What should I do with my Fiero? by Xexyz
Started on: 11-01-2015 01:19 AM
Replies: 2 (178 views)
Last post by: dobey on 11-01-2015 09:24 AM
Xexyz

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2015 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XexyzSend a Private Message to XexyzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 85 GT that, due to purchasing another vehicle, I won't have room to garage anymore. I've had it for 20 years and it's truthfully always been somewhat of a project car - mostly due to the fact that the guy I bought it from beat the hell out of it - and I've just never devoted the time and money to fix/restore it right. I don't know if I should sell it as is, do a few minor repairs, or part it out. I'd really feel bad parting it out since it does run - I had the engine rebuilt less than 2000 miles ago - but it's just got a bunch of issues:

-Doesn't always shift smoothly into 1st & 2nd gear (This is a new issue that appeared after I had the engine rebuilt. I think an adjustment in the shift linkages might fix this.)
-Likes to die when idling after the engine's warmed up. I'm hoping replacing the idle air control valve will fix this.
-Passenger side headlight will go down but not up.
-Rear driver side wheel bearings need replacing.
-Rear passenger side brake needs replacement/adjustment (it's a new brake pad, but it makes a scraping sound)
-Parking brake broken
-Bunch of cosmetic issues (driver side quarter panel glass cracked, passenger side quarter panel missing Pontiac emblem, driver's seat upholstery ripped)
-A/C nonfunctional
-Cruise control nonfunctional
-Pretty sure the temperature gauge is broken

I've driven it probably around 2000 miles over the past 15 years, as it's spent most of the time stored in either my garage or my Dad's garage. Ideally I'd like to find a good home for it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2015 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xexyz:
Ideally I'd like to find a good home for it.

There's your answer. And I would have recommended it if you hadn't.

Sell it to an enthusiast, not some kid who'll just finish killing it.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2015 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fix the critical issues that would make it fail a safety inspection (bearings, brakes, parking brake, idle problem, shift linkage), wind the headlights up by hand and unplug the motors, and find a good home for it.

It might take a long while to find a decent buyer for it though. It took me almost a year to sell my 85 GT when I decided to sell it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock