Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Are an original set of molds for the Enterra Vipre worth saving?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Are an original set of molds for the Enterra Vipre worth saving? by Patrick
Started on: 09-18-2015 07:42 PM
Replies: 22 (1790 views)
Last post by: mrfred8 on 04-17-2019 12:14 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2015 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't get into the whole story right now as I'm getting ready to go out the door, but I've been in touch with a fella who has an original set of molds for the Enterra Vipre. He's been storing them for 20 years, but he's now losing his storage space. He's upset because he's had promises made and broken in regards to help with saving these molds. He's ready to smash them up and dispose of them in the next 15 hours or so. (By 7 AM Pacific Time on Saturday.) I've begged him not to do this.

If you have some input on a solution to the situation, please post here or PM me. I'll be out for several hours, but I'll respond when I get back.

For anyone not familiar with an Enterra Vipre, this is what they look like...

And yes, the molds are for the same car as this completely rebuilt beauty from The Construction Zone... Enterra "Dark Shadow" Restore Thread

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-19-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2015 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow !

Where are the molds being stored ? Canada ? U.S ??

Definatly worth saving if you can.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2015 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is he looking to get for them?
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2015 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ask him to at least hand them to someone else for temporary storage (like you Patrick) while this all gets sorted out. Once they are gone, they are gone forever...
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2015 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've pleaded with the fella not to be hasty.

Troy, I've sent you a PM.

Okay, I'm off the grid for the next four hours or so...
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2015 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the owner of the molds near you...... in Canada....... or USA ??

regards
Danyel
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2015 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I just got home.

The molds are not far from me, located near Vancouver. I'm going to phone the guy now to see what the latest news is.

[EDIT] No answer. I left a message for him to phone me up until midnight. It's 11:12 PM Pacific Time right now.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2015 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36240 posts
Member since Apr 99

Alright, it's just after midnight here and I haven't heard anything.

I'll be checking back in nine hours or so. Hopefully we can resolve this Enterra mold issue successfully.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2015 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All this reminds me of a Quebec built car in the 80's named " Bernardi ". It too the molds are gonna be destroyed soon... here is a pic of this hand built car. This is NOT a Fiero based car though ...but she reminds me of the Vipre ... she came with a V6 or a 455 V8. Only 17 were built.

Edited to add recent pics ....

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 09-19-2015).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2015 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

All this reminds me of a Quebec built car in the 80's named " Bernardi "... she reminds me of the Vipre

No surprise... the body was designed by the same fella, Joe Palumbo.

Talented guy. Some info/history on him HERE that you can no doubt read a whole lot easier than me.

More information (in English) on Joe Palumbo and cars he's associated with HERE and HERE.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Worth saving yes of course.
PFF
System Bot
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2015 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-24-2015 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only $2K? If I was in the area, I'd have bought them already. Soon, decent GT tail lights will cost that much.
2tone86gt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2015 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2tone86gtSend a Private Message to 2tone86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida should pick those up.
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

No surprise... the body was designed by the same fella, Joe Palumbo.

Talented guy. Some info/history on him HERE that you can no doubt read a whole lot easier than me.

More information (in English) on Joe Palumbo and cars he's associated with HERE and HERE.
Wider if any relation to Chuck Palumbo

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
Northstar Rebuild

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2017 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did anyone on the forum pick these up? If I had seen this post a couple years ago I would have grabbed these.
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2019 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For Troy Boy to see and anyone else, history on the company.
https://driving.ca/pontiac/...-vancouver-auto-show
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2019 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIERO JOHN-WI:

Infamous, and rare, Enterra to be displayed at Vancouver Auto Show

Turns out I missed the show by a month (wasn't aware of it until now)... but thanks for posting.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-17-2019).]

Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2019 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it just me or does that resemble a corvette? Now don't get me wrong it is a very nice looking kit though. I like it better than some of the others I have seen.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2019 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Did anyone on the forum pick these up? If I had seen this post a couple years ago I would have grabbed these.

Easier said than done.

You've got to keep in mind that not everyone has their act together (especially some stranger you just happen to meet through Craigslist). I tried to help this guy out (with nothing in it for me)... I was in the same metropolitan area as him... and he turned out to be a total dickwad who screwed me around for several days and then left me (and a friend with a truck whom I had lined up) hanging out to dry. Gawd I was pissed off with that jackass. Probably why I didn't post in this thread again.

As far as I know, the molds were saved... but that was four years ago. I have no plans to contact the guy ever again.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2019 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36240 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

...it is a very nice looking kit

Slight correction.. it was never a kit. The finished product was built on a brand new Fiero chassis and sold through Pontiac dealerships. Read the article!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-16-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2019 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Slight correction.. it was never a kit. The finished product was built on a brand new Fiero chassis and sold through Pontiac dealerships. Read the article!

Ha, shows that I should read more. However still has that corvette look to it though.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2019 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 04-17-2019).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock