too much money into this car, and in the end created this weird looking, overdone car with questionable performance claims. However, that may make him naïve, but it does not make him an A*hole . An A*hole is someone who takes a customer's money and disappears for months without replying or providing a product or a refund. We've had enough of those on the forum- take your pick. Someone clearly took advantage of this person and took him to the cleaners, which is unfortunate but that doesn't make the owner a bad person.

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 02-07-2016).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The amount of clutter going on near and on the dash area alone would keep me from buying this car. The engine and trunk look nice but the rest of it would need a minor overhaul for my taste.
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen this car in person a year ago its in great shape, paint is good but not my personal colour choice. He used to be on this forum, nice enough guy, had a chat with him and his buddy. Were a small and shrinking community, lets not hate on each other.

The car was built to a specific taste a long time ago and from what I heard did have a ton of money in it. I.e. the brackets for the small no2 bottle were custom machined to match the big one and chromed etc. Little junk adds up faaaast

I think it's dated but I also think that about some things on skitimes old car and everyone on here is in love with it. In the end to each his own

If you pay for labour its easy for the $$$ to add up. I've had a couple fieros with well over 20k in them if I actually added potential labour costs. Thank goodness for mechanical ability and good friends that are willing to mentor.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

particularly picture 5, from the passenger rear, shows the paint.

It's still just a lo-res image.

Perhaps not exactly how I'd mod a Fiero... but I've seen far far worse here.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

This is an elderly man who put way too much money into this car, and in the end created this weird looking, overdone car with questionable performance claims. However, that may make him naïve, but it does not make him an A*hole . An A*hole is someone who takes a customer's money and disappears for months without replying or providing a product or a refund. We've had enough of those on the forum- take your pick. Someone clearly took advantage of this person and took him to the cleaners, which is unfortunate but that doesn't make the owner a bad person.

I ment saying "crank magna fluxed" as it is some kind of big selling point, I apologize if taken wrong, for the comment, it really is directed at the people who sold it to him, as a big selling point, as a way to get $18,000 out an engine.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For anyone who thinks the custom Fiero being discussed here is too pricey, check out This one! Only $79,900... such a deal.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 02-09-2016).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

For anyone who thinks the custom Fiero being discussed here is too pricey, check out This one! Only $79,900... such a deal.

Is there something in the water up there Patrick?

Is there something in the water in OK?

Both those people sound like a kid who went crazy with daddy's gold card. I love cars, I have had literally hundreds over the years. From the last year 76 stingray to first year 67 firebird convertibles, to first year, 64 1/2 mustangs, to classic Bonneville's and so many more we don't have time to list, I would be dead before I finished.

To me cars are cars, they were made to be driven, drive them like you stole them, especially if they are sports cars. But the prices of these cars and the amount of money spent on them is over the top for any car. How many times has anyone here spent way more than they will ever get back when they sell them? Having one of these cars and driving them is what makes these cars valuable to me, not the over the top balanced and blue printed engines with supper chargers or fart can exhaust.

Most know that is true here, it is a rare car that is worth money, but these were like those imports the kids put fart cans on and think that makes them faster, or put body kits on their cars and think just because you put thousands of dollars into them they will be worth what they put into them. I hate the cars people customize with lambo, Ferrari body kits on them and really think that makes them worth hundreds of thousands of dollars into them.

But to each his own, I would not spend 1/8th of what these people have on these cars nor would I do the things some have done to them. To me it doesn't increase the cars value, to me it devalues a car that is for all its beauty of being a car of the 80s, the first American made mid engine car, but like every car ever made some people are going to have to customize whatever car they buy to be more personal. hey that only makes it more valuable to the person who did that to them.

none of us are George Barris, unless I missed him joining here, many are George want to be but never will be, most are just people who like the cars for what they are,

A Car, that should be driven !

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock