Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Need a pic of kick down cable. Harder than I thought.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Need a pic of kick down cable. Harder than I thought. by jimbolaya
Started on: 01-12-2016 05:48 PM
Replies: 9 (172 views)
Last post by: jimbolaya on 01-14-2016 08:07 PM
jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put Rodneys kick down cable on my 86 GT. There is this clip that is apparently for mounting it somewhere. Danged if I can find a bolt or place to mount it it that makes sense. Anyone know or got a picture of it?

Jim
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im thinking Rodneys cable may be longer than stock.

Jim
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it is to long try getting a bend in it before you try to put the cable into the holder, not a sharp bend by any means bet a small bend then once you get the end of the cable in allow the bend to find it's own natural bend after its locked in.

My manual is in the Fiero so no pictures from me anyway.

Have fun.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2016 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have it in the end at the throttle and at the tranny, of course. However, there is this clip, midstream of the cable, that slides back and forth, on the cable, that suggest it attaches to a bolt somewhere, but danged if I can see where. I searched for a pic, but really couldn't find one. I figured a pic would clear it up. The cable works, I just want it connected and tucked away properly.

Jim
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

Im thinking Rodneys cable may be longer than stock.

Jim

My cable is exactly the same length as OEM. But I do not have a picture of where that clip attaches. But it is in the same location as the OEM GM cable.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

There is this clip that is apparently for mounting it somewhere. Danged if I can find a bolt or place to mount it it that makes sense. Anyone know or got a picture of it?

Isn't there a little plastic sleeve which snaps into a little clip on (or by) the thermostat neck?

Its 7AM and I'm at the office but when I get home I can snap a pic if the issue isn't cleared up by then.

Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently replaced my kick-down cable (Rodney) when I replaced my auto tyranny with a 4T60. The tab on the knockdown cable is secured by the bolts that secure the cruise control motor, the right bolt. In my case, I had to remove the tit on the tab.

Hope this helps? I have a photo but have yet to figure out how to send photos using a Kindle Fire HD!

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2016 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:

I recently replaced my kick-down cable (Rodney) when I replaced my auto tyranny with a 4T60. The tab on the knockdown cable is secured by the bolts that secure the cruise control motor, the right bolt.

You are correct. One bolt at the cruise control bracket, and a clip at the thermostat housing. Those are the only two attachment points in the midsection of the kickdown cable.

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2016 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

My cable is exactly the same length as OEM. But I do not have a picture of where that clip attaches. But it is in the same location as the OEM GM cable.

I hope you weren't taking that personal. It was just a observation because there seemed to be so much slack. I love your products. I've got all your ball joints, tie rod ends etc. No complaints here.

Jim

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2016 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jimbolaya

10652 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by Cajun:

I recently replaced my kick-down cable (Rodney) when I replaced my auto tyranny with a 4T60. The tab on the knockdown cable is secured by the bolts that secure the cruise control motor, the right bolt. In my case, I had to remove the tit on the tab.

Hope this helps? I have a photo but have yet to figure out how to send photos using a Kindle Fire HD!

Thanks, I did the same swap and I have the cable clipped at the thermostat housing, but not near the cruise control. I've had other issues and just got the car towed home tonight. I'll look at it Saturday.

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 01-14-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock