Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Anybody seen this Fiero story on Jalopnik.com?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anybody seen this Fiero story on Jalopnik.com? by a_bartle
Started on: 12-15-2015 08:28 AM
Replies: 10 (560 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 12-18-2015 03:04 PM
a_bartle

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2015 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for a_bartleSend a Private Message to a_bartleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw this on Jalopnik this morning....cool story: http://oppositelock.kinja.c...ged-beast-1746861764
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2015 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2015 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/096231.html about 5 posts down

5?!?!

There's only 4 posts total.

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 12-15-2015).]

Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2015 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thunderstruck GT

2664 posts
Member since Oct 2015
Interesting

He mentions Buffalo, NY several times but I've never seen or heard of the car. I wish I had.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2015 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

5?!?!

I'm still trying to figure out what Opposite Lock Fiero means.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2015 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Opposite Lock is a site where anyone can post a story. Jalopnik then re-posts the ones they like best on Jalopnik. That way they get more stories without having to pay writers.

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2015 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfred8

1719 posts
Member since Oct 2011

5?!?!

Pennocks has way more then 4 posts total, wtf indeed. (now the original PFF posting is about 10 posts down).

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 12-16-2015).]

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2015 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by a_bartle:

Saw this on Jalopnik this morning....cool story: http://oppositelock.kinja.c...ged-beast-1746861764

Thanks. It's pretty cool seeing something that you wrote getting over 16000 views and pretty much nothing but positive comments. I hope it helped to bring some positive press to the Fiero world and hopefully it might help throw some further business towards Sinister Performance.

Interesting

He mentions Buffalo, NY several times but I've never seen or heard of the car. I wish I had.

Asides from a few trips to visit my family back in Buffalo, the post-swap Fiero really didn't spend any time in Buffalo.

Originally posted by Patrick:

Oppositelock is a website that is pretty much the 'back pages' of Jalopnik. I'm a contributor there and have written a few other various automotive articles. Writing has become a hobby of mine. If you go to OppositeBlog , you will find a more or less a 'best of OppositeLock'. It's all pretty much amateur enthusiast-writing, but there's a lot of great reads. The article I got shared to Jalopnik was kind of a rare instance, but it was pretty cool that one of the heads of Jalopnik (A top automotive-enthusiast site) thought it was good enough to share.

[This message has been edited by AkursedX (edited 12-16-2015).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2015 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AkursedX:

Writing has become a hobby of mine.

You should put a portfolio together and send it to some automotive magazines. See if you can get paid for you hobby! Also I know Fiero Focus magazine is always looking for guest contributors if you want to expand your portfolio that way.
Jason88Notchie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2015 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You should put a portfolio together and send it to some automotive magazines. See if you can get paid for you hobby! Also I know Fiero Focus magazine is always looking for guest contributors if you want to expand your portfolio that way.

This is a great idea. He has a good knack for writing and is able to "hook" you with his writing style. Again, very well writen piece AkursedX.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2015 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock