Intense Racing by Quad GT
Started on: 01-22-2016 07:58 PM
Replies: 8 (377 views)
Last post by: nosrac on 01-25-2016 08:25 PM
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2016 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody ever deal with these guys?

http://intense-racing.com/M...tegory_Code=3800_PPP
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2016 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes, they are ok. What are you purchasing?
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2016 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing yet
Just doing some research on either building a kick ads 3800SC or LS4
Using a manual tranny
not sure which way to lean
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only reasonable manual transmissions are the F23 and F40 for those engines. It would suck to blow up your Fiero trans as soon as you get on it or spend $6K on making the NSX work and still have issues.
I would go with the F23 if I were doing a manual.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few years back I did a 3800SC swap and the guy insisted that he keep the Getrag. A month later, he split the trans case into shreds on a WOT shift. He replaced it then split the case again but this time in his driveway. That transmission was designed for a 2.8L and not for a 3800. application. What Nosrac has said x 2.
As for Intense Racing, they have been around a long time selling 3800 upgrade parts. While we have good reports on them, I lean towards ZZ Performance for my 3800 parts as they have a wider selection..

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They're alright now.. after Scott Cook sold it off. I wouldn't use them prior to him selling out.

They don't carry much that I'd really buy these days, though.
Adjustso3

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2016 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If only somebody made F23 mounts for a 3800SC swap. I'm sure I'm gonna be in the same boat as that guy who destroyed his Getrag.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2016 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a guy on FB 3800 Fiero page that said he made an extra set. A few guys on here can make them.
Just search around or find a custom shop and make 10 sets. I'm sure you would double your money back.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2016 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Btw, I found a co that now makes 3800 specific turbo flanges for the Fiero that is bolt on. I had them make mine and now they are readily available for anyone, so I know it could be done.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock