So were does this part go by 85fieroguy
Started on: 09-21-2015 09:56 PM
Replies: 5 (252 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 09-21-2015 11:58 PM
85fieroguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fieroguySend a Private Message to 85fieroguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
help !!!!. Finished the exhaust gasket problem, removed the tubes from fan for coil and alternator for more room, then put them back BUT can't figure how to get the heat shield back in place. Need a photo of the stock V-6 from the top between the trunk wall and engine ( as you face the engine). Service and parts manuals didn't help.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you referring to the heat shield that sits on a ledge on the trunk wall and has three bolts/screws holding it in place?
85fieroguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fieroguySend a Private Message to 85fieroguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep..that's the little bugger. Need a photo..forgot if it goes on before the fan tubes. Man, I'm tired tonight. Never again on a exhust manifold gasket replacement. But I love the quiet sound.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85fieroguy:

Yep..that's the little bugger. Need a photo..forgot if it goes on before the fan tubes.

I can't check it tonight, but I don't believe the coil cooling tube makes any difference with the mounting of that heat shield. But even if it does, it's just two nuts holding that tube on.

Never again on a exhaust manifold gasket replacement.

I know exactly what you mean. In July of last year, I tilted the cradle down on my '86 GT to repair a few things (as reported HERE), including drilling out a couple of broken exhaust manifold bolts on the firewall side. I ended up hurting my previously dislocated shoulder and I had to leave the GT until this year (which has had many other distractions). I've finally almost got this Fiero all back together!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-21-2015).]

85fieroguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fieroguySend a Private Message to 85fieroguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazing !!!. I have a bad rotator cuff, a guy helped do a exhaust manifold gasket repair, and we had busted bolts, a EGR tube and took off a lot of stuff. All went back together EXCEPT that shield between the trunk and motor. We are like the band of brothers ( with frigged up shoulders)
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We are like the band of brothers ( with frigged up shoulders)

Heh heh...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock