Stock sway bar end links vs. Rodney's zero lash links by Kitskaboodle
Started on: 10-22-2015 10:44 AM
Replies: 6 (945 views)
Last post by: fierogt28 on 10-30-2015 05:21 PM
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2015 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to hear from those who have switched from the typical rear sway bar end links (rubber or poly) to Rodney's zero lash end link kit. Your opinions/comments? How was the handling/cornering after this change? Also, they come in two lengths. Which one did you buy and what is your rear setup? (Fierostore rear bar, Addco bar, stock front bar in the back, etc.) As an FYI I have an 85 & 86 GT)
Thanks, Kit

[This message has been edited by Kitskaboodle (edited 10-22-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2015 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

I would like to hear from those who have switched from the typical rear sway bar end links (rubber or poly) to Rodney's zero lash end link kit.

Because I believe the front end of a Fiero should be stiffer than the rear, I left the rubber sway bar end links in the back and used the zero lash end links in the front of both my '84 and of my '88 Formula.

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

Also, they come in two lengths.

Actually, they come in at least nine lengths.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-22-2015).]

mrstan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2015 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrstanSend a Private Message to mrstanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They seem like they would be a good idea.. I just wonder what happens when they get goobered up and the ball joint thing breaks.. I do not see a way to lube it either.. I have been looking at those for some time wondering about these things too. I wonder about that they are indeed moving parts though. I am not sure if you can get replacement parts since they seem to be modular in different parts which screw into each other.. I guess I am not brave enough to indulge just yet I guess.. others are probably the same way too though.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2015 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have Rodney's zero-lash end links in the front of my '88. They're fine, but the rusted end links I took out weren't that great, so I don't have a good comparison. Oddly, the end links I took out appeared to be poly (red), rather than rubber, yet my car only has 54K miles on it.

I don't foresee any issues with Rodney's end links. They're sealed. If they need something, replace them, just like ball joints.
jim94

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2015 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take up the slack, use all your sway bar without any twitch. I could not tell you how much I love the way my car handles. I even tested it on a circle track to prove them. U-tube new Smyrna speedway fiero
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2015 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Oddly, the end links I took out appeared to be poly (red), rather than rubber, yet my car only has 54K miles on it.

Stock '88 sway bar end link bushings are an opaque yellowish color......poly, not rubber like earlier years. The red poly bushings you have are aftermarket replacements.....probably Addco brand.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2015 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Stock '88 sway bar end link bushings are an opaque yellowish color......poly, not rubber like earlier years. The red poly bushings you have are aftermarket replacements.....probably Addco brand.

mrfiero is correct, as I second this. I replaced the endlinks on my original 88GT, and that's what I had.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock