Sail Panel Arrowhead Alternatives by Fiero Vampire
Started on: 10-26-2015 03:03 PM
Replies: 16 (537 views)
Last post by: Rsvl-Rider on 10-30-2015 07:02 PM
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering instead of replacing the Sail Panel Arrowheads with TFS replacements or sanding down and painting, has anyone every thought of a different alternative, like using polished metal inserts, or maybe a older model emblem (not sure if there is any older ones that would fit). Had the idea of making one of those microwave glass melting molds and either making a red glass replacement possibly using melted marbles or stained glass or another idea using clear glass and mounting a high intensity red led behind it. Anyways just a thought I'd throw out there and see if anyone else had any feedback on the subject.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jason88Notchie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alot of work. The Fiero Store emblems are pretty good and fit perfect. Now the PONTIAC ones for the rear on my Formula faded from nice shiny silver to solid black in months. Not too happy with that.
Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I read somewhere about someone using a larger arrowhead about the size of the raised area on the panel where the current arrowhead is. I can't find where I read this but I think it was either from the G6 or the Grand Prix/Bonneville (not that that narrows it down due to all the different generations). Other than that I haven't seen anything. There's of course the full quarter panel replacement from the Fiero Store that gets rid of that part completely.
paulmckibben

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulmckibbenClick Here to visit paulmckibben's HomePageSend a Private Message to paulmckibbenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try this:

http://fierosails.com/Emblems.html

Paul McKibben
Peachtree Corners, GA
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I read on here one persons solution. While I sanded and painted my arrowheads black to blend in with the sail panel they chose to get a red reflector and cut new arrowheads from it making them all red. It's another option if nothing else and with a little more work you could probably place a led behind it to light them up when driving lights are on.
Cokeologist

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2015 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CokeologistSend a Private Message to CokeologistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sanded down the raised area, and then applied the arrowhead emblem used on the trunk lid from a Pontiac Solstice. Looks fantastic.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2015 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a thought here but we hade Billet Badges make MERA emblems. I wonder if they could make the arrowhead emblems?
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2015 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Donster Dremeled the raised border down smooth, repainted the black and used the replacement Fiero nose badges with the adhesive backing. Not arrowheads, but it looked very good.
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2015 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have some cut out of stainless. I need to get some red reflective tape and see how they will finish.

Rich
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With the Fiero store replacements so cheap, why bother? They look good, stock, and again cheap.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

With the Fiero store replacements so cheap, why bother? They look good, stock, and again cheap.

Because some of us prefer quality vice price. Kind of like driving a BMW versus a Yugo. Just a preference is all.
PFF
System Bot
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Because some of us prefer quality vice price. Kind of like driving a BMW versus a Yugo. Just a preference is all.

I have had them on my car for over a year. I wouldn't say they are poor quality. And they fit perfectly too.

[This message has been edited by Jason88Notchie (edited 10-28-2015).]

Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

I have had them on my car for over a year. I wouldn't say they are poor quality. And they fit perfectly too.

There has been several posts about them fading fast or the chroming (paint or whatever it is on the back side) losing hold to the plastic. That's why I just painted mine black but that was 5 or so years ago. Maybe they've improved them over the years? Anyways, I would probably have not gotten them anyways because with the look I was chasing I wanted to shave all brand/model identifying markers off the exterior anyways. I deleted the "PONTIAC" on the light cover, nose emblems, bumper and had I not sold it the wheels would have had theirs filled in and been painted until I replaced them with aftermarket wheels.

------------------

Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2015 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can contest that the "PONTIAC" Emblem on the back has only been on my car for less than 6 months and is already starting to flake.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2015 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Vampire:

I can contest that the "PONTIAC" Emblem on the back has only been on my car for less than 6 months and is already starting to flake.

Yep. Mine faded to total black. No chrome left.
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2015 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally I like it just shaved off and made to look like it was never there. Looking at Fieros at Fiero car shows I like the never there look myself. IMO it could have been left off from the factory. Looks cleaner/better IMO.

http://onlytruecars.com/pho...ro-se/07/default.htm
------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

[This message has been edited by Rodney (edited 10-30-2015).]

Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2015 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forum member cvxjet (Eric) did custom metal sail panels on his car with a large (6" ish) chrome and red arrowheads from a G6. I saw it on the California Coast Run last weekend. Looked really nice but I forgot to get a pic of it. Send him a PM and I'm sure he will send you a pic.

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 10-30-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock