Its getting there.... by 87RedRum
Started on: 12-04-2015 12:46 AM
Replies: 14 (389 views)
Last post by: 87RedRum on 12-14-2015 05:54 PM
87RedRum

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87RedRumSend a Private Message to 87RedRumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I've put a lot of work into this Fiero since I got it about 1.5 yrs ago. Previously I have owned an 84 SE that I did a LOT of work to about 10-12yrs ago and sold it....been out of the Fiero scene since, until 2yrs ago, when my job ended and I got a NICE severance package...I ALWAYS wanted a GT Fastback, so I bought one. I recently have done quite a few things to this Fiero, bought it from the 2nd owner with under 120K on it, very clean for the year and miles! 87 GT Fastback. New starter, many sensors, fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, ICM, MSD Coil, all LED interior lights and instrument lights, HID headlights with composite Projector headlights, all LED exterior lighting, new ignition, new door key locks, side trim clips, EGR valves, dash mat, CD single din stereo, all new speakers, new shift knob, New steering column, new steering wheel, VHT tinted taillights, rear hatch strut, new door pins, headliner, and Le Bra front end cover (to keep the front end new and free of paint chips from rocks and highway driving) along with a few other misc. parts that were missing or worn like the door lock buttons, the window switch trim plate etc...I just re-did the full front suspenstion with new Energy Suspension bushings, KYB shocks, Eibach Springs, Inner & outer wheel bearings, Drilled-Slotted Rotors, and ceramic pads. Finishing up the rear suspension this week with new KYB Struts, Eibach Springs, new strut mounts, bellows, bump stops, spring mounts, drilled-slotted rotors, ceramic pads, & energy suspension bushings. To finish the look, I put on some new RED 17x7.5 wheels, with 225/45-17 tires. I went a little different on the wheel color, but I love the end result. Here are a few pics after I finished the front suspension, and when the rear was still all stock. Let me know what yall think?

Here is what it looked like when I bought it!

[This message has been edited by 87RedRum (edited 12-04-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very Nice....
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice!

Did you repaint the whole car or just the lowers? Its got a hell of a shine.

I'm also partial to stock wheels because so many aftermarket wheels just look cheezy, but I'm digging the red wheels on your car.
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car Red. I also like the wheels. Where did you get your springs and struts from and are they the 1inch lowering springs?
87RedRum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87RedRumSend a Private Message to 87RedRumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

Nice!

Did you repaint the whole car or just the lowers? Its got a hell of a shine.

I'm also partial to stock wheels because so many aftermarket wheels just look cheezy, but I'm digging the red wheels on your car.

Thanks! The previous owner had the car repainted, I waxed it and just painted the lower ground effects with a good can of black spray paint, until I get it all done.
87RedRum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87RedRumSend a Private Message to 87RedRumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

87RedRum

58 posts
Member since Sep 2015

Originally posted by davylong86:

Nice car Red. I also like the wheels. Where did you get your springs and struts from and are they the 1inch lowering springs?

Thanks!

I got both the Eibach Pro-Line Springs, and KYB shocks and Struts from a company on Ebay. Bought the springs as a set, and the shocks & struts together as another set. And yes, the Eibach are 1" springs...what really helped with it looking lower also, is the beefier 225/45 tires, they filled in even more of the wheel gap after the springs.
87RedRum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87RedRumSend a Private Message to 87RedRumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

87RedRum

58 posts
Member since Sep 2015
So I have the new rear suspension complete, and I removed the brakes and rotors, and noticed the passenger caliper was leaking brake fluid...there is this small rubber plug that goes into the center of the piston, and it had ripped off. The only way to get this part is to order a rear caliper rebuild kit, so I did that, and it should be in tomorrow to complete the job.

Maybe yall can help, the ONLY problem I'm having is getting the rear e-brake cable loose to push back the pistons...can someone help me with that ??? I don't really care if the e-brake works since its an automatic, but for originality and functionality, I would like to keep it working...where and how do I release the pressure from the e-brake to the caliper, so I can install new pads and fit them around the new rotors???? ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated, and pics would be great too, thanks!

[This message has been edited by 87RedRum (edited 12-04-2015).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2015 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just used a screwdriver to get the spring off, then it was pretty simple to disconnect the cable for the brake, when I had to rebuild a caliper on my car.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

Very Nice....

Yes very nice! I like the style of the wheels.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 12-04-2015).]

87RedRum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87RedRumSend a Private Message to 87RedRumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

I just used a screwdriver to get the spring off, then it was pretty simple to disconnect the cable for the brake, when I had to rebuild a caliper on my car.

Yeah I popped them off with a screwdriver, and pushed back the pistons, they were a pain to get back on, I used zip ties to compress them until I could get the ebrake cable through and the spring back in place, then cut the zip tie lol!
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your paint is too nice to have a bra on it.

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87RedRum:

Yeah I popped them off with a screwdriver, and pushed back the pistons, they were a pain to get back on, I used zip ties to compress them until I could get the ebrake cable through and the spring back in place, then cut the zip tie lol!

Very inexpensive. Makes life a whole lot easier.

87RedRum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2015 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87RedRumSend a Private Message to 87RedRumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by busa_powered:

Your paint is too nice to have a bra on it.

When I drive it to work & back its about 60 miles a day on the highway, so I don't want to chip the paint or the front bumper
87RedRum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2015 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87RedRumSend a Private Message to 87RedRumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

87RedRum

58 posts
Member since Sep 2015

Originally posted by Patrick:

Very inexpensive. Makes life a whole lot easier.

WOW wish I would have seen this MUCH earlier....#gamechanger lol
87RedRum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2015 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87RedRumSend a Private Message to 87RedRumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

87RedRum

58 posts
Member since Sep 2015
Just upgraded the front amber parking/turn signal lights with some COB LED fog-light/turn signal Switchbacks...love the way they came out, and a very easy and inexpensive mod to update and improve your lighting. Click on the link below for my video:

Fiero COB LED Switchbacks

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock