What other spoilers? by NightMare Cruiser
Started on: 10-31-2015 08:49 PM
Replies: 19 (756 views)
Last post by: Rugger on 11-10-2015 12:40 AM
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2015 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What other spoilers fit the Fiero Width and stand locations. I have a spare trunk lid and looking to add a spoiler, but don't want to use the factory one. Kinda like the Grand prix / grand am type. Don't want something too small or too long. Notchback lid
------------------
It's a CAR, now drive it!!
http://s1277.beta.photobuck...50016365924013387734

After all the work, It's time to drive it!!

[This message has been edited by NightMare Cruiser (edited 10-31-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2015 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So you're looking for one that bolts on using the factory holes? I assume you're talking about the fastback GT type spoiler with the associated four holes?
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-31-2015 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think any others match up with the factory Fiero wing stand holes.

Here's an ~07 GP spoiler on a Fiero: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...L/000115-9.html#p336

NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2015 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:

So you're looking for one that bolts on using the factory holes? I assume you're talking about the fastback GT type spoiler with the associated four holes?

Yes 4 holes. It's going on a notchback. I know / I doubt any others have the same spacing as the Fiero. But with asking.

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-31-2015 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:

There was only the one factory spoiler/wing used on the Fieros, fastback or notchie.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2015 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

There was only the one factory spoiler/wing used on the Fieros, fastback or notchie.

I recall that something's different... is it the stands?
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2015 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

One pair of wing stand studs was moved. Other than that, everything is identical.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2015 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While not what you asked for, the Dodge Shadow spoiler might cover the stock mounting. You'd have to drill new holes to mount it but I don't know if you'd have to fill the old ones. I'd apply silicone over them from the bottom just to make sure you don't get leakage through them if the spoiler covers them. It flows pretty well with the notchies lines and fits pretty good to. I liked it and used it on my old Fiero.

Some of the pics from when I installed it before paint. Mine had the luggage rack so I had to fill several holes.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 11-01-2015).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2015 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

The holes on the notchie lid are in a slightly different position front-rear, I think, but the wing/stands is the exact same part on both. The aftermarket taller/shorter/stealth wing stands work the same on both fastback and notchie.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2015 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This rear spoiler came off another GM car from the mid 80's. I don't remember which car... but I think it is from a mid 80's firebird. It is shorter and thinner than the stock Fiero spoiler.

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2015 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too have the Dodge Shadow/Plymouth Sundance rear spoiler on my 85 GT. A great alternative "wraparound" spoiler. And you can get them locally at PNP's for around $30 bucks. You will have left over wing stand holes but you could fill the holes or be lazy like me and put in beauty plugs.
Kit

[This message has been edited by Kitskaboodle (edited 11-01-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2015 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like a lot of guys have said-- there are little to no options out there that use the OE holes, unless you're talking about one of those hideous shopping cart fast and furious spoilers that have adjustable brackets. I think your better bet is going to be to find the style you want and do the body work to mount it, meaning filling the holes. That's not hard, and you can get plugs for them if you don't want to go all out and fill them in.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2015 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen new spoilers that require no drilling. Clip around the trunk lid.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2015 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

The holes on the notchie lid are in a slightly different position front-rear, I think, but the wing/stands is the exact same part on both.

Somewhat true... 86-88, the stands for fastbacks and notchbacks were the same. There were three holes in the bottom, two were used at one time and the position of the rear stud was changed depending upon the model. 84-85.... the stands were only for notchbacks as there are only 2 mounting holes on bottom and they will not properly line up with a fastback decklid.

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-06-2015 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:
Somewhat true... 86-88, the stands for fastbacks and notchbacks were the same. There were three holes in the bottom, two were used at one time and the position of the rear stud was changed depending upon the model. 84-85.... the stands were only for notchbacks as there are only 2 mounting holes on bottom and they will not properly line up with a fastback decklid.

Ah right. Thanks for the clarification.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2015 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a wing from a first gen Ford probe on my 85 notchie. Pretty similar to the stock wing, but it sat lower on the trunk and not quite as wide, front to back, but perfect width left to right. I dont know if mounting holes match, because i didnt have a wing to start with, but I would assume they don't match.

Jim
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2015 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used a 93 mustang spoiler. I found where others had done it, so I gave it a try. Somewhat like an IMSA spoiler, but not as large. It took some fitting, and covered some of the mounting holes. I can't remember exactly which holes I had to fill, since the lid had originally had a luggage rack which required some filing.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2015 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Although this spoiler doesn't match the holes, I've seen it on one or two notchie Fieros. Really looked better than I would have expected.
Basically, any one-piece spoiler that fit on a third gen F-body should work on a notchie Fiero. At least in terms of width.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Che...AOSwofxUbNOd&vxp=mtr

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 11-07-2015).]

GreenPlatypus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2015 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreenPlatypusSend a Private Message to GreenPlatypusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Although this spoiler doesn't match the holes, I've seen it on one or two notchie Fieros. Really looked better than I would have expected.
Basically, any one-piece spoiler that fit on a third gen F-body should work on a notchie Fiero. At least in terms of width.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Che...AOSwofxUbNOd&vxp=mtr

I agree with this one. Looked at a Formula and the owner had one on the back of an aero notchie. It looked much better than it should have. Fit like it was made for the car.
Rugger

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2015 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RuggerClick Here to visit Rugger's HomePageSend a Private Message to RuggerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bjc350..that is one beeyootiful ride! I really like the lines of it! What body kit did you use? and what nose?

------------------

1984 Indy Fiero #458
1985 Fiero GT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock