Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is this worth a thousand dollars in parts?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is this worth a thousand dollars in parts? by Silvertown
Started on: 09-13-2015 02:39 PM
Replies: 13 (300 views)
Last post by: Gall757 on 09-13-2015 09:36 PM
Silvertown

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-13-2015 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't know weed was legal in florida?
http://fortmyers.craigslist.../cto/5136891863.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure looks like a Formula, doesn't it?
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A thousand dollars?

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The VIN says it's a Formula.

Probably a clean frame, and maybe a good Getrag. The sun damage is severe! Most likely the entire interior is trash.....and look at those outside mirror housings. You would have to repair just about everything. This car is a good example of why you spend $5,000 for a nice Fiero, because I think it would take that much to save this one.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-13-2015 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Basic rule is that any 88 frame is worth $800 if it's in good condition. So $1000 isn't a terrible price for it.

If it was a 69 Camaro in that same condition, the asking price would be $15-20K.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the chassis is rust/wreck free, then 1K isn't out of line especially if you are looking for a chassis for a project that will require paint anyway (widebody or significant upgrades).
Silvertown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-13-2015 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So if I wanted to do a 3800 sc swap without disturbing the 2.8 from my gt and using a donor 88 cradle this would be a good price?
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-13-2015 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silvertown:

So if I wanted to do a 3800 sc swap without disturbing the 2.8 from my gt and using a donor 88 cradle this would be a good price?

If your GT is not an 88, it'd be better to do the 3800 swap in the 88 chassis, and then move all the GT body panels over, if you want it to be a GT. The $1000 price is certainly decent for that. 88 is the lowest production year, and has the improved suspension, so yes, you should expect to pay a premium for one, given they are the rarer breed.

[This message has been edited by dobey (edited 09-13-2015).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the car has resided beach side in Florida, it has more rust than you want to deal with. The map on the link shows lots of water a block away.
Silvertown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-13-2015 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quoted from dobey
"If your GT is not an 88, it'd be better to do the 3800 swap in the 88 chassis, and then move all the GT body panels over, if you want it to be a GT. The $1000 price is certainly decent for that. 88 is the lowest production year, and has the improved suspension, so yes, you should expect to pay a premium for one, given they are the rarer breed."

I'm thinking of putting a 3800 sc in my 88 gt. I think a car more like this is reasonable although I would
hate to further reduce their numbers. http://sfbay.craigslist.org.../cto/5201651294.html

[This message has been edited by Silvertown (edited 09-13-2015).]

Silvertown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-13-2015 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Silvertown

440 posts
Member since Sep 2015

Originally posted by Gall757:

The VIN says it's a Formula.

Probably a clean frame, and maybe a good Getrag. The sun damage is severe! Most likely the entire interior is trash.....and look at those outside mirror housings. You would have to repair just about everything. This car is a good example of why you spend $5,000 for a nice Fiero, because I think it would take that much to save this one.

That's what I thought. If anything they should pay you to haul it away.

PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-13-2015 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silvertown:

I'm thinking of putting a 3800 sc in my 88 gt. I think a car more like this is reasonable although I would hate to further reduce their numbers. http://sfbay.craigslist.org.../cto/5201651294.html

You could get the swap running on the coupe's cradle, then swap it into your GT, and swap the 2.8 into the coupe, and sell the coupe, or keep it as a daily to put the miles on, and the GT for race and show.
Silvertown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-13-2015 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

You could get the swap running on the coupe's cradle, then swap it into your GT, and swap the 2.8 into the coupe, and sell the coupe, or keep it as a daily to put the miles on, and the GT for race and show.

No way the l44 in my 88 is too nice and I'm not sure I want to do it anyway due to how clean the car is but watching the youtube vids of fieros tearing it up has got me hooked.

[This message has been edited by Silvertown (edited 09-13-2015).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

If the car has resided beach side in Florida, it has more rust than you want to deal with. The map on the link shows lots of water a block away.

This is true. Oceanside cars get rust on every surface possible.....a photo of the engine bay would tell you if this was a problem.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock