Reddevilriver by Ryanap333
Started on: 08-27-2015 12:00 AM
Replies: 64 (1678 views)
Last post by: Jason88Notchie on 09-15-2015 10:21 AM
Ryanap333

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ryanap333Send a Private Message to Ryanap333Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I sent my harnesses and computer for my 3800sc swap, paid $200 up front, an filled out the required form to Timm at Reddevilriver over a month ago. He told me it would be at least one month before he could get to it. The problem is since receiving my harnesses and computer Ive emailed him and called him leaving a combined half a dozen messages. The web site says that you get a core charge refund when he receives the harnesses which I have not received the refunded core charge and he says he'll return phone calls with in 48 hours which i have received none. Has anyone else had this experience? Ive only read good stuff about him.

[This message has been edited by Ryanap333 (edited 08-27-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well he used to be very good. I had to do a paypal dispute with him to get my last order back. Don't know what's going on with him. Seems like all the harness builders are AWOL right now.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-27-2015 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I were you, I'd be filing a dispute with Paypal already. Unfortunately, even if you get our money back with that, the harnesses you sent in my still be a loss. :-/
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was afraid this was another one of these threads. This trend doesn't bode well for the Fiero community. The last thing I got from him wasn't nearly the quality of previous products.

There are still good, reliable, Fiero people out there. I'm not sure how to fix this. In general, communication is poor, which is odd in today's world. I just wonder if their desire to contribute was overcome by the realities of life. Some vendors stopped their service when they recognized this fact; others didn't. I'm not saying that that's what happened here. I don't know.
fieromatty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromattySend a Private Message to fieromattyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm... A guy with one post is accusing one of our most reputable members? I understand that sometimes customer / business relations can become sour. But If your accusations would be true, I would want to see proof.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-27-2015 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromatty:

Hmmm... A guy with one post is accusing one of our most reputable members? I understand that sometimes customer / business relations can become sour. But If your accusations would be true, I would want to see proof.

I guess you don't read the forums? This is hardly the first thread where someone was complaining about the lack of communication and service from phonedawgz. There are multiple threads with multiple complaints about his service, and also about FIEROFLYER.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've got no dog in the fight... but I suspect fieromatty has missed a few threads.
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
still around, Timm just posted on technical discussion page

[This message has been edited by Grantman (edited 08-27-2015).]

Ryanap333

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ryanap333Send a Private Message to Ryanap333Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to know hes still posting here. Still the lack of communication doesnt make sense. I bought my ferrari 328 replica in May. Ive got everything i need for the 3800sc swap except the harness. All i want us my core refund and ab updated estimated time of arrival on my harness and computer.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Timm's been on this forum a long time and has helped many people. Last we heard he was swamped with work but answering/returning calls or communicating with customers and potential customers is standard good business practice and we hope that he starts following it.
FYI, there are numerous sources that will build a Fiero swap harness. Early on I built my first harness myself but now I leave it to a full time shop that builds them on a harness board , much the same as they are done at the factory. The 3800SC swap harness that I last purchased looks nearly identical to a GM factory harness and fits like a glove. I am not promoting this source over Timm and Dans work but if anyone needs the source, PM me and I'll pass on the contact info.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Ryanap333

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ryanap333Send a Private Message to Ryanap333Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its not that I want to make him look bad in front of the community. Thats not my intention. After all Timm has both my harnesses and computer that I want back completed or not. Im going to wait a little longer then Ill file then dispute and pay west coast to supply me the harness and computer.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It amazes me how people can screw a customer, and go on posting on a public forum, in front of God and everybody, and everyone seems to just brush it off, because they didn't personally get bent over.

This is the same sh!t that Loyde pulled, only on a much grander scale. WAKE UP, people. Damn.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We don't need another Dean, Friend of Yours and Loyde event on this forum but this post has the makings of it. .
Reliable and reputable suppliers return all calls and emails promptly to keep their customer and prospective customers informed. If a business has lots of work they finish what they have in a timely manner and do not take on more until they can complete new work in a reasonable amount of time. If delivery cannot be made in three weeks, it is time to allow others shops that need the work to fill the requirement. There is a golden opportunity for a response here to dispute the claims . Timm's response can prove, disprove or settle the claims but continued silence will only serve to prove what Raydar said in his post is correct.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

Ryanap333

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ryanap333Send a Private Message to Ryanap333Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope he responds and we get this taken care of promptly. Even if its just to tell me to wait longer i'd rather know.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If i were you, I would file the paypal dispute ASAP. There is zero excuse for lack of communication. If a vendor doesn't have the time/resources to complete a project, then he should not take the deposit. It's as simple as that in the real world
fieromatty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2015 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromattySend a Private Message to fieromattyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your right, I don't fallow the forum that closely. So my apology if I am missing something. I have never had any trouble with phonedawgz, thats why I was curious.
Ryanap333

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2015 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ryanap333Send a Private Message to Ryanap333Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd file the dispute except he has both of my harnesses and computer. If I file the dispute I may ruin any chance I still have of receiving my harness and computer. Ill probably never get them back. Ill give him until next friday. Then ill file the dispute and go with plan b.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2015 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ryanap333:

Ill give him until next friday. Then ill file the dispute and go with plan b.

If I were you, I'd post in every thread that he (Timm/phonedawgz) currently appears in (like This one), and politely ask him to contact you immediately.

Just look HERE for all the relevant threads.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2015 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'd file the dispute except he has both of my harnesses and computer. If I file the dispute I may ruin any chance I still have of receiving my harness and computer. Ill probably never get them back. Ill give him until next friday. Then ill file the dispute and go with plan b.

Filing a dispute doesn't have an immediate resolution. It generally gives the seller the opportunity to make things right within a specific time period. If they refuse or fail to do so, you should at least still be able to get you rmoney back. He should send your harness and computer back either way. If you can't get them back, the next steps I'd take, would be to see about filing charges of fraud and larceny. Hopefully you also have receipts for shipping, and required a signature for delivery.

If you wait too long though, filing a dispute via PayPal will no longer be an option.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With all the difficulties that Fiero swaps are experiencing for harnesses these days , I went ahead and posted my source in the Mall section today. This full line, full time, harness shop will be able to fill the gap for an honest, reliable, top quality source. I've seen deliveries of swap harnesses from them in 2-3 weeks and they are top notch!!. This shop should be able to fill the need that has existed for quite some time. No knock on anyone else making harnesses, but this dedicated business must ship or they don't eat!!!!

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-31-2015 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

If I were you, I'd post in every thread that he (Timm/phonedawgz) currently appears in (like This one), and politely ask him to contact you immediately.

Just look HERE for all the relevant threads.

Probably not the best advice, as this will mostly end up just spamming the threads he's posted in, in the past, rather than helping to get the issue resolved. :-/

[This message has been edited by dobey (edited 08-31-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Probably not the best advice, as this will mostly end up just spamming the threads he's posted in, in the past, rather than helping to get the issue resolved. :-/

Well, I don't know how far back Ryan has gone, but my suggestion was for him to post in current threads that Timm has appeared in to hopefully get Timm's attention. I don't think a polite one line contact request in a handful of threads can (or should) be classified as "spam".

Anyway, Timm needs to get his act together so as to negate these desperate measures.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-31-2015).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-31-2015 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, I don't know how far back Ryan has gone, but my suggestion was for him to post in current threads that Timm has appeared in to hopefully get Timm's attention. I don't think a polite one line contact request in a handful of threads can (or should) be classified as "spam".

Anyway, Timm needs to get his act together so as to negate these desperate measures.

Perhaps. I noticed a post about it in a current thread, where phonedawgz hasn't posted in it for several pages (if at all). I also just noticed that your link is searching for every mention of phonedawgz across the entire forum, and not simply threads he's posted in. Unfortunately, the forum search is pretty horrible, so searching for threads a user has actually posted in, and sorting them by date, doesn't really work. :-/

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I also just noticed that your link is searching for every mention of phonedawgz across the entire forum, and not simply threads he's posted in.

I don't see that as being a big problem. If it's obvious that Timm hasn't actually appeared in the thread, then Ryan can forgo posting a contact request.

Unfortunately, the forum search is pretty horrible, so searching for threads a user has actually posted in, and sorting them by date, doesn't really work. :-/

Sorting by date works just fine if a particular forum is chosen.

Again, if Timm would just handle his customers responsibly, none of this nonsense would be necessary.
Ryanap333

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ryanap333Send a Private Message to Ryanap333Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didnt mean to spam message. It wasnt my intention and I believe my intent is important when considering my motive should be considered before taking measures agianst me. I filed the dispute today. Hopefully ill be able to come up with the hard to get connectors to build another harness soon. My cars been sitting at my friends shop for months.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-31-2015 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorting by date works just fine if a particular forum is chosen.

Again, if Timm would just handle his customers responsibly, none of this nonsense would be necessary.

Sorting by date simply sorts by the last occurrence of any post in the thread though, and not the date of the last post containing the search term. I don't think Ryanap333 took the time to look through the last posts to see if Timm actually posted, and instead just posted the same request for contact in the first few threads that came up. Yes, it works a little better, if you know how it works, and are looking for something more generalized, but in this specific case it gives inappropriate results.

And yes, I agree Timm needs to deal with his customers properly.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't think Ryanap333 took the time to look through the last posts to see if Timm actually posted...

Whatever! Maybe if enough people get annoyed at the "spamming" it'll filter down to Timm/phonedawgz.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2015 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The solution is to go with another source that realizes that customers are not an annoyance but the very purpose of their business. Customers have every right to expect and deserve good quality products and excellent customer service for their money. See my recent mall post on my RELIABLE 3800SC swap harness source and stop struggling and dealing with the home based gypsy suppliers that could care less about you. Some of these guys don't care about you, they don't give a dam about you.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-01-2015 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

The solution is to go with another source that realizes that customers are not an annoyance but the very purpose of their business. Customers have every right to expect and deserve good quality products and excellent customer service for their money. See my recent mall post on my RELIABLE 3800SC swap harness source and stop struggling and dealing with the home based gypsy suppliers that could care less about you. Some of these guys don't care about you, they don't give a dam about you.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help much when you've already lost your harness/computer by shipping to someone who was supposed to be RELIABLE and has several people saying so on this very forum.
Ryanap333

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2015 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ryanap333Send a Private Message to Ryanap333Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Phil at injection technology is building me a harness now. Who do you all recommend i have supply me with a reprogrammed computer?
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-01-2015 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Phil at injection technology is building me a harness now. Who do you all recommend i have supply me with a reprogrammed computer?

Ryan at Sinister Performance (DarthFiero on here) does good work.
PFF
System Bot
Ryanap333

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2015 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ryanap333Send a Private Message to Ryanap333Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My computer from sinister performance and harness fron injection technology will be here next week. Ive gotten everything else from west coast fiero. It should be long and i will be up and running. As far as red devil river i dont recommend doing business with Timm.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2015 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As far as red devil river i dont recommend doing business with Timm.

Did he ever get back to you?
Ryanap333

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2015 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ryanap333Send a Private Message to Ryanap333Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No he never did. Unfortunately there isnt really much I can do either. I filed a claim with the credit card company. Unless this can be made into a criminal case like theft by deception or maybe internet fraud the only other option is to sue him im small claims court and that may not work. Ive got to talk to the DA this coming week to find out. Its a shame the deal ended up like this.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2015 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No he never did.

And yet he continues to post in this forum on a regular basis. That just blows me away.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2015 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And yet he continues to post in this forum on a regular basis. That just blows me away.

This type of behavior by a once valued supplier will prove detrimental to his business and with enough forum members responding negatively he will eventually be ejected from the forum. While this individual regularly helps out people with technical advise this does not excuse providing bad service. If you took a customers money you are obligated by law to deliver in 4 weeks. If you can't meet this goal then the customer must b offered a new delivery date (that they must agree to) or be given a full refund. To do otherwise is considered theft by deception. There is also something called moral behavior but this is something that you get from faith in your life. The direction that is reported here with undoubtedly result in the demise of any business. When businesses are afraid to do what is right it becomes a recipe for disaster. I implore all people that do business here to treat others as you would have them do unto you.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2015 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There is also something called moral behavior but this is something that you get from faith in your life.

Dennis, I was agreeing with everything you posted... until that comment. What exactly are you saying or suggesting here?
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dennis, I was agreeing with everything you posted... until that comment. What exactly are you saying or suggesting here?

A persons belief system governs their behavior. In simple terms if you do not believe in anything, then anything goes.
I am not here to proselytize, but the guiding light in my life has been my faith. It has taught me honesty, generosity, compassion, love of neighbor and led me towards righteousness. If you have an alternate belief system that leads you to do good things then all the better.
I've been married for 13 years and my wife still likes me so I must be doing something right- LOL.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Spoilt_87fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Spoilt_87fieroSend a Private Message to Spoilt_87fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-13-2015 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A persons belief system governs their behavior. In simple terms if you do not believe in anything, then anything goes.
I am not here to proselytize, but the guiding light in my life has been my faith. It has taught me honesty, generosity, compassion, love of neighbor and led me towards righteousness. If you have an alternate belief system that leads you to do good things then all the better.
I've been married for 13 years and my wife still likes me so I must be doing something right- LOL.

You don't need faith to be a good person, or to be taught honesty or compassion. Faith isn't what disciplined you as a child. Your parents/guardians provided that discipline, as did their parents/guardians to them.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock