Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The 'latest' and 'greatest' craigslist ad I've ever seen. (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The 'latest' and 'greatest' craigslist ad I've ever seen. by zzzhuh
Started on: 12-04-2015 10:11 PM
Replies: 54 (1217 views)
Last post by: Perk on 12-09-2015 02:19 AM
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ran across this Fiero for sale, and just about died laughing. I ended up having to send him a text to make sure he was in fact human.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5345630238.html

First of all, can anyone tell me what a "986 Ferrari" is? It seems Ferrari themselves had no idea they made one. I figured I would share this
and let you all have a laugh on your friday night, enjoy!

------------------
Every fiero has a story, It's our job to keep that story alive.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bob2112

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bob2112Send a Private Message to Bob2112Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw that earlier today as well. I was like WTF is that thing? One man's trash....
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take the Volvo in the back ground
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has the VERY rare " electric window tinted windows" option

Wow....just. Wow. I actually pity the poor car.......

------------------
Tim
'87 GT
Med Red Metallic
85K miles
Bay City, MI

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No expense was spared... "new oil cap"
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd take the front hood and the GT tail lights, but other than that this car is done for.

Its such a shame, cause this car has less than 100K on the odometer (at least that is what he claims.)
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seats look like they're out of an 04-06 GTO
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought I would post the text to the ad to save for when the listing is deleted

Custom Ferrari Replica / Kit Car - $9500 (Hilham)

986 Ferrari Replica / Kit car for sale. Drive train is from a 1986 Fiero Gt.
New paint ( red with very lite glitter specks), new 18 inch wheels tires about 98% life has a v6 2.8 liter with a summit racing cam, heads and intake have been ported and polished, has a double roller chain, Holley throttle body, kn air filter, engine was rebuilt almost 2 years ago, 5 speed tranny, new slave, master cylinder, clutch pedal, new clutch, interior blk. leather very clean, electric window tinted windows, has a pioneer touch screen stereo, lights gauges all that stuff work great, very fast car. Brand new distributor, rotor and cap. Just replaced front spare tire holder (truck fiberglass pan), new oil cap, New ECM (computer), carbon fiber mirrors, carbon fiber interior trim, black seats. Heater / defroster works great, ac hooked up but currently not blowing cold. Electric windows.Former owner replace speedo so unknown miles.Last week took off chrome trim and installed black carbon fiber ( wow super cool). Comes with extra doors with door panels. Runs great , strong and fast. Clear Tennessee Title.
Asking $9,500 or possible trade for 1960's mustang, Opel GT, 1950's truck, Jeep Wrangler hard top 6 cylinder with AC, etc ( must be equal value and in running condition no basket cases or granny mobiles)
Located in Hilham, Tn near Cookeville, Tn. thanks, Frankie I do not need help selling, or do gmai
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:

Ran across this Fiero for sale (in Denver), and just about died laughing. I ended up having to send him a text to make sure he was in fact human.

Grass is legal in Colorado now. It's going to take awhile for some of the citizens to adjust.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-05-2015).]

Bob2112

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bob2112Send a Private Message to Bob2112Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Except the location of the car is shown as Tennessee!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bob2112:

Except the location of the car is shown as Tennessee!

Someone's been into the moonshine then.
PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 04:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Just replaced front spare tire holder (truck fiberglass pan)"
Never seen one of those go bad, selling point there
LMFAO
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The guy that constructed this contraption certainly has an interesting perspective on style. I always knew that this hobby attracted some of the weird, but it doesn't get much more weird than this.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 12-05-2015).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whoever built the car obviously spent a good deal of time and money.

So it doesn't appeal to your taste.
Is that a good reason to laugh at someone else's dream?

I thought we were all about individuality, making our cars our own, doing our own thing.

Just another example of why this Forum is really going downhill.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I thought we were all about individuality, making our cars our own, doing our own thing.

Agreed.

Not my cup of tea either - BUT we've all seen more hideous 'custom' Fieros for sale.
Compared to some of them, this is not that bad. Good luck to him (not being sarcastic).

Some members cars are not our 'style' either but we don't gang up and bully them.
I'm sure some are appalled my Indy has not been kept "all original", but they accept it. That's civility.

The wording in his ad could be better though just as some people's spelling on the Forum could be better...

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierosound

15141 posts
Member since Nov 1999
From the title of the thread, I thought I'd be seeing something funny like this ad...

"Please come take this car out of my life. I want to start dating women again."

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 12-05-2015).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ot, but Where ever those photos were taken uses (or produces) some serious electricity.

slicknick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slicknickSend a Private Message to slicknickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish people got the concept that you can't shorten these cars any because they appear to grow so tall when you do it. Buy an AMC Pacer if that's what you're into.

Also, I would put GTO seats into every car I owned if I could. I can do a 15 hour trip comfortably in that car.

[This message has been edited by slicknick (edited 12-05-2015).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post12-05-2015 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'd take the front hood and the GT tail lights, but other than that this car is done for.

Its such a shame, cause this car has less than 100K on the odometer (at least that is what he claims.)

Remove the chrome, and install factory nose and rear bumper and it should be pretty much fine again, save for the sail panels, which look like they've been glassed in. Swapping a rear clip from another car could fix that too. Oh, and I see the interior has been spray painted.

Offer him $500 for it, because that's what it's worth.

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The owner certainly has a right to live in his Ferrari dream world and build his car as he chooses , but I believe that even Hulki Aldikacti himself, might hold the same opinion as myself.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just met Frankie two weeks ago.

I really don't know much about the car, but he bought the front tub, complete doors off my purple car, trunk popper and a radiator. He seemed very excited about his car and wanted parts to fix some of the things that were wrong from the PO. Sorry to see him spend the money if he is just getting rid of it. He did say that the rear trunk had been cut out and just had sheet metal there. Now I see what he means.

I wish any Fiero owner the best of luck in a sale.

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by slicknick:

Also, I would put GTO seats into every car I owned if I could. I can do a 15 hour trip comfortably in that car.

So much truth. I've driven cross country in my GTO and it was a pleasure. That car is a REAL "Grand Touring" car, not just a car with a GT badge (yes, that includes the Fiero GT).
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It isn't the car itself that is the big issue. It's the fact he felt the need to say it was a Ferrari kit car, even tho it obviously doesn't resemble any Ferrari. If he wanted to make it his own design, that is unfortunate but he has the right and I'll respect it if it looks nice. But the last thing my post should of represented, is how the forums are going 'downhill.' I have respect for every Fiero owner on these forums.

But the craigslist ad's are where the real damage takes place. People saying they have a 97 Fiero, and saying it has a 'rare' option is something that should be pointed out. BTW, his asking price was $9,500.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-05-2015 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Clean car in retrospect. Looks loved. I too am not a fanboy of the mods, but some of them are a tweak or two away from ok.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah! We need to be nicer.... Like we were a decade ago with the green F&F Fiero!

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-05-2015 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Yeah! We need to be nicer.... Like we were a decade ago with the green F&F Fiero!

Don't forget the tiger stripes too!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually, the owner (well really, the father of the owner - the kid was okay) brought a lot of that upon himself, in other areas.
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If he had just said "Fiero with unique body kit..." then most people would have let this go. Putting "Ferrari" into this just indicates he isn't thinking realistically. $9,500 is way overpriced (assuming the body style appeals to you....not my style that's for sure...) for a stock engine (even with a few "performance" mods) and a stock interior. I wish him luck in selling it, but think he'll have to bring his expectations down significantly.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I forgot about that car, oh the bad memories are coming back.

"How much rice would a rice burner burn if a rice burner could burn rice?"
"A rice burner would burn as much rice as a rice burner could burn if a rice burner could burn rice."
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2015 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always wondered what one would look like with a flat rear like a corvette...now I know. Woulda been better to move the tail lights back instead of the bumper forwards.

Kinda reminds me of some of the 70s ish funky small sports cars. Just not properly proportioned.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2015 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Kinda reminds me of some of the 70s ish funky small sports cars. Just not properly proportioned.

The shape of the back reminds me of the Cheetah from the early 60's, but that's as far as the resemblance goes. The Cheetah is beautiful. This other creation... not so much.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-06-2015).]

zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2015 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

The Cheetah is beautiful. This other creation... not so much.

This might be a little OT but that is a great post Patrick!

I never knew of the Cheetah, and after reading that article im very interested. That design seems to have aged pretty well, with all things considered. The doors alone make that car a B.A. machine.

[This message has been edited by zzzhuh (edited 12-06-2015).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2015 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I never knew of the Cheetah, and after reading that article im very interested. That design seems to have aged pretty well, with all things considered.

That's the (sole) advantage of getting older (born in '55)... I've seen things that many of the younger crowd would never even know existed. It's funny, but I probably haven't given the Cheetah a moment's thought for more than thirty years... but as soon as I saw the back of that modded Fiero, I was reminded of it.

jaymelk2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2015 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaymelk2Send a Private Message to jaymelk2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately it is this type of behavior that tends to keep me from posting anymore on the forum. Yea, I don't care much for the styling either but the guy obviously spent a good deal of time and money on the car so good luck to him.
A lot of the behavior on here has gotten childish over the last couple of years in regards to other peoples work. I personally can't stand ricers but you know what? It's their money so hey....whatever. To be fair...even though I don't care for them some do have some really nice work when you're not looking at the fart can or the 500 stickers.
I've always liked Cliffs' little dream here, I've been around since almost the start even though I didn't post things online...I don't know...maybe it's beacause I'm almost 45 and I'm probably an old fuddy duddy to alot of the newer members here. To my old friends....HEY....to the younger newer crowd....please show some respect for others feelings, we all have to live on this big ball we call earth.
Not to jump topic...but to any of the crowd that knows the story and what I've been up to...the Rat is alive and well and should be out and about by spring. Excuse me....I just saw a kid zoom by on his skateboard...I need to go shake my fist and tell him to slow down...LATER

------------------
87 GT....SBC...fast as hell...
Proud new owner of....THE DIRTY RAT

ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2015 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not the styling (which is not to my taste either but so what) or the amout of work that went into it, It's the bull crap description in the ad which I think most find laughable because we know different.
Of course the guy can describe it how he likes and if he sells it at that price or anything close then that's between him and the buyer. I think though that it's a safe bet the buyer will not be a member here, at least not at that price!

There's a LOW miles 88 on CL here for $60k (which is down from the original $80k he was asking). You know it's a joke, I know it's a joke but at some point, someone may bite. I can still laugh at the ridiculousness of it though.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-06-2015 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you do not want to be judged, stay in a bubble. Feelings get hurt. They get hurt all the time. Feelings are the new physical harm.

jaymelk2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2015 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaymelk2Send a Private Message to jaymelk2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even though I said feelings that wasn't the meaning I had in mind....it was more if someone spends alot of time and money on something and put their heart in it....don't rip them and tell them what a piece of sh*t it flis....as granny used to say....if you can't say something nice......

------------------
87 GT....SBC...fast as hell...
Proud new owner of....THE DIRTY RAT

zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2015 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaymelk2:

Even though I said feelings that wasn't the meaning I had in mind....it was more if someone spends alot of time and money on something and put their heart in it....don't rip them and tell them what a piece of sh*t it flis....as granny used to say....if you can't say something nice......

Maybe I should mention that when I txted the guy, I didn't just bash him. I wished him luck on his sell, because if he can get around that price range, the market of the Fiero rises. And in turn, that benefits all of us.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-06-2015 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe I should mention that when I txted the guy, I didn't just bash him. I wished him luck on his sell, because if he can get around that price range, the market of the Fiero rises. And in turn, that benefits all of us.

No. That's not how markets work. One person asking way too much for their car doesn't change the general value of all cars of the same model. It just means some fool paid too much, either because they have no idea what they are actually buying and didn't do any research at all, or because they know what they're buying, and feel it's worth paying that much to them. But that doesn't make every other Fiero suddenly double or triple what most people are asking for their cars.

Likewise, just because kidneys go for millions of dollars on the black market, doesn't mean the doctors will make you a millionaire when you donate one of yours to save your best friend's life. More likely, you'll just get a huge bill for the procedure of taking yours out.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock