Another Fiero reference in Car & Driver by Jim88GT
Started on: 01-30-2016 12:23 PM
Replies: 3 (215 views)
Last post by: David Hambleton on 01-30-2016 07:59 PM
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2016 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the upfront column by John Phillips discussing the pending demise of the Viper, he states: "It reminds me of the Pontiac Fiero, which debuted for 1984 as a plasticky turd and evolved into a fairy princess for 1988, just in time for GM to snuff it dead"

I'm sure all the owners of 84 models appreciate being informed they have been driving plasticky turds all these years

[This message has been edited by Jim88GT (edited 01-30-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2016 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car and Driver has a history of not caring whose toes they smash. It's one reason I subscribed for many years. (84 Fiero comment notwithstanding.)
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2016 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They also have a habit of heaping praise on a car during initial review, then bashing it a few months or years later on points omitted from the initial review.

That said, we all know the Fiero that went on sale in 1984 was not as Hulki and his team initially envisioned. Much of it turned into a parts-bin car to meet a ridiculously small budget to bring it to market. But if they hadn't made suspension and engine compromises it never would have been built at all.

[This message has been edited by lorennerol (edited 01-30-2016).]

David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2016 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:Car and Driver has a history of not caring whose toes they smash.

Lol! I have a history of not caring what any 'haters' think of my choice of cars. They're entitled to their ridiculous opinions!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock