Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  P.I.P

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version


next newest topic | next oldest topic
P.I.P by zzzhuh
Started on: 11-25-2015 02:22 PM
Replies: 13 (242 views)
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 12-05-2015 06:04 AM
zzzhuh
Member
Posts: 826
From: Colorado
Registered: Jan 2014


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't seem to be able to upload photos. I have used PIP for over a year and haven't had any issues, but today it is saying "unable to find server!"

I have to resize my pictures because they are too big (even on my phones smallest image settings.)

But I don't think that is the culprit. I still have other photos I have uploaded under "history" and they seem to work fine:



But for some reason, it won't let me upload new pictures. Anyone else experiencing this?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick
Member
Posts: 31226
From: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Registered: Apr 99


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 446
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickClick Here to Email PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Have you checked out other current threads on this page?

Have a look HERE. My problem with PIP now appears to be solved.
IP: Logged
JohnWPB
Member
Posts: 5156
From: West Palm Beach, Florida
Registered: May 2009


Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the 8 years that I have been here, there are on average 1 to 2 PIP threads a month (This is actually the 3rd one this month...) 99% of them end in, "it has to be something on your end".

Somehow it has always been "on my end" even though over the past 8 years, I have had 2 different ISP's one DSL and one cable, 3 different desktop computers, 2 different laptops, and 3 different operating systems. (XP, Win 7, Win 8.1 and now Windows 10).

Some comfort at least is that it is not just all of my computers that are bad, as many other people appear to have bad computers as well with the number of posts about PIP

IP: Logged
tebailey
Member
Posts: 2617
From: Bay City MI
Registered: Jan 2013


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileyClick Here to Email tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had 5 different computers and never got pip to work.
IP: Logged
zzzhuh
Member
Posts: 826
From: Colorado
Registered: Jan 2014


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Patrick:


Have you checked out other current threads on this page?

Have a look HERE. My problem with PIP now appears to be solved.



Im currently using windows vista if your suggesting the operating system to be the culprit.

I have gotten it to work again. Must have just been the server being temporarily down. I do wish that PIP was updated tho, to be more reliable.

Also, having the pictures automatically adjusted to work with the site would be a HUGE enjoyment, instead of having to manually re-adjust.

Sorry about the question that shows up so often JohnWPB. I tried looking up things about it, but couldn't seem to find an answer to this issue other than people suggesting other websites to upload from. I enjoy PIP when it works, but getting an update on PIP would be huge for the forums.
IP: Logged
Patrick
Member
Posts: 31226
From: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Registered: Apr 99


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 446
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickClick Here to Email PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by zzzhuh:

Im currently using windows vista if your suggesting the operating system to be the culprit.

I have gotten it to work again. Must have just been the server being temporarily down.


I can only assume you didn't read anything I posted in that thread at all.
IP: Logged
Neils88
Member
Posts: 3995
From: Jeddore,Nova Scotia
Registered: Aug 2013


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Click Here to Email Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been using PIP with Windows 7 for a number of years. Just switched to Windows 10 (which I hate) and no issues with PIP. I didn't even need to reinstall it after the OS upgrade (downgrade...did I mention that I hate Windows 10?). I resize all jpgs using MS Paint to 800x600. The only time PIP didn't work for me was one time when it was down for everyone on PFF.
IP: Logged
no2pencil
Member
Posts: 1504
From: Baltimore, MD
Registered: Oct 2009


Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2015 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilClick Here to Email no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by zzzhuh:
but today it is saying "unable to find server!"


That should be easy enough to troubleshoot. What is the server? Can you resolve it to an ip address? What happens when you plug it into a browser? If it does resolve to an ip, traceroute should show you where the communication drop is.
IP: Logged
maryjane
Member
Posts: 67010
From: Cleveland Texas
Registered: Apr 2001


Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 443
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2015 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm kind of old, and have not kept up with the newest technology, but am using win 7.
P.I.P. is probably the most reliable, trouble free, easy to install and use application I've ever downloaded.
Perfect? No.
But beats the heck out of PB and imageshack.
posted by pip:

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-26-2015).]

IP: Logged
tshark
Member
Posts: 4374
From:
Registered: Feb 2014


Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2015 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What isn't to like about windows 10? It safeguards your privacy, is 100% backwards compatible, is a prime example of OS stability, is user-friendly, intuitive, and puts the end user first. In Windows 10, java apps always work easily. Windows 10's Edge browser was built with compatiblity and functionality first and foremost. Windows 10's wireless display capabilities are never compromised by and windows updates. Windows 10 is 100% compatible with Office 2016. Windows 10 is a bastion of security. Windows 10 is the fastest version of Windows yet. Windows 10 is not bloatware, and runs efficiently with minimal hardware specs. Windows 10 always allows users to choose which software they use for whast, never removing installed software or installing Microsoft's software. In all regards, Windows 10 is fully customizable only by the end user. The Windows 10 upgrade process never causes any problems. Windows 10 updates never cause compatibility/functionality issues with DVD drives, AMD video cards, or printers. Windows 10 works flawlessly with GPOs & mapped drives. Any admin account can control Windows functionality, privacy, and features on the local computer, without having to log in to some web site. Likewise, any admin account can install any app from the store. All Microsoft applications are available in the store. Microsoft does not in any way try to force you to use Edge over IE, Bing, OneDrive, or any other Microsoft product/service. Windows 10 has no memory leaks. Windows 10 was fully tested prior to release. The Windows 10 ISO downloads include all the latest updates, which Windows 10 won't need, anyway. Windows 10 includes and builds upon the functionality and included products of all previous versions of Windows, including media player and solitaire. All the bugs from prior versions of Windows have been fully fixed. Everyone who moves to Windows 10 loves it. Once on Windows 10, no one ever tries to go back. The Windows 10 downgrade returns your prior version of Windows flawlessly. Windows 10 has a consistent GUI that extends across all product lines. None of the GUI is held over from prior versions of Windows. All in all, Microsoft should be proud of this exemplary product.

PIP is similarly trouble-free. There are no threads detailing problems with its usage. PIP is the easiest and best way to upload images. PIP is compatible with all platforms.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 11-26-2015).]

IP: Logged
Patrick
Member
Posts: 31226
From: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Registered: Apr 99


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 446
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2015 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickClick Here to Email PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by tshark:

What isn't to like about windows 10?... All in all, Microsoft should be proud of this exemplary product.


What does Windows 10 have to do with the issue that the OP believed he had?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB
Member
Posts: 5156
From: West Palm Beach, Florida
Registered: May 2009


Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2015 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by tshark:
PIP is similarly trouble-free. There are no threads detailing problems with its usage. PIP is the easiest and best way to upload images. .


I normally agree with everything you post, and I also agree with your windows 10 statements, but PIP being "trouble-free".... Not so much!

I am a computer tech, IT department head and have had NOTHING but problems with PIP over the past 8 years. Do a simple Google search for "PIP" and you will find literally hundreds of threads, and thousands of posts over the years with nothing but frustrated users.....

The problem with PIP is it works, or it just does not. It worked for the most part when I started my build thread, and used it for every photo. It suddenly stopped working, and 3 OS's, 3 different computers, and 2 different Internet providers later, I still can not get it to work.

Do not take my word for it, just have a LOOK HERE

 
quote
Originally posted by tshark:
PIP is compatible with all platforms


Not so sure where you got this info from, as it could not be further from the unfortunate truth. PIP works ONLY with Windows, and then only "most / some of the time"

It does NOT work with:
  • Apple OS
  • Apple IOS
  • Linux
  • Unix
  • Android

This rules out about 95% of the tablet market, the only exception being a FULL windows tablet, (Windows, CE and RT Do not count)
This also rules out 100% of smart phones.

I have not idea why you thought it works with all platforms.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-04-2015).]

IP: Logged
Lunatic
Member
Posts: 311
From: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Registered: Sep 2013


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 05:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LunaticClick Here to Email LunaticSend a Private Message to LunaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by JohnWPB:


It does NOT work with:
  • Apple OS
  • Apple IOS
  • Linux
  • Unix
  • Android

This rules out about 95% of the tablet market, the only exception being a FULL windows tablet, (Windows, CE and RT Do not count)
This also rules out 100% of smart phones.

I have not idea why you thought it works with all platforms.




Hang on, I'm full on anti Microsoft everything as I'm an avid Linux user. One must first install Wine; then one can run executable files like the PIP.exe.
Also, I've been a PFF member since 2013 and I've not once had trouble with PIP.

[This message has been edited by Lunatic (edited 12-05-2015).]

IP: Logged
sardonyx247
Member
Posts: 5024
From: Nevada, USA
Registered: Jun 2003


Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2015 06:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageClick Here to Email sardonyx247Send a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by tshark:

What isn't to like about windows 10? It safeguards your privacy, is 100% backwards compatible, is a prime example of OS stability, is user-friendly, intuitive, and puts the end user first. In Windows 10, java apps always work easily. Windows 10's Edge browser was built with compatiblity and functionality first and foremost. Windows 10's wireless display capabilities are never compromised by and windows updates. Windows 10 is 100% compatible with Office 2016. Windows 10 is a bastion of security. Windows 10 is the fastest version of Windows yet. Windows 10 is not bloatware, and runs efficiently with minimal hardware specs. Windows 10 always allows users to choose which software they use for whast, never removing installed software or installing Microsoft's software. In all regards, Windows 10 is fully customizable only by the end user. The Windows 10 upgrade process never causes any problems. Windows 10 updates never cause compatibility/functionality issues with DVD drives, AMD video cards, or printers. Windows 10 works flawlessly with GPOs & mapped drives. Any admin account can control Windows functionality, privacy, and features on the local computer, without having to log in to some web site. Likewise, any admin account can install any app from the store. All Microsoft applications are available in the store. Microsoft does not in any way try to force you to use Edge over IE, Bing, OneDrive, or any other Microsoft product/service. Windows 10 has no memory leaks. Windows 10 was fully tested prior to release. The Windows 10 ISO downloads include all the latest updates, which Windows 10 won't need, anyway. Windows 10 includes and builds upon the functionality and included products of all previous versions of Windows, including media player and solitaire. All the bugs from prior versions of Windows have been fully fixed. Everyone who moves to Windows 10 loves it. Once on Windows 10, no one ever tries to go back. The Windows 10 downgrade returns your prior version of Windows flawlessly. Windows 10 has a consistent GUI that extends across all product lines. None of the GUI is held over from prior versions of Windows. All in all, Microsoft should be proud of this exemplary product.



ROTFLMFAO, I have never read anything so funny. Sounds like an ad.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay



Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock