RCR drives 85' Fiero GT. by zzzhuh
Started on: 12-28-2015 03:47 PM
Replies: 16 (401 views)
Last post by: Falcon Fiero on 12-31-2015 08:24 PM
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2015 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I enjoy this guys channel, but his review of the 86 GT was very unpleasing to me.

He uploaded a video today of him driving an 85 GT. I was pleased to hear him say nothing but good things about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_P0i6eELs

I figured the owner might be someone of the forums.

------------------
Every fiero has a story, It's our job to keep that story alive.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2015 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love RCR but his original Fiero review was very... Artistic... But this one was fun! He totally digs them. Wish the guy could of offered up more info about Fieros to him though...

------------------
1987 Fiero GTX 3800 Turbo... My Build, ST3 Cam, Lowered, Wheels, and pics enjoy!//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2015 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's funny when he hits reverse at a light. Don't know why he insists on driving with the lights on.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 12-29-2015).]

zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2015 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IanT720:

Wish the guy could of offered up more info about Fieros to him though...

If only the owner was on these forums.
California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2015 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He sure killed Excitement, pretty boring video.
Threedog

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2015 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He is actually writing for Road and Track, you can hear his take on the Fiero here.

It is not a "positive" review, but it is not negative either. He points out some important faults about the car and why it has social status that it has. Keep in mind that this is based on the Fiero(85 GT) he drove, not all Fieros ever.

[This message has been edited by Threedog (edited 12-29-2015).]

Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2015 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Threedog

1282 posts
Member since Jun 2013

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

It's funny when he hits reverse at a light. Don't know why he insists on driving with the lights on.

Because head lights go uuuuuupppp. If you never have, watch his car reviews. He focuses on the culture of the car way more than the specifications or driving feel, and he does an amazing job.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2015 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry just not a fan. When you spend more time reading the visor and really not having a clue about the car how can you share much with those who don't know.

I would think before driving a car he would brush up a little bit at least with the owner.

The owner I think was about ready to take over by the time he hit reverse.
Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2015 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

Sorry just not a fan. When you spend more time reading the visor and really not having a clue about the car how can you share much with those who don't know.

I would think before driving a car he would brush up a little bit at least with the owner.

The owner I think was about ready to take over by the time he hit reverse.

That is the whole point. It is not about driving the car, it is about the culture that surrounds it. Here is one on the Dodge Ram. It is a comedic take on car culture, not a real review. That being said, his humor is not for everyone and I totally understand not liking the reviews.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2015 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In case anyone was wondering, that's not me...

Bob
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2015 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Threedog:

That is the whole point. It is not about driving the car, it is about the culture that surrounds it. Here is one on the Dodge Ram. It is a comedic take on car culture, not a real review. That being said, his humor is not for everyone and I totally understand not liking the reviews.

Sorry but that is my point I just am not a fan of this. I do not find it informative. I do not find it funny Etc. Just not a fan.

If I want to laugh I like Larry the Cable Guy, Jerry Seinfeld, Ron White etc. But I hate Russell Brand.

The only comedian I really like on cars is Jay Leno as you can tell he has the passion for cars of all types.

I just found nothing of value to me here. If you like him that is fine but I just don't.
PFF
System Bot
Threedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2015 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

Sorry but that is my point I just am not a fan of this. I do not find it informative. I do not find it funny Etc. Just not a fan.

If I want to laugh I like Larry the Cable Guy, Jerry Seinfeld, Ron White etc. But I hate Russell Brand.

The only comedian I really like on cars is Jay Leno as you can tell he has the passion for cars of all types.

I just found nothing of value to me here. If you like him that is fine but I just don't.

That make sense, he certainly has a style that is not set up for everyone.

Jay Leno's garage is incredible. Watching his interview on Top Gear where he discussed the F1 completely changed how I see him, he is hilarious and a huge car nut. It is like watching your sarcastic, loaded, grandfather talk about your favorite hobby.

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2015 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Because head lights go uuuuuupppp. If you never have, watch his car reviews. He focuses on the culture of the car way more than the specifications or driving feel, and he does an amazing job.

BTW, he was totally doing a Plucky Duck impersonation.... (Elevator button). Heh
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2015 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TheDigitalAlchemist

12447 posts
Member since Jan 2012
Heh this is good stuff-

2:40-5:40ish

http://youtu.be/-X4pvsoZ35k
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2015 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That make sense, he certainly has a style that is not set up for everyone.

Jay Leno's garage is incredible. Watching his interview on Top Gear where he discussed the F1 completely changed how I see him, he is hilarious and a huge car nut. It is like watching your sarcastic, loaded, grandfather talk about your favorite hobby.

I have dealt with Jay and I have friends that know him. He is what you see. The guy is an honest true gear head and nothing less. He is open minded and a good judge on cars. He knows his stuff history and equipment wise.

I have a Tonight Show hat signed by him in my car room. He sent that for some work I did for him. Means a lot to me from him as being a car guy more than a TV host.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-31-2015 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool vid. I also want to point out the negatives of this production, but it is just always welcome to see interest in our little obsessions.

Jay Leno... Incredible car guy! I watch his featured cars. Really cool to see just what is out there.

The silver Fiesta that is so often in the background is one of my all time favorite cars. A V8 mid engine rocket.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2015 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think this is the same guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT1KW2tWD4I

------------------

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock