License plate relocation? by FieroCat
Started on: 10-21-2015 11:16 AM
Replies: 3 (551 views)
Last post by: Australian on 11-09-2015 04:38 AM
FieroCat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2015 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCatSend a Private Message to FieroCatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone ever attempted to create a modified style of GT tail lights to relocate the license plate up in between them, and then deleting the license plate depression area on the bumper? Like a late 80's Camaro... It may not look great, but just curious if anyone's tried it.

------------------
My Fiero: 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, V6, 4-speed manual

[This message has been edited by FieroCat (edited 10-21-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2015 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One local jurisdiction near me (Gahanna) are azzes about plates. I had a Lincoln stretch limo with the tag mounted in the middle of the front oem. It lacked just a few inches of fitting in my garage, so I moved it to the side under the drivers headlites, as many oem tags are. This cop tried to give me a ticket for having it in an 'unapproved' non oem location. I had a talk with the mayor and police chief and got it dropped. A girl friend of mine in the same town, got ticketed for not having her sticker on the plate. She had the sticker in her glove box and it only expired at midnite that nite. The cop parked a few doors down in the morning and waited for her to back out onto the street and ticketed her. He couldnt do it in the driveway. She had to pay. Ya, she shouldnt have forgotten to put it on.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2015 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup... Picky people could be problems. Cops and Inspectors.
Also Rear tag must have proper lights or expect to be stopped or fail inspection in many places. Tag lights put most or all of light output On the tag only.
Examples:
Most OEM fixtures for cars are hidden behind trim/bumper but puts plenty of light on the tag.
Many OEM Truck tag light fixtures are not hidden but setup to light only the tag.

If you just move the tag up and have good tag lights then most won't bother.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 11-01-2015).]

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2015 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My plate wont even fit in my rear my bumper. Originally i had it cut but over time it warped so i since repaired it and have it sitting lower with brighter lighting to see it.
If i left it cut bumper would have warped to useless.
Front plate is mounted bottom spoiler.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 11-09-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock