Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  NOOOOO.... What happened to blacktopupgrades.com?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
NOOOOO.... What happened to blacktopupgrades.com? by pete poling
Started on: 08-28-2015 09:03 AM
Replies: 14 (993 views)
Last post by: TXOPIE on 09-14-2015 04:13 PM
pete poling

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pete polingSend a Private Message to pete polingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been wanting a set of stealth wing stands but have been putting it off. I went to order them this morning and the website doesn't exist anymore, all that comes up a a go daddy add. I tried to google a phone number for them but nothing came up. Anyone got anything on this??? Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No Fear...they are in the process of changes:

New web address:

http://blacktop.racing/

New number: 218-755-5499

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 08-28-2015).]

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They changed their URL http://blacktop.racing

I guess they decided to take advantage of the new top level domains now available .

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 08-28-2015).]

pete poling

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pete polingSend a Private Message to pete polingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!!!! I hope you get yours soon Txopie! And thanks again
bkw88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bkw88Send a Private Message to bkw88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just bought a set a couple of months ago!!! Much better product than they used to be!! I am very pleased with the set I got!! Love the look on my black Formula!! Gave the car a whole new attitude!! Hope you are able to get a set!!
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For SEO I would have kept the url & just forwarded via 301 or a cname dns entry. But whatevs, love that place. Hoping to buy more Fiero upgrades
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

For SEO I would have kept the url & just forwarded via 301 or a cname dns entry. But whatevs, love that place. Hoping to buy more Fiero upgrades

CNAME entry can actually hurt SEO as google views it as two sites with identical content. 301 is the way to go!

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2015 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pete poling:

I've been wanting a set of stealth wing stands but have been putting it off.

I've got a set I bought a few months ago. Installed on my '87 for less than a month. I'm ditching the wing so they're for sale.

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2015 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

CNAME entry can actually hurt SEO as google views it as two sites with identical content. 301 is the way to go!

I don't think it is going to matter, till they get everything settled down. They were known as Top Line Group for a long time, then just TLG Automotive, with a website address of TLG-Auto.com. Then they changed their name to Black Top Racing, but used a total different name for their web presence of BlackTopUpgrades.com. Looks like the name of the company and web address are now one in the same, so hopefully they got it all sorted out

It should be easier to find them now, and their fantastic products!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 08-29-2015).]

seq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2015 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

CNAME doesn't negate use of a 301. CNAME is just a convenient method to configure your DNS. Your old domain can be a CNAME referencing your new domain, and have still use a rewriterule in your web server to actually forward the user to the new domain.

That said, it's probably still worthwhile to dive into the Google webmaster tools, and configure the domain. They have a "change of address" tool that goes down the list of confirming 301 redirects are configured, and uses some backend voodoo to update your search results, without appearing as a "new" site with ripped-off content.

Besides, the webmaster tools will tell you what's wrong with your site in terms of indexing, as well as search hits that actually lead to clicks. I'd expect they'd already be using that.

Interestingly, I just had a look at my search hits. I should sign up for adwords...

EDIT: Plus, those of us who have been to their site in the past won't need to update our bookmarks, or delete the url-bar history entries. Even their TLG-Auto site links to the invalid, non-forwarded blacktopupgrades.com

[This message has been edited by seq (edited 08-30-2015).]

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2015 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We need a picture of the install!

Originally posted by bkw88:

I just bought a set a couple of months ago!!! Much better product than they used to be!! I am very pleased with the set I got!! Love the look on my black Formula!! Gave the car a whole new attitude!! Hope you are able to get a set!!

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 09-02-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
BlackTopRacing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2015 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackTopRacingClick Here to visit BlackTopRacing's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlackTopRacingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey folks, thanks for the discussion. We are hoping to have a new batch of stealth wing stands incoming this week so if you're waiting for a set we'll have them ready to ship ASAP.

Need an install guide? Check this out:
https://youtu.be/Lgw-vYUKjZg

About the URL situation... There's a history to it. When the company started it was Top Line Group Automotive, hence the original domain: www.TLG-Auto.com - This website still works, and lists the new brand name Black Top Racing in the list of child companies. We changed our sports car focus "brand" because the product offerings were getting too broad and wanted to have a place to focus just on sports cars. I think this video does an OK job of explaining it:

November 2013 Update: https://youtu.be/YUqK79uwlE8
October 2014 Update: https://youtu.be/pq_SuTqWsUs

The BlackTopUpgrades.com URL was used because someone in California owns www.BlackTopRacing.com and they don't want to sell it. Therefore we had to get creative. Now that the new .racing domain names are available we jumped on that (for way too much money for a lousy domain name...) and the old website domains should all work now. There was a momentary error with the DNS where the old website address wasn't forwarding to the new one, but it's all ironed out now.

Hope that helps! And guess what, we're not done with Fieros... We have some cool stuff in the works to release this year.

www.BlackTop.Racing
Instagram: @blacktop.racing

[This message has been edited by BlackTopRacing (edited 09-02-2015).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2015 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...looking forward to said ”new stuff”.
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2015 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are there any current coupon codes we can use? I ran across one when searching for stealth wing stands info, but that code doesn't work any more.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BTR will receive their back-order of stealth wing stands tomorrow!

FYI...for anyone else waiting on a set.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock