Anybody got $17000 by Silvertown
Started on: 10-15-2015 02:33 PM
Replies: 26 (786 views)
Last post by: dobey on 10-21-2015 04:04 PM
Silvertown

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-15-2015 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That blue should have been carried over to 88. Another PMD doh!, moment.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...af&item=221895470511
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2015 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That car has been for sale for months. At least 2 and I'm sure longer than that. In the time I've followed it its dropped from 18,900 to the price it's at now. I just don't think it will sell close to what they're asking. 10-12k is more realistic.

I agree about the blue, it's my favourite colour along with the gold on the 86.
Silvertown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-15-2015 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dylpro:

That car has been for sale for months. At least 2 and I'm sure longer than that. In the time I've followed it its dropped from 18,900 to the price it's at now. I just don't think it will sell close to what they're asking. 10-12k is more realistic.

I agree about the blue, it's my favourite colour along with the gold on the 86.

It's got a lot of interesting documents and color charts. You could buy a nice buick gn for that price. Gold should have been on the 88 too. I don't think I would go over $8500 for it.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2015 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I were to spend $17,000 it would be for a great condition 1990's Corvette. Some Fiero owners seem out of touch with what their car is worth. Fiero is an economy car using a budget compact car suspension, a cheap interior and a 140 HP engine. Even a modified and custom Fiero is hard to sell let alone a bone stock Fiero. This Fiero is certainly a nice example but not $17,000 nice.
If you monitor the Fieros that SELL you will find them selling in the $1,000 to $6,000 range.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Silvertown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-15-2015 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

If I were to spend $17,000 it would be for a great condition 1990's Corvette. Some Fiero owners seem out of touch with what their car is worth. Fiero is an economy car using a budget compact car suspension, a cheap interior and a 140 HP engine. Even a modified and custom Fiero is hard to sell let alone a bone stock Fiero. This Fiero is certainly a nice example but not $17,000 nice.
If you monitor the Fieros that SELL you will find them selling in the $1,000 to $6,000 range.

The only 90s corvette worth owning is the zr1 and I would rather pony up to the 2002 z06 coupe.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2015 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not that blue it was horrible. Now if they used the darker color from the TA I would have considered it.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2015 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silvertown:

The only 90s corvette worth owning is the zr1 and I would rather pony up to the 2002 z06 coupe.

The LS1 1998/1999 in excellent low mileage condition is usually worth the 15-18k price. Otherwise I agree with the ZR1.. some of those even get double that price still.

[This message has been edited by Steel (edited 10-15-2015).]

Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2015 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ZR1 is great and all, but my dream Corvette would have to be the '96 Admiral Blue Grand Sport. I love that car.

I'm seeing lots of Fieros in the five digit price range now. Often at dealers marketing them as collector cars. I'm certainly not saying they're worth it at that price, but I wonder how long one would sit on it at those prices. I know of a small town dealer nearby that has an '84 coupe with only 45,000 miles. He originally was asking 4,995, dropped the price to 3,995, still no bite. He then painted half the car white, raised the price back to 4,995 and it still sits. This has been at the very least a year and a half since I first discovered it, God knows how long it sat before then. I offered him a trade for a 1998 Ford Taurus with under 100,000 miles. Bet he would've sold that by now. Oh well, that car paid for my Formulas paint job.

[This message has been edited by Dylpro (edited 10-16-2015).]

Silvertown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2015 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dylpro:

The ZR1 is great and all, but my dream Corvette would have to be the '96 Admiral Blue Grand Sport. I love that car.

This is my dream corvette. Callaway corvette c7 gt3-r
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawk...7890876286622501.jpg

[This message has been edited by Silvertown (edited 10-16-2015).]

ron768

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2015 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I were going after a dream it would be the 1969 ZL-1 vette. It only took GM 20+ years to equal the hp and performance of this car.
Silvertown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2015 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ron768:

If I were going after a dream it would be the 1969 ZL-1 vette. It only took GM 20+ years to equal the hp and performance of this car.

There's only 2. You can build that car. The motor cost more than the car you would be putting it in.
http://www.chevrolet.com/pe...anniversary-427.html
PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2015 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Too bad that Fiero has rust on it for such low miles, mine has over 200k and zero rust. and as a collector the intake has been painted.
Other wise a very pretty car.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2015 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOTS of manure in that advertising write-up!! GEEZ!

"Thanks to a continued rise in desirability, the search is on to find the best of the best Fieros that will set the standard for the future collector car market. And with just under 7,600 miles on its odometer, and a folder full of original documentation, this one-owner GT might just be one of the nicest survivors on the planet!"

"Everything from the car's clean glass to its chip-free running boards is about as close to perfect as a 27 year old veteran can get."

Uh HUH...sure...whatever you say Sparky....

"the bottom of this time capsule Pontiac is, like its engine bay, in virtually untouched, showroom-fresh condition."......

Yup....right down to the "showroom-fresh" rust and dirt:

and the carpet stains in the trunk...

and the torn rubber trunk seal after only "7000 miles" ?

and the trunk light with the broken mounting tab

and the non-stock BLUE painted manifold

and the AFTERMARKET replacement plug wires and distributor cap on a "7,000 mile" car ?

and the "showroom-fresh" sagging headliner

and all the DIRT in every nook and cranny of the car

and the rusted decklid release spring

and a LOT MORE.........but other than that the car is...what did they say??...OH YES:

"...this one-owner GT might just be one of the nicest survivors on the planet!"

"Everything from the car's clean glass to its chip-free running boards is about as close to perfect as a 27 year old veteran can get."

Over-hyped and Overpriced?
Just a "tad" I think

All of those tale-tale hints add up to a car that is very likely NOT what it is being heavily hyped up to be and car that was NOT that well cared for or maintained.

Asking that price for a vehicle that shows that many *obvious* discrepancies is always great indicator that there is a lot *hidden*.

Caveat Emptor!

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 10-17-2015).]

Chris_narf

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2015 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really, it looks like it is in pretty good shape for 76,000 miles. LOL

ron768

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2015 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
posted by Silvertown : There's only 2. You can build that car. The motor cost more than the car you would be putting it in. Actually , there were 3. GM crushed 1 of them. 1 was sold to a man who drag raced it, it now sits in a museum . The other ,,, where abouts unknown . This is my last post on this thread, too many taking away from the original content.
Silvertown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2015 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ron768:

posted by Silvertown : There's only 2. You can build that car. The motor cost more than the car you would be putting it in. Actually , there were 3. GM crushed 1 of them. 1 was sold to a man who drag raced it, it now sits in a museum . The other ,,, where abouts unknown . This is my last post on this thread, too many taking away from the original content.

Hence the use of "there's only 2". Unless you can uncrush the third. You don't know where the second one is?
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2015 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i find threads like this kinda funny on one hand every one that owns a fiero wants the value to go up but when some one tries to get a higher price every one beats it up saying how it is not worth that much so they are helping keep the price down because any one looking to shell out that type of money is going to come on sites like this to try and find out what we all think it is worth but we say it is worth allot less so why would they ever pay more

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 10-19-2015).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-19-2015 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

i find threads like this kinda funny on one hand every one that owns a fiero wants the value to go up but when some one tries to get a higher price every one beats it up saying how it is not worth that much so they are helping keep the price down because any one looking to shell out that type of money is going to come on sites like this to try and find out what we all think it is worth but we say it is worth allot less so why would they ever pay more

With the amount of problems the car has, it's not worth the asking price, even if it was a C5 Z06 Corvette. The problem with wanting the value to go up, is that values only go up for cars that are actually worth the higher asking price. My car with 90K miles was in better condition than the car in this ad, when the head gasket blew and I parked it. Nobody would have given me even half of what this person is asking, for my car.

There are certainly some Fieros worth the asking price in this ad, but the car in the ad is not one of them.
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2015 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
there was another fiero with less miles and higher asking price on ebay and it got bashed to . i bet if you had your car for sale you wouldn't tell the buyer well i want 10,000 but its not worth it because it is a fiero and they have there problems so why don't you give me 6k and by the way allot of cars that are older have problems specific to them

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 10-20-2015).]

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2015 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Over-hyped and Overpriced?
Just a "tad" I think

All of those tale-tale hints add up to a car that is very likely NOT what it is being heavily hyped up to be and car that was NOT that well cared for or maintained.

Asking that price for a vehicle that shows that many *obvious* discrepancies is always great indicator that there is a lot *hidden*.

Caveat Emptor!

Have to agree - for that kind of coin it had better be in a lot better shape.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-20-2015 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

there was another fiero with less miles and higher asking price on ebay and it got bashed to . i bet if you had your car for sale you wouldn't tell the buyer well i want 10,000 but its not worth it because it is a fiero and they have there problems so why don't you give me 6k and by the way allot of cars that are older have problems specific to them

All cars have problems specific to them. But if you're going to claim a car is "perfect" and ask an exorbitant amount of money for it, then you should at least have the decency to make it actually look like it is, instead of showing off the saggy headliner and all the rust on the car. But if you think it's worth $17K then go buy it.
PFF
System Bot
Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2015 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Agree with dobey on that. The seller writes how the car is almost perfect but then gives several photos of how it's not. Pretty contradictory.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2015 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its a $5,000-$6,000 car tops. This guy is living in dreamland. He will still have it for sale in 2025. Its pretty decent and fixable. Its still a 140 hp automatic though. I can buy 90s Corvettes all day long for $5,000-$10,000. Ive had 2 myself I bought for less than $6,000 each in great shape. I do like the Grand Sports though. Some of those went with clown paint jobs though, like blue with red interiors and yellow wheels....

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 10-20-2015).]

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2015 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome marketing. Beautiful car. But still an automatic pre-88. Randye got it well. Some people do not understand that asking a way too high price only damages credibility and will only ask for more scrutiny and of course bashing.
Silvertown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2015 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2015 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Electric rear window"????
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2015 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:

"Electric rear window"????

Well, the defroster on the rear window is electric, and that Formula has it. But yeah, totally the wrong way to describe it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock