Rally Gage option by Cajun
Started on: 10-31-2015 02:23 PM
Replies: 17 (463 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 11-02-2015 07:04 PM
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2015 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have a photo of an Fiero instrument cluster with the "Rally Gage" option?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2015 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2015 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This?

Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2015 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, not those. The ones that are illustrated in the 1986 Fiero Service Manual.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2015 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's that? can you post a scan?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2015 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:

No, not those. The ones that are illustrated in the 1986 Fiero Service Manual.

We'd like to see what you're referring to, as what we've posted are the factory Rally Gauges as far as we're aware.
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2015 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that the rally computer that was prototyped and cataloged, but never installed or offered as an option? Kind of like the power-steering for the 1988's- it shows up in the tech data, but was never available to the public.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2015 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will take a photo of the "Rally Guage" option referred to in the 1986 Fiero Service Manual and attempt to post it.

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2015 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The round rally gauges mentioned on page 9G-1 of the 1986 service manual were never offered in a Fiero, and the actual rally gauge option is what was already pictured, which came in the 86-88 GT, and the Formula.

With the 85 MPH cluster, there are some cars which had a volt meter at the bottom of the tach, and some cars which had an oil pressure gauge at the bottom of the tach. I am not sure which options resulted in this difference on the 85 MPH clusters.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2015 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The "Rally Gauges" I was referring to are the same mentioned by 'dobey'.

[This message has been edited by Cajun (edited 11-01-2015).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2015 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whenever a publisher adds 'Typical' to the description, it means they were lazy. "maybe it applies or maybe it doesn't....we really don't know, but it makes our book fatter". There is a car out there somewhere that has these gauges.....
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2015 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seen dozens of different clusters, but never seen the rally gauges like that.

As for the voltmeter, that was a part of all 84 gauges. The 85 went to a oil pressure gauge. I would assume that the early 85s used the leftover 84 gauges with voltmeters.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2015 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Originally posted by Cajun:

The "Rally Gauges" I was referring to are the same mentioned by 'dobey'.

Mystery solved... you are looking at a Firebird service manual. Here is a scan I just made 5 minutes ago from my 87 Firebird manual.

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2015 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Mystery solved... you are looking at a Firebird service manual. Here is a scan I just made 5 minutes ago from my 87 Firebird manual.

Maybe it was copied over from the Firebird manual. The page is definitely in the Fiero manual too though.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2015 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As stated by 'dobey', I was looking at a 1986 Fiero Service Manual.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2015 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whoever made the 86 Fiero manual made a mistake and copied in a page from the Firebird manual. Those are definitely Firebird gauges.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2015 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Whoever made the 86 Fiero manual made a mistake and copied in a page from the Firebird manual. Those are definitely Firebird gauges.

I guess Helm made the mistake then. But yeah, they are Trans Am gauges:

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2015 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

I guess Helm made the mistake then. But yeah, they are Trans Am gauges:

Yep... I had an 88 Trans Am and after a minute or two I remembered starting at those gauges for several years.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock