Started on: 11-28-2015 01:08 PM
Replies: 15 (425 views)
Last post by: tshark on 12-06-2015 09:59 AM
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2015 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-07-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-28-2015 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How did that happen?
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-28-2015 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM me with pics. I may be able to help.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2015 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2015 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You and me both are hoping Slammed gets her lenses done soon!
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2015 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2015 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bummer! Hope your package was covered. Yeah, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Slammed’s potential product.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vice (edited 11-29-2015).]

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Posts like this make me nervous. I have a new set of Fiero Store tail light lenses that one day I think I should sell because the eBay price seems to hang solid between $800-$1000, but then I see people with broken lights...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As Tony has said it is possible to fix a broken tail light lens, provided it is not broken in the clear area that lets the light shine through. What is usually done in a restoration of the lens is to first use plastic epoxy to bond cracks, then plastic body filler is applied and sanded level and smooth. Then the clear lens areas are buffed compound polished and the remainder of the body primed and painted black. Its a tedious labor intensive process that requires precision repair work and painting.. If Tony has experience doing them I would just let him do the restoration. For a successful job you must use all the right adhesives, filler and paint and work precisely, so the job is best left to someone who has done them before

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 12-03-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-03-2015 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the compliments.

Shipping is scary. I am working on a how to thread pertaining to Fiero tail lights. I want many of you to be able to do this yourself. Like mentioned, this is tedious. Frightening even. The steps to completion are laid out. It is the processes that need to be done correctly as to NOT destroy our unobtainium. I am offering a service, but with understanding that this is really not easy. I enjoy it, but it takes a few more hours than many think. So worth it though.
PFF
System Bot
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2015 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2015 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post12-06-2015 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I'm wondering about something to cover the tail lights when the car is parked. Some sort of foam that would absorb light impact, and distribute the pressure.

I presume you mean long term parked, under a car cover or such. I would just take them out and put them in the trunk.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2015 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock