Started on: 11-19-2015 02:52 PM
Replies: 72 (1584 views)
Last post by: tshark on 12-25-2015 07:19 AM
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-07-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything fastback specific. Tail lights, sail windows, trim, etc. Some are being reproduced, some may be in the future, and some not.
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2015 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I doubt you're going to have any luck finding some of this stuff as NOS any more. I think The Fiero Store probably ended up with most of what was left of NOS Fiero parts, and they've started running out of some of them.

Tires are not something you'd want to buy and just have sitting around for 6 years. They'll go bad just sitting there.
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Correct front shocks are difficult.

A pair of NOS GT+4 tires just sold on Evil Bay
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

Correct front shocks are difficult.

Are there issues with what's currently available? If so I have not noticed.

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Are there issues with what's currently available? If so I have not noticed.

Where are you finding them available?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have noticed fewer performance tire options in stock 15" sizes. Everyone wants 17, 18 or larger wheels.
I had no problem getting a replacement windshield a few years ago, but that could have changed since then. There's always the option of finding one in a junk yard. They can be removed in tact if you're careful.
prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

I'm looking for Fiero stuff that is hard to find. Not literature. Parts. I keep seeing products go out of production. Some are vendor issues, others lack of demand. Whatever the reason, what is hard to find? I want to stock up. I have an '88 GT.

Apparently, tires are getting to be a problem, and windshields also.

Perhaps NOS items, or things in limited supply. I saw something a while back that was while supplies last. I somehow didn't get it in my cart, and I can't find it back.

Plenty of aftermarket windshields available and while they are not the LOF or PPG they are still good enough quality and at $100 picked up thru our distributors in 15+ states not a problem.

I just posted regarding new door glass production US OEM type if any interest.

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My windshield isn't bad, but has Pontiac across the top. I guess it was covered with decals, but not anymore. So, I need to fix that. If there is a place that does a good job in this area, I may give them a try...in a few years when I have the paint chips fixed.

There is no way to fix that. It is sort of a form of sunburn/bleaching.

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 11-19-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
T top parts will be come even more of an issue if you want NOS parts.

The many parts on the market are used and many are not in prime condition. Gaskets are impossible to find and if you find a good set they can be more expensive than some cars people own here.

If you drop a top it is getting more expensive as the NOS parts are rare and if you find them the prices are going up. Many of the original tops are scratched and in poor condition. If and when they are gone you drop a top you are screwed. Best to use the death grip when you remove them.

I bought a pair of new just in case as I recon they will never be remade. The gaskets have a better chance than the tops.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hence the replacement idea. I'm not sure of what was originally there.

Extremely popular on all Pontiacs back then. My '87 Formula Firebird and my buddy's '89 Bonneville SSE had it. And yes, it was a factory "over the counter" accessory.

***Oops! I left out the picture.***

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 11-19-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where are you finding them available?

Rock Auto lists several part numbers for -84-87 and for '88, including KYB, Monroe and AC Delco. I got mine at Advance Auto however.

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holley side scoops,not the ones with Fiero on them.

I had a hard time finding one that when I did ,I made some Repo Holley emblems and swapped them onto the Fiero scoops.HERE

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mine had the outlines of the letters, apparently.

They had solid and outlined versions.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thunderstruck GT

2664 posts
Member since Oct 2015

Originally posted by css9450:

Rock Auto lists several part numbers for -84-87 and for '88, including KYB, Monroe and AC Delco. I got mine at Advance Auto however.

The only '88 front shocks I've seen from the box stores are too large in diameter and won't go through the lower control arm. Unless they now offer the correct units.
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The only '88 front shocks I've seen from the box stores are too large in diameter and won't go through the lower control arm. Unless they now offer the correct units.

got mine for my 88 at the local AutoZone...took 2 days but they got them to me..the OD was fine.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Extremely popular on all Pontiacs back then. My '87 Formula Firebird and my buddy's '89 Bonneville SSE had it. And yes, it was a factory "over the counter" accessory.

***Oops! I left out the picture.***

That is not a factory windshield, the stock ones have an amber tint.
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My windshield isn't bad, but has Pontiac across the top. I guess it was covered with decals, but not anymore. So, I need to fix that. If there is a place that does a good job in this area, I may give them a try...in a few years when I have the paint chips fixed.

The PONTIAC on the windshield was a decal and pretty popular back 20 years ago... or so. (not factory) I would think someone still makes them, but I haven't looked. They are just vinyl decals.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jaskispyder

21510 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Carpeting and floor mats. I believe Rodney is working on this, but NOS are hard to find
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a new windscreen from safelite a couple of months ago, no problem, around $250 I think.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

The PONTIAC on the windshield was a decal and pretty popular back 20 years ago... or so. (not factory) I would think someone still makes them, but I haven't looked. They are just vinyl decals.

Up until 5 or 6 years ago I had 3 NOS "PONTIAC" windshield decals. 2 were for Firebird and 1 was for Fiero. All came from a Pontiac dealer in a GM box that I picked up from the parts counter back in the early 90's.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Up until 5 or 6 years ago I had 3 NOS "PONTIAC" windshield decals. 2 were for Firebird and 1 was for Fiero. All came from a Pontiac dealer in a GM box that I picked up from the parts counter back in the early 90's.

http://www.fierosails.com/decal.html

"Pontiac" Windshield Decal - We have three styles available and each is $30 including shipping. Color is typically white but available in other colors upon request. All decals have curvature to match the top of the windshield. (See our "Bargains" section for discounted versions.)

Style 1 is a spot-on reproduction of an original Indy Fiero windshield decal courtesy of Tim Cebulla. Tim provided a "rubbing" of his original 1984 decal and we reproduced it pretty much exactly. As far as we can tell by comparison to original photos, this is the same decal that was on the actual '84 Pace Car. It is about 41" wide with 4.4" letters and Tim reports that it misses the sweep of the windshield wipers on his Indy IF shorter wipers are used. If standard length wipers are used, they do hit the decal. Hence Style 2 below.

Style 2 was made from a GM "New Old Stock" decal we borrowed from Ed Parks at The Fiero Factory. It is our understanding this version was sold by GM as a replacement for the Style 1. It is about 40" wide with 3" letters and will miss the sweep of the windshield wipers.

Style 3 uses the standard Pontiac trademark lettering. It is about 40" wide with 3.5" letters and it too will miss the sweep of the windshield wipers.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://www.fierosails.com/decal.html

"Pontiac" Windshield Decal - We have three styles available and each is $30 including shipping. Color is typically white but available in other colors upon request. All decals have curvature to match the top of the windshield. (See our "Bargains" section for discounted versions.)

Style 1 is a spot-on reproduction of an original Indy Fiero windshield decal courtesy of Tim Cebulla. Tim provided a "rubbing" of his original 1984 decal and we reproduced it pretty much exactly. As far as we can tell by comparison to original photos, this is the same decal that was on the actual '84 Pace Car. It is about 41" wide with 4.4" letters and Tim reports that it misses the sweep of the windshield wipers on his Indy IF shorter wipers are used. If standard length wipers are used, they do hit the decal. Hence Style 2 below.

Style 2 was made from a GM "New Old Stock" decal we borrowed from Ed Parks at The Fiero Factory. It is our understanding this version was sold by GM as a replacement for the Style 1. It is about 40" wide with 3" letters and will miss the sweep of the windshield wipers.

Style 3 uses the standard Pontiac trademark lettering. It is about 40" wide with 3.5" letters and it too will miss the sweep of the windshield wipers.

I guess I wasn't understanding what you were trying to say here...........

Thanks for the link. I always liked the look of them.

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 11-20-2015).]

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I guess I wasn't understanding what you were trying to say here...........

They were dealer add-ons and did not come from the factory with them. Basically, it was an accessory, available at your local dealership. NOS doesn't mean it came from the factory, attached to the car (in this case). There is no RPO code for this sticker (from what I remember). NOS (in this case), simply means it was authorized by GM and sold through dealerships.... not aftermarket (ie JC Whitney).

http://www.fierostuff.com/RPOcodes.html

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 11-20-2015).]

Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They were dealer add-ons and did not come from the factory with them. Basically, it was an accessory, available at your local dealership. NOS doesn't mean it came from the factory, attached to the car (in this case). There is no RPO code for this sticker (from what I remember). NOS (in this case), simply means it was authorized by GM and sold through dealerships.... not aftermarket (ie JC Whitney).

http://www.fierostuff.com/RPOcodes.html

No RPO code

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And yes, it was a factory "over the counter" accessory.

It was a GM accessory.... it was NOT INSTALLED AT THE FACTORY. That is what I am saying. You could not order it when ordering the car, unless the dealer ordered it and installed it (or gave it to you).

Floor mats for example were available from the factory (it was listed on the RPO). Sure, it was an accessory also, but it was something that the factory supplied with the car, during delivery.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rubber parts are fine if they are stored "properly" (in the dark - UV light is bad for rubber).

I have a NOS trunk gasket that I bought more then 10 years ago - pull it out last week and installed it and it was just fine.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

Rubber parts are fine if they are stored "properly" (in the dark - UV light is bad for rubber).

I have a NOS trunk gasket that I bought more then 10 years ago - pull it out last week and installed it and it was just fine.

Yes

I too have 2 NOS GT rear compartment gaskets that are still just as they were when placed in the box.

I also have some NOS Goodyear Speedway Redline tires as well as an original '64 GTO U.S. Royal Redline spare that are still perfect.

It all depends on how rubber is stored. The Goodyear Eagle GT+4's on my '88 are perfect whereas the 1900 mile GT+4's on my '87 Pilot car hold air but are shot.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Pontiac windshield header deals were from Motorsports Design.

Motorsports design was the company that has and still provides much of the decals and wraps used in most forms of racing including NASCAR.

I have an original on my car and I got it from a order form from Motorsports Design at the Pontiac Motorsports display at Mid Ohio a the IMSA race in 1985-88 I can not remember what year.

The order form had decals for the Firebird and even the NASCAR Grand Prix Pace Cars offered. Motorsport Design at the time was the supplier of decals to Pontiac Motorsports.

The deals were part of the Pace Car package and I am not sure if Motorsports Design were involved in 1984. The one I have was the very same used on the GTU and GTO Fiero race cars as they supplied the teams. They very well could have provided the 1984 factory cars too but I am not sure if they were involved.

Note they were offered in sold white and outlined letters in white.

Over the years many have reproduced these so it is easy to get a repo but generally they are the same 3M material and not really any different.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about aero front license plate brackets?

The decals for Indy pace cars are still relatively easy to find, but how about the fender emblems?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

The Pontiac windshield header deals were from Motorsports Design.

Motorsports design was the company that has and still provides much of the decals and wraps used in most forms of racing including NASCAR.

I have an original on my car and I got it from a order form from Motorsports Design at the Pontiac Motorsports display at Mid Ohio a the IMSA race in 1985-88 I can not remember what year.

The order form had decals for the Firebird and even the NASCAR Grand Prix Pace Cars offered. Motorsport Design at the time was the supplier of decals to Pontiac Motorsports.

The deals were part of the Pace Car package and I am not sure if Motorsports Design were involved in 1984. The one I have was the very same used on the GTU and GTO Fiero race cars as they supplied the teams. They very well could have provided the 1984 factory cars too but I am not sure if they were involved.

Note they were offered in sold white and outlined letters in white.

Over the years many have reproduced these so it is easy to get a repo but generally they are the same 3M material and not really any different.

One of my Indys had the windshield decals still in a big envelope behind the seat. Had a name on the envelope, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was.
The decal itself had mostly disintegrated from being back there so long and I surmise from the heat.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by prosource:

Plenty of aftermarket windshields available and while they are not the LOF or PPG they are still good enough quality and at $100 picked up thru our distributors in 15+ states not a problem.

I just posted regarding new door glass production US OEM type if any interest.

Just blew my funds on wheels but I will be in the market for door glass.
Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How about aero front license plate brackets?

The decals for Indy pace cars are still relatively easy to find, but how about the fender emblems?

I had read somewhere (Fierosails maybe?) that the emblem is more or less the same on some of the later model Pace cars, maybe the Grand Prixs? I'm not sure. From the same source however, one thing that is hard to find is the red pinstripe for going along the bottom of the Pace cars.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dylpro:

I had read somewhere (Fierosails maybe?) that the emblem is more or less the same on some of the later model Pace cars, maybe the Grand Prixs? I'm not sure. From the same source however, one thing that is hard to find is the red pinstripe for going along the bottom of the Pace cars.

There are some NOS pieces on Ebay right now.

What is impossible are the original white outlined Goodyear tires.

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock