Started on: 11-16-2015 02:28 PM
Replies: 12 (391 views)
Last post by: my-fiero on 11-25-2015 06:00 AM
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone run this number for me?

5NPE34AF3FH062611

Thanking you in advance.

[This message has been edited by LT188GT (edited 11-16-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone has much to do with carfax contact me looking to develop faxcar dot com

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 11-17-2015).]

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the carfax.
HotWheelsFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HotWheelsFieroSend a Private Message to HotWheelsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could I get one please for the 88 I just bought?

1G2PE1196JP224292

Thanks!
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

Thank you for the carfax.

I just found it with some googling, it was online from the dealer.

Scott2scott

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vehicle history reports are so inaccurate. I would not trust or base buying a car off one . Iv worked in dealership and around cars my whole life I see what's done to get cars sold. Plus not everything is record. Iv hit stuff with my truck and my friends and family also. I fixed fixed and painted cars. Or had friends to it at there shops. None of that's stuff been reported. All cars clean and accident free. Lol. I just got a Dodge Charger 5.7 hemi. And dealer was like low mile no accidents. Well. After owning it couple weeks. I open up back door. Something didn't look right. Started pulling up trim and rubber and bam. Car was repainted. And had. Tape lines and over spray. Guess. Car fax missed that one lol.

[This message has been edited by Scott2scott (edited 11-19-2015).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott2scott:

Vehicle history reports are so inaccurate.

Exactly. Asking for CarFax reports here used to be a much more common occurrence. Yes, I used to be one those people asking for one... until I saw with my own eyes that these reports are worth less than the paper they're printed on. Too much, including major stuff, is never reported and therefore never appears in these reports.
HotWheelsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HotWheelsFieroSend a Private Message to HotWheelsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just hoping to track how many owners there were, along with the mileage as it was sold. Stuff like that.
Scott2scott

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott2scottSend a Private Message to Scott2scottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Plus. It's in the best interest of. The car dealer world not to report all it will do is hurt the used car market for resales. A sale man. Can't sell a car. If it's say. Hit many times. Or. This or that. Soooo. Things get. "Overlooked" Can't sell repaired hit cars at premium prices . To many suckers put there trust in a paper. Saying It's all good . Don't believe everything you read.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott2scott:

Don't believe everything you read.

I became of suspicious of CarFax after I read a totally positive report on a particular Indy Fiero I had looked at... when I had already learned from the owner (an honest guy!) that he had acquired the Fiero after it had been written off by an insurance company and he had rebuilt it. Nothing was in the CarFax report about any accident.

Originally posted by HotWheelsFiero:

I was just hoping to track how many owners there were, along with the mileage as it was sold. Stuff like that.

Total waste of time (and/or money if you pay for it). I posted the following earlier this year in This thread. There's other useful information is in that thread as well.

Originally posted by Patrick:

My experience with Autocheck (and/or Carfax) when running a VIN is less than favorable. So much info is usually missing that it basically renders the report worthless.

My advice is to save your money. You may get other opinions from other members here.

The following is what Autocheck reported on an '88 Formula that I brought up from the States in 2013. What I've posted is what I got. I was hoping to at least get some relatively current odometer readings as the instrument pod was missing in the car. As you can see, the only odometer reading was from 1990. Useless!

VIN: 1G2PE1192JP221440
Year: 1988
Make: Pontiac
Model: Fiero Formula
Style/Body: Coupe 2D
Class: Sport Car - Touring
Engine: 2.8L V6 MPI
Country of Assembly: United States
Vehicle Age: 25 year(s)
Calculated Owners: 2
07/17/1990 SEYMOUR, TN
21,580 (Odometer reading)
Motor Vehicle Dept. ODOMETER READING FROM DMV
11/21/1996 OAK HARBOR, WA
Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
12/01/1997 OAK HARBOR, WA
01/16/2002 COUPEVILLE, WA
01/22/2003 COUPEVILLE, WA
01/14/2005 COUPEVILLE, WA
01/15/2009 OAK HARBOR, WA
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:9435510212)
REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
EXCLUDED/EXEMPT
12/29/2009 OAK HARBOR, WA

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-22-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
my-fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my-fieroSend a Private Message to my-fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anny information for a dutch Fiero

1G2PG1190HP202101
my-fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2015 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my-fieroSend a Private Message to my-fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock