Custom Fiberglass GT tail lights, help please by FlipAnt
Started on: 10-21-2015 06:39 AM
Replies: 4 (312 views)
Last post by: FlipAnt on 10-21-2015 08:59 PM
FlipAnt

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2015 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlipAntSend a Private Message to FlipAntEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently bought a set of used fiberglass F355 tail lights with 4" cutouts for LED lights to replace my stock tail lights and came with no instructions to install. The question I have is, do these fit onto the stock tail light housings or are the stock assemblies removed and the fiberglass tail lights put into place? If so, do I need to fabricate brackets to hold them in place? Any help is appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2015 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where'd you get them from? One set sold here on the forum is designed to replace the lenses on your stock GT lights. If you have that set they have little tabs on them that will snap onto the back half of your GT lights once the lenses have been removed. If the panel you have is blank as far as mounting tabs then you will have to fabricate some way to attach them.
FlipAnt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2015 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlipAntSend a Private Message to FlipAntEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought them off ebay. They have pre drilled holes. I'm guessing I'll have to fabricate something to hold them onto the housings. I'd post pics but for some reason the site won't let me.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2015 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I remember correctly, you have to remove your stock lenses (lenses only) but use the stock housing. The panel screws into the lip around the stock tailight panel and basically you are taking the 2 taillight housings and making them 1 piece. Then the whole assembly fits back on the car in 1 big piece and secures with the stock taillight housing screws.
FlipAnt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2015 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlipAntSend a Private Message to FlipAntEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

If I remember correctly, you have to remove your stock lenses (lenses only) but use the stock housing. The panel screws into the lip around the stock tailight panel and basically you are taking the 2 taillight housings and making them 1 piece. Then the whole assembly fits back on the car in 1 big piece and secures with the stock taillight housing screws.

Thank you. I'll try that ^ and see where it leads me.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock