Started on: 11-14-2015 01:46 AM
Replies: 372 (17112 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 04-15-2016 05:40 PM
Slammed

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The other thread got really far off track so I'm making a new one.

These are obviously not finished. The tooling was all sand cast and rough machined to shape. The castings came out with a million specs of porosity and they have not yet been sealed and finished, so the plastic has taken on that texture. We moved on to the milling of the clips and cutouts on the back. After the rubber dies didn't work for the lettering and shading, we had a bunch of vinyl stencils made. Please, understand the final sealing of the tooling is a very small part of this and these don't reflect the final product. Getting a smooth surface is not a worry of ours at all and will be corrected this week. As of right now, the fitment and shape is 100% accurate

These are made from 3/16 PETG with UV stabilizer. They are extremely impact resistant compared to the originals. Excuse the potato cell phone pics

I will be updating this thread as we progress. I will be working through the weekend to get the tooling straight and smooth. Depending on if the vinyl stencils are correct, I may have a complete tail light to post by Monday

[This message has been edited by Slammed (edited 11-14-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome, keep up the progress.
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
know it soon,but any round a-bout price point yet.....not meaning to hold you to it, we know price could go back and fourth if any unforeseen complications arise..just a "like to get"price.

again not holding you to the price.

[This message has been edited by fireboss (edited 11-14-2015).]

Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$500 is where we are at right now
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$500 for a pair? That'd be good.

Just a thought. I may be getting too far ahead, but here goes. Some people have custom lettering--on no lettering. Some people have custom lighting. It was sortof asked previously, but could you accomodate these things?
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yep what he said....We also appreciate an option to buy just clear lenses no inserts just plain old lens

[This message has been edited by fireboss (edited 11-14-2015).]

davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is great news! Thanks for your hard work and patience on what was considered mission impossible. Im in for a set, Thanks Slammed. There was another thread on this? What did I miss?

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 11-14-2015).]

jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

$500 for a pair? That'd be good.

Just a thought. I may be getting too far ahead, but here goes. Some people have custom lettering--on no lettering. Some people have custom lighting. It was sortof asked previously, but could you accomodate these things?

If they are painted, it should be a problem for them to ship them unpainted so you could do any sort of lettering or logo you wanted yourself.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

yep what he said....We also appreciate an option to buy just clear lenses no inserts just plain old lens

I would be interested in this, as well.

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent ... hope all goes smooth in the production .... and good luck with the sales ... this is a very desired product !!! Congrats again
regards
Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-14-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, that is $500 for the set. We will sell them blank as well and are considering the option of custom lettering/tinting
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just checking in here, so that the forum will send me the automated emails whenever this thread is updated with a new post.

I don't know of any other way to get that, without inserting a post of my own.

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work thus far. The clear option is a nice one, as the buyer can then do any style whatsoever that they want to do with them.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, also thanks for all the work. I too would be up for a clear option.

Rob
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So is this one solid piece? Are you going to be applying the black to the inside or the outside of the lens? On the OE lens it looks like the clear part is just the outer shell, and the majority of the internal structure is made up of a piece of black plastic that also has the cutouts for the lettering.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One solid piece with the tint on the inside painted on.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2015 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stoked to see progress, they're looking pretty good already. Nice work Slammed!
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
gen2muchwork

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

looking forward to the progression of these.
thanks for undertaking the project.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tll the crew congrats. Keep pressing forward!
busa_powered

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for busa_poweredSend a Private Message to busa_poweredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would take mine oem style, always liked that look

Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definitely interested. I hope your price projection remains stable!
If you guys are willing to do custom 'stencil'/paint work, I definitely will be paying for that option!

Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The price isn't going to go up.

I've finished smoothing and polishing the tooling so the next pics I throw up should be a huge improvement. Unfortunately, the stencils aren't exact. I'm going to modify one to get a good example lense made and we have new stencils on order locally.
Fiero Vice

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2015 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thrilled! Keep pressing forward & make it happen. It's long overdue.
ULTRA-kV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ULTRA-kV6Send a Private Message to ULTRA-kV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Slammed....what kinda name is that, anyway? So....congrats on the tail lights. I watched from the beginning. i've been needing some covers for 4 years now, so you've got my attention. You made Fiero history, girl!
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ULTRA-kV6:

Slammed....what kinda name is that, anyway? So....congrats on the tail lights. I watched from the beginning. i've been needing some covers for 4 years now, so you've got my attention. You made Fiero history, girl!

Slammed did give her name on the other post. It is Micayla, which IMO is a pretty name. if she is successful on the production of these lens and delivers, the forum will have a new valued supplier. There are bound to be hundreds of Fieros that could use these so I have joined the ranks of the supporters .

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ULTRA-kV6:

Slammed....what kinda name is that, anyway?

Back in the latter 80's and 90's one used the term "Slammed" to describe a lowered truck or car. Usually something like "Did you see that slammed mini-truck?". Something like I used to have where when you let the air out of the shocks you could knock the dummy dots off the roads. Dummy dots are what they called the reflectors or lane markers that they glue to the roads in California and other places that are about 3/4" thick. When I let the air out of my shocks on my mini-truck at the time, the third member was 1/2" off the ground and it would hit the dots and break the hold of the epoxy they used to glue them to the roads. First time I did it it scared the utter living s*** out of me... So that's what I think of when I see her name, a lowered or excessively lowered vehicle. I don't know if I'm right or not or if that term has changed? I know dubbed or stanced is common for really low vehicles now but slammed might still be in use?

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 11-18-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Um, still a her.

Memories of Dr. Quinn...
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I build mini trucks as a hobby. That's where the name came from
PFF
System Bot
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Um, still a her.

I apologize. I did not know that until after I had already posted. It's corrected now. Now whether I remember in the future or not we will see. My mind is still pretty sharp but not as sharp as it once was. Aside from that I blame my schooling. Back when I went to school we were taught that when writing of a person of unknown to you sex you use the male forms for description. Back then it was called "The gender rule".

In English, the problem of gender determination does not arise in the plural, because gender in that language is reflected only in pronouns, and the plural pronoun they does not have gendered forms. In the singular, however, the issue frequently arises when a person of unspecified or unknown gender is being referred to. In this case it has been traditional to use the masculine (he), but other solutions are now often preferred.

I don't know what these other solutions are, should I have written "he/she" or "it"?

Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Khw

11139 posts
Member since Jun 2008

Originally posted by Slammed:

I build mini trucks as a hobby. That's where the name came from

Very awesome! I'd love to see some pics of ones you've been involved with. It's been many years since I sold mine. It was a 84 Nissan Kingcab. I pulled a leaf in the back and put in 3" lowering blocks. Box notched the rear frame rails along with adding air shocks all around. I took it to California Customs and had them do the front end. I pulled the fold-able rear seats out and built a speaker box in it's place that had two 10's and two 12's in it along with custom door panels to allow me to mount separates in the doors. A couple of Orion amps for the subs and a Soundstream for the doors. Started with a cassette player because CD's weren't around yet but I also had a 12 band EQ and a Coustic XM-3. Eventually I upgraded to a CD player. I worked at a machine shop for awhile when I had it so I rolled and broke a roll pan with frenched in rear plate. I also welded up the rear bed seams and tie down holes when I removed them with my dads help. Somewhere in there I added a tonneau cover, added a air tank between the rear frame rails in place of the rear tires holder, added electric solenoid valves for the air shocks and swapped out the seats along with a few other things on the interior. Back then it was a lot but compared to now probably not. I just wish I still had pictures of it I could scan but when my ex wife and I split up all the pictures I had got "lost" before I could get them. Still, at some point I'd like to get a Bullet Side Datsun Kingcab, older Dodge D50 or maybe a 70's Chevy Luv and start over.
Tuna Helper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

This is great news! Thanks for your hard work and patience on what was considered mission impossible. Im in for a set, Thanks Slammed. There was another thread on this? What did I miss?

A lot of drama when Slammed declined to show in-progress pics.

Personally I'm glad to see this come to life.
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update! Stencils are in and they are perfect

I have a heavy work load tomorrow but should have some pictures to post this weekend

I'm not going to make a thread on sail windows just yet, but the molds for those are cast and ready to be machined. They should follow closely after
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

HAGO!
B3mith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2015 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for B3mithSend a Private Message to B3mithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slammed:
I'm not going to make a thread on sail windows just yet

Hahahah! That decision was probably a no brainer! LOL!

Can't wait to see them when you do get them going. Right now the best Quarter windows we have are from Chris Cook, and the quality and size varies greatly. That and the fact that they are pretty much flat
Slammed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlammedSend a Private Message to SlammedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got tickets to the Seahawks game tomorrow so I won't be going in to the shop so pictures will have to wait until Monday. Sorry for the delay

After speaking with a few people about the tint and dot matrix on the windows, I think we've got it all figured out. I am a little confused why no vendor has an accurately shaped window.

[This message has been edited by Slammed (edited 11-22-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2015 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes the approach needs work. Have you ever seen someone try the same thing over, and over, and over...and fail every time? Gotta admire their tenacity, if not the insanity of it. A few tweaks to the approach, and viola!

Chris' windows may have been considered ”good enough”.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock