Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Educate me ! Why does no one want a Notchie? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Educate me ! Why does no one want a Notchie? by robert1234
Started on: 01-01-2016 07:30 PM
Replies: 60 (1096 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 01-06-2016 04:12 AM
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2016 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Might've been worthwhile to have mentioned that bit of detail in your opening post.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Patrick:

Educate us. Why would you make such an ill-informed assumption?

LOL!

You should use that smiley for your avatar.

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 01-02-2016).]

IP: Logged
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2016 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

And what were these called on the Firebird?..........

Aero Wing

I know, my '87 Formula Firebird came with one and that is what it was called.

When air passes under and over aero device it is a wing as in the Firebird example.

The spoiler on your Pro street and other cars has no air passing under it only over it and that is called a spoiler. In fact in the days they raced them they called it a whale tail spoiler unofficially.

So you are correct on the Firebird or the factory Fiero to call it a wing. Now anything else like you have on the PS car or even the older 2nd gen TA is a spoiler. Even the First Gen 69 TA had a wing because the air went under the wing.

What you have on the pro street was used on the IMSA cars and was called a spoiler and often used a larger lip on the back edge. This was called a Gurney strip and would damn the air flow up in the top of the spoiler increasing the down force. What you have there may help with air flow but may be limited to down force. Take a look a the real race cars and how they tuned the spoilers. A lot of work goes into these and the size of the Gurney strip can really change the amount of down force.

BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2016 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know one thing I like about my bumper pad notchback over the fastback, way easier to reach and work on things in the engine compartment. Mine still looks like a typical non-restored 85 SE 2M6 but I happen to like my little Fiero coupe just fine!

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2016 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have both and I prefer the notchback.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2016 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like both, have and drive both, a GT and a Notchback.
When it comes to Notchbacks, I can't decide witch I like better, the 85GT style or the 87-88 couple style.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2016 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:
When it comes to Notchbacks, I can't decide witch I like better, the 85GT style or the 87-88 couple style.

Couple style?
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2016 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My preference is obvious. But I really like the renditions of what people put together in tasteful mods. In the end...I like Fieros.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2016 03:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Couple style?

I'm sure he meant coupe.

I was more concerned with the witch in his post.

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2016 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm sure he meant coupe.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sardonyx247:

[/QUOTE]

Oh boy...grammar police out in full force...
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2016 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2016 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Usually it seems like the opinion is fastbacks look more modern. That bit doesnt really matter to me. But I like them all for what they are. Some like fastbacks because they are a bit less angular. Some I'm sure like them because they were what was next, in 84 a lot of bumperpad cars were sold, maybe they wanted to own the "update". Maybe to some, its like hearing a song played too many times. Though.. if you go to a show today, nice bumperpads are the many times rare ones there. "GT" sounds cool, though you could get a notchie GT in 85. If I had to pick a fave based just upon looks, oddly enough (to some) I probably lean twards the bumperpad. We all have our own tastes. I even like stock or modded cars, 4 cyl and V8s and all in between. more cylinders than 8, sure!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-04-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2016 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm sure he meant coupe.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sardonyx247:

[/QUOTE]

damn auto correct put that one in there.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Notchies can be okay...

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SQUIRREL!!!

What were we talking about?
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally nothing looks better than a Notchie with a wing, but a chopped top fastback is very very sexy! Then again so does a chopped top Nochie with a wing!
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought what I like

You bought what you like

Enjoy the similarities and appreciate the differences.

Can't we all just get along?

1987 Fiero Gt
1988 Fiero Gt LS4

Thank You
robert1234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL, I did not mean to start an argument.
I sure like everyone's opinion though.

That's why I like this forum, no one is afraid to speak up ! Everyone appreciates each other and their likes. Nice.

[This message has been edited by robert1234 (edited 01-05-2016).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm sure he meant coupe.

I thought ”couple style” was accidentally on purpose. You can only seat a couple in a Fiero, because it only has a couple of seats. It's a great couple's car...but a poor family car.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 01-05-2016).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would rather have a notch back than fast back.
They just seem more unique
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a GT fan, but there have been a few Notchies I would have liked to have had:

V8Archie's Stinger, and John Norman's Obsession (when it was purple/yellow)

https://2bluesc.com/viewpic...=Other%2FJohn+Norman

------------------

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Notchies can be okay...

The pace car is the only notchie I really like... I guess that's why I have two of them, lol
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay