Ouch - Working on Fiero by FieroTony
Started on: 09-21-2015 09:43 AM
Replies: 4 (380 views)
Last post by: Lambo nut on 09-24-2015 06:48 PM
FieroTony

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 16 year old daughter is of driving age. Bought her a 2000 S-10 Extreme this past February. I've been tinkering with it so it'll be ready and (safe) when she actually goes for her permit. Took it around the block yesterday and there was strange noise coming from it. It sounded (and smelled) like brake. She says to me. "It's not going to be like your Fiero, always working on it, is it?". OUCH!! Unfortunately, they, (wife and daughters), confuse needed fixing work with maintenance work.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My brain: hummm - 2000 isn't such an old vehic-...OMG, 2000 is 15 freaking years ago.
I think I need a drink.
Josh52894

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2015 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Josh52894Send a Private Message to Josh52894Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my family gives me the same grief, they just dont understand. It doesnt help that i dont exactly buy the best examples of fieros, i consider myself a saver not a collector.
also if it makes you feel better, i still think my 90 tbird is 10 years old, the math just hasnt clicked.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same **** from my wife. She assumes because it's a 1987 that it "will always be broken" and will "break down in the middle of an intersection" or some other random BS. If I spend a few hours doing preventative maintenance work (like replacing both front hubs on my tahoe because one of the bearings was starting to make noise) she thinks the cars are broken and we're stranded or some other similar drama. She wouldn't know a well maintained vehicle if it ran her over.
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroTony:

My 16 year old daughter is of driving age. Bought her a 2000 S-10 Extreme this past February. I've been tinkering with it so it'll be ready and (safe) when she actually goes for her permit. Took it around the block yesterday and there was strange noise coming from it. It sounded (and smelled) like brake. She says to me. "It's not going to be like your Fiero, always working on it, is it?". OUCH!! Unfortunately, they, (wife and daughters), confuse needed fixing work with maintenance work.

Hopefully they don't think just because something is newer, it won't have any problems either.

I have a sister in law that was getting newer vehicles as she could afford them. Got into a 2008 Chevy Suburban a couple of years ago and low and behold the check engine light came on one day for the evap system. She threw a fit!. Actually said "How new of a G** D***** vehicle do I have to get before the G** D***** check engine light won't come on?!" In the heat of her rant, I calmly said, "The check engine light has never come on in my 78 Camaro..." That didn't help at all!

Kevin

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock