Door glass adjustment by Napoleon_Tanerite
Started on: 12-03-2015 01:02 PM
Replies: 4 (144 views)
Last post by: Napoleon_Tanerite on 12-03-2015 02:08 PM
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My driver side window is going up too far in the rear and overshooting a proper seal on the weatherstrip. I found the guide on TFS's page and it seems pretty straightforward. Is there anything I should know about before going after this?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:

My driver side window is going up too far in the rear and overshooting a proper seal on the weatherstrip. I found the guide on TFS's page and it seems pretty straightforward. Is there anything I should know about before going after this?

IF everything else is correct (door aligned, no rattles, etc), then you just need to adjust the upper stop. Does the window seal properly if you lower it just slightly? The window also arcs in at the top. Is the window loose when raised?
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the door seals properly if I lower the window a bit, and if I raise it while the door is closed.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if you push the window in as it is going up, does it seal properly? This is the "arc", I mentioned. If the glass is too high, even with this, then, you can lower the upper stop to lower the glass. When putting on new weatherstripping (new/used) sometimes the glass has to be adjusted. Same is true for hinge work and if door was replaced.

Oh, it is best to not try adjusting the window on car's battery power alone, over multiple tries. The window end up not going up as far and when you start the car and run the window, it may go higher.

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 12-03-2015).]

Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently rebuilt the hinges and adjusted the door after an alignment issue predating my ownership of the car; however, the window never sealed properly since I bought the car and I'm trying to fix that.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock