Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  FrankenFiero Build Day (Free Pizza, Sodas, Water and Beer)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
FrankenFiero Build Day (Free Pizza, Sodas, Water and Beer) by solman105
Started on: 12-21-2015 02:11 PM
Replies: 31 (981 views)
Last post by: solman105 on 04-02-2016 07:25 PM
solman105

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2015 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys
I hope to not sound "cheeky" with this favor, but I was wondering if anybody could help me with putting the FrankenFiero back together on 2 April. I plan on painting between March 27-29 and letting her sit until that Saturday morning.

As the title says, I WILL BUY PIZZA, SODA, WATER, AND BEER.

If you can help, shoot me a message and I'll give you the address and time. I should have all the tools here.

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you there
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2016 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, just a reminder
If you're in the area and you have some time to spare. Thanks!!!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2016 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't attend, but I think this is a great idea. It's a productive hands-on opportunity. I wish there were more of these.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2016 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I can't attend, but I think this is a great idea. It's a productive hands-on opportunity. I wish there were more of these.

I'd be GLAD to provide such an opportunity for my 3800SC swap!
mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2016 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know I'm in. Make sure you have enough beer for me to get drunk enough that I don't actually have to do any work on the car.
robert1234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2016 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang, if I was close I would
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mr_corean:

You know I'm in. Make sure you have enough beer for me to get drunk enough that I don't actually have to do any work on the car.

That's an option?.?.? I didn't know that was an option.

Originally posted by robert1234:

Dang, if I was close I would

You need an excuse to come to Vegas anyway, right?

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 02-01-2016).]

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think this is a great idea, too. I would happily come help if it was local...but this one is 2000 miles.
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't know how much help I can be, but I can "Supervise" On my calendar...

------------------
'87 GT in process, including GA / Seville brakes, Poly Suspension, '95 3800 Series 1 SC ( 225 hp ) 4t60e.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solman105:
Hi guys
I hope to not sound "cheeky" with this ....

This kind of stuff is what its all about.
solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2016 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Right......O Douls for you, if you're good, I'll get you some keystone lite

Joking, but serious, what do you drink? I was going to pick up some Bud Lite

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

I think this is a great idea, too. I would happily come help if it was local...but this one is 2000 miles.

True, but thanks for offering

Originally posted by darbysan:

Don't know how much help I can be, but I can "Supervise" On my calendar...

Supervision will be good the for the first beer or two, after that I worry. It's the experience that I need. I have a ton of parts sitting here that I don't know where some of them go!

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:

I'd be GLAD to provide such an opportunity for my 3800SC swap!

My swap is in, runs good. I can (try to) answer any questions you may have.

Thanks for the thoughts from afar and the support near! I'm having to push my schedule back a little bit. My kids go back to school that week and my painting schedule starts early and ends late for two days; so I'll be spraying the 25th and 26th of March and I'll let cure for 3 days. Wednesday, I'll be assembling what I can by myself and she needs to go back in the air; the resistor on my fuel gauge is upside down so I'll do that beforehand.

The car will be centered in the garage for complete access; the coolers will be full of beverages. I should have all the tools required. Does Auto Zone sell the needed plastic rivets?

Thanks again guys

[This message has been edited by solman105 (edited 02-01-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2016 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Miller Genuine Draft, it IS the beer of choice.
But if you want more work done with a little less buzz get Miller High Life.
If you want people to just stay away get the bud light. All is good jest.

Harbor freight sells the plastic rivets. One trick to the plastic rivets is to soak them in HOT water right before you use them, otherwise they break alot when trying to use them.
solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

Harbor freight sells the plastic rivets. One trick to the plastic rivets is to soak them in HOT water right before you use them, otherwise they break alot when trying to use them.

Thanks for the tip! I'll keep the kettle on for water on demand!

I'll have my Mrs. pick up the pizzas for a 12:30 lunch and crack open the beers then, that way I can get a couple hours of productive work! I hope to have some done beforehand, I think I'll run into problems putting on the hood and decklid as well as the doors. I forget how the doors came apart. I'm also going to have to wire up the windows, locks and mirrors as they're new to the car. The hood and decklid are easy I know, but they're cumbersome. Hopefully it'll be good times!
mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2016 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Widmer is delicious.
solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2016 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Widmer is delicious.

Isn't that the guy from That 70's Show?
mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no idea. I haven't seen that show in years, lol. All I know is a case of it resides in my house about 90% of the time.
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2016 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have no idea. I haven't seen that show in years, lol. All I know is a case of it resides in my house about 90% of the time.

90%.?.? That means you are not drinking them fast enough

Edit to add: This is turning out to be a great beer and pizza party, oh wait wasn't there something to do with a car.....

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 02-08-2016).]

mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

90%.?.? That means you are not drinking them fast enough

Edit to add: This is turning out to be a great beer and pizza party, oh wait wasn't there something to do with a car.....

A what? I thought Mike said come drink his beer and eat his pizza for free because he thinks we're hot?
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2016 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A what? I thought Mike said come drink his beer and eat his pizza for free because he thinks we're hot?

That's right...now I remember.
solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2016 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump just to keep in the back of your mind.

I started building my paint booth......my neighbor was worried that I was building a meth shack in my garage.
Got a good deal on a new windshield; the guy next to the pick and pull on lamb charged me <$95 for the window and molding.

solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, just a bump
2 April is still a go. I’m painting the car 26th and 27th and I’ll have that week off. So, between the 28th and the first, I’ll go ahead and start assembling the car. I hope to get these accomplished before anyone (hopefully) arrives on the 2nd.

Install fenders
Install rockers
Install quarters
Install bumpers (the front one will need some bracketry)
Wire in cruise control
Insulate engine wiring
Seal in firewall
Install sunroof seal
Flip resistor on fuel level reader.

I will need help with the following. Please!!!!

Install e-brake cable
Install hood
Install decklid
Install front light covers
Install windshield
I have the 2 tubes of 3M adhesive and 8 of the triangular blocks that go around the windshield. Hope I'm not missing any
Assemble/install doors.
I have new dew wipes to put in. The glass will (hopefully) be out and tinted. New Felt pads will go in as well. I have enough door hardware for 4 doors, it’s all unorganized and I haven’t a clue how to put it all back together! Sorry
I also believe that my driver door needs to be bushed; I have new pins and bushings. What drill bit is usually needed?

Anything else that I’m missing.

Thanks for reading and I hope to see y'all there

**Edit to ask: Does anybody have a connection to crimping A/C ends? I have all the hoses and hardware, I just don't have the tooling to do it.**

[This message has been edited by solman105 (edited 03-04-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2016 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
**2 Weeks Out!!!!!**

I'll pick up some Miller Lite and some Foo-foo craft beer and there's a Little Ceasers down the street or a Pizza Hut up the hill.

I'm painting a little early, this Wednesday and Thursday. The Mrs. has something to do the weekend I wanted to paint so everything got bumped.

I'd show a picture of the paint booth but the PIP doesn't seem to be working right now.

Unable to find server (again)
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2016 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi guys
I hope to not sound "cheeky" with this favor, but I was wondering if anybody could help me with putting the FrankenFiero back together on 2 April. I plan on painting between March 27-29 and letting her sit until that Saturday morning.

As the title says, I WILL BUY PIZZA, SODA, WATER, AND BEER.

If you can help, shoot me a message and I'll give you the address and time. I should have all the tools here.

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you there

Great idea!

In the past I found I get more things done when 2-3 people help me out.
When more than that come, they all "party" while I do all the work by myself...

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 03-20-2016).]

darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

**Edit to ask: Does anybody have a connection to crimping A/C ends? I have all the hoses and hardware, I just don't have the tooling to do it.**

I've got a 12 ton Hydraulic crimper, used for electrical lugs, with a full set of large dies. I've seen these advertised on Ebay for use on AC hoses ( but maybe with different dies). You're welcome to use it.

There is an O'reilly's on Decauter ( Near McFadden's Hdwre) that makes hydraulic hoses. They might be able to crimp AC hoses. There is also a place on W Tropicana, Auto Air and More, that also might do it. That's where I buy my parts. Third place I've seen is on Losee- Silver State Hose .

------------------
'87 GT in process, including GA / Seville brakes, Poly Suspension, '95 3800 Series 1 SC ( 225 hp ) 4t60e.

[This message has been edited by darbysan (edited 03-21-2016).]

solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2016 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darbysan:

I've got a 12 ton Hydraulic crimper, used for electrical lugs, with a full set of large dies. I've seen these advertised on Ebay for use on AC hoses ( but maybe with different dies). You're welcome to use it.

There is an O'reilly's on Decauter ( Near McFadden's Hdwre) that makes hydraulic hoses. They might be able to crimp AC hoses. There is also a place on W Tropicana, Auto Air and More, that also might do it. That's where I buy my parts. Third place I've seen is on Losee- Silver State Hose .

Thanks for the offer! I would assume that the electrical dies are a little different, I don't want to ruin your equipment. But if you're coming over 2 April, bring it over, we'll see just how off it is!? I got some fuel hose (for another project) from Nevada House of Hose and they charge $10 a crimp. I then called that O'Reillys, they do in fact do the crimps for like a couple bucks. I'll go there after the tech day. Thanks for the tip!

solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2016 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One week out, any help would be greatly appreciated! Car is in parts but painted. I will have to clean up the clear coat and I have some black overspray on a green door panel. My plan is to do that after the car is assembled and the hellish weather of summer is over.

Hope to see you here!

solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2016 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Build day tomorrow if anybody can come over.
I've got Mt Dew, Diet Pepsi, Miller Lite and water. I'll get the foo foo beer for Mr. C tonight.
PM me for an address if needed!
Thanks
jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2016 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You will have to post pics of the build up - its great that people will help each other out and brings this community a bit closer together.

if I wasn't about 5000 miles away I would be there.

hope your day goes well

Jon
mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2016 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it's foo foo then go ahead and call me a fag cuz it's delicious!
solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2016 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If it's foo foo then go ahead and call me a fag cuz it's delicious!

Nope....just difficult or sophisticated!
I just got back from two Albertsons, neither had your foo foo beer. I got you some New Belgium Hoppy Blonde. Hope that'll suffice

Originally posted by jon m:

You will have to post pics of the build up - its great that people will help each other out and brings this community a bit closer together.

if I wasn't about 5000 miles away I would be there.

hope your day goes well

Jon

Thanks Jon, I hope it goes well too. Hopefully, we'll get some photos out there tonight. When I was stationed in England, I was looking for a Fiero (I don't know what I was thinking) but someone in London was selling a right hand drive 86 4cylinder £2500. He did have a photo and it looked legit. I've just never seen it before!

IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2016 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a great idea... Might have to do this, for my 3800 Turbo Fiero!
PFF
System Bot
solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2016 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IanT720:

This is a great idea... Might have to do this, for my 3800 Turbo Fiero!

It was a good time, thanks you guys for coming over!!!!

I learned a bit about doors today as well as air conditioning.

Outer passenger door skin is completely assembled, driver door was adjusted to fit. I'm missing some minor hardware to finish that but thanks to the guys, I know how to get that all together. We also installed the decklid and wing; my hinges will need adjustment. It's slowly coming together!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock