Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  9s Pontiac Fiero Turbo Is a Middle Finger to All the Fiero-Based Supercar Replicas (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
9s Pontiac Fiero Turbo Is a Middle Finger to All the Fiero-Based Supercar Replicas by CoolBlue87GT
Started on: 08-16-2015 11:09 AM
Replies: 61 (2071 views)
Last post by: engine man on 08-24-2015 07:48 PM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Copied from: http://www.autoevolution.co...as-video-98868.html#

9s Pontiac Fiero Turbo Is a Middle Finger to All the Fiero-Based Supercar Replicas

The engine compartment of this Pontiac hides plenty of boost, much more than you could imagine by simply looking at the thing. In fact, when manhandled correctly, this will tear up the drag strip.

By that, we mean the Fiero will deliver a 9s quarter mile run, enough to leave many other cool rides behind. Sure, such rides can experience an engine failure at any given time. But 10-second cars are expensive enough to build, so we have to applaud the effort done here.

To be more precise, the clip shows us the Pontiac pulling a 9.87s run at 142 mph (that's 229 km/h for all you reading this across the pond).

There's more to this Fiero than meets the eye speed trap

But a nine-second car wouldn't be so important without all the implications such a fast Fiero has.

This car is a middle finger shown to all the Ferrari replicas built on the Fiero's versatile platform. In fact, we're talking about all sort of replicas, not just those impersonating Prancing Horses.

Over the years, many car guys has come to despise the moment when a Fiero interior shows up in the same story as a supercar. It seems that no matter how many efforts the automotive community makes, the replica subculture simply won't disappear. Generation after generation of drivers, there will always be somebody who imagines tricking other people into believing they drive a Raging Bull or a Maranello machine is as easy as pie.

Exotic carmakers try to turn replicas into an extinct species, the police sometimes helps and many car aficionados also support such efforts. Well, this Fiero, which relies on the power of turbocharging, basically trolls all those drivers who decided to use such a Pontiac chassis to pretend they own a supercar.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 08-16-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is Darkhorizon's car.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 08-16-2015).]

dratts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't see it as a middle finger. I own one of those replicas because I'm a fan of Italian style. I am one of the few who has also replicated the hp of the lambo, but I wouldn't challenge darkhorizon. I also own a turbo charged N* Fiero and I like it just fine too. Congratulations to DH. I knew that there would be a 9s Fiero and I knew that it wouldn't be one of mine.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The one thing that I respect about him is the fact that he built the car without worrying about how pretty the engine bay looked, just a down and dirty asskicking motor. Nothing is painted or chromed (not that there's anything wrong with that) but the car was built with one intention....to kick ass.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

...he built the car without worrying about how pretty the engine bay looked

Nobody but nobody will be disputing that!

dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The one thing that I respect about him is the fact that he built the car without worrying about how pretty the engine bay looked, just a down and dirty asskicking motor. Nothing is painted or chromed (not that there's anything wrong with that) but the car was built with one intention....to kick ass.

That and he has gotten a bigger bang for his buck than anyone else here. Did I say that I'm impressed?
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No disrespect intended to DH, he's built the car he wants and made it damned quick. To the author of the story...

This car is a middle finger shown to all the Ferrari replicas built on the Fiero's versatile platform. In fact, we're talking about all sort of replicas, not just those impersonating Prancing Horses.

Over the years, many car guys has come to despise the moment when a Fiero interior shows up in the same story as a supercar. It seems that no matter how many efforts the automotive community makes, the replica subculture simply won't disappear. Generation after generation of drivers, there will always be somebody who imagines tricking other people into believing they drive a Raging Bull or a Maranello machine is as easy as pie.

As one who is building my own rendition of a replica, and I dare say I've innovated and engineered as much as anyone, a big one-fingered salute to you. Obviously you don't have the imagination, skills, and/or talent to create something yourself, even if it looks like something else.

Bob

------------------

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/076365-5.html

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 08-16-2015).]

jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To the OP: I feel ya on the Fiero being a cool enough car on its own compared to most of the kit cars out there, but I don't see D/H's purpose built drag Fiero being a middle finger to anything (except the unsuspecting chap that lines up next to him ). He just built what he wanted and did a great job doing it. Some of these guys that have kit cars actually own the real deal and utilize the kit car to keep the miles off their real Ferrari and cut down on the maintenance costs. Some of the kit car owners do their own modifications to a kit to make it their own the same way a lot of people do to regular Fieros (chop tops/wide bodies/quarter scoops/hood vents/etc...). To each is their own. I think the real story is the performance capabilities of a 30+ year old car with updated drive-train/brakes/suspension is the ultimate bang for the buck vs new cars.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jediperk:

To the OP: ....

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Copied from: http://www.autoevolution.co...as-video-98868.html#

jediperk , Is your "OP" is refering to me ? I wasn't sure. Just so you know, I copied this from the web word for word.

Have a good one, Dave
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't buy a Fiero wanting to make it look like a supercar....I wanted to build a supercar styled vehicle, and chose to use a Fiero since it is a mid engine car, with a well designed space-frame. The engineering challenge is a major part of the thrill, in the same way as it is for people pushing the bounds with stock Fieros.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I totally get what the OP meant. I can not count the average replicas that I have seen, let alone some of the amazing ones, just to see a 2.5 engine in the rear.

It is nice to see it the other way around for once.
PFF
System Bot
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Aaaannnd it still looks like a Fiero...

Kevin
Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

Aaaannnd it still looks like a Fiero...

Kevin

isn't this a fiero forum?
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

isn't this a fiero forum?

Why yes, yes it is, but to compare it to the Feiro based replicas like the Ferraris, Lambos etc. just because it MIGHT be quicker or faster. Seems kind of childish.
I could care less how quick it is in the quarter if it still looks like a Fiero, ESPECIALLY a notch back.
Hell, put his set up in a Ferrari "Supercar" replica and it would be giving BOTH middle fingers back at him.

Kevin
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why yes, yes it is, but to compare it to the Feiro based replicas like the Ferraris, Lambos etc. just because it MIGHT be quicker or faster. Seems kind of childish.
I could care less how quick it is in the quarter if it still looks like a Fiero, ESPECIALLY a notch back.
Hell, put his set up in a Ferrari "Supercar" replica and it would be giving BOTH middle fingers back at him.

Kevin

I personally like Fieros, thats why I'm here and why I have a 10 second one.

------------------
3800 Turbo

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I personally like Fieros, thats why I'm here and why I have a 10 second one.

Well goody for you. Drive it much? Get you across the country? Make a 1000 mile trip without any problems?...

Kevin
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I get the trying to fool people with your 2.5l replica. I've seen it happen. Not all of us though. I always open the engine compartment to show them that it is an American drivetrain with a modified American chassis. I'll never forget the time I was gassing up and someone drove by yelling out 'nice fireo'. I thought that it was pretty cool that whoever it was had that much knowledge and my car is pretty passable on the outside and interior except for the sound of the turbo ls4 instead of a v12. I have let it ride a few times because a some of the people get so excited thinking that they have finally seen a real Lambo and I hate to ruin their enthusiasm. Most of the time though when they say 'I've never seen a real Lambo' I'll reply 'Well you still haven't". A lot of people are more impressed with my homebuilt and all the skill that went into it than they are with one that was just paid for by a rich guy with no mechanical skills at all. DHs car is awesome! I live in both camps.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dratts

8373 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Well goody for you. Drive it much? Get you across the country? Make a 1000 mile trip without any problems?...

Kevin

I drove my replica from New Jersey to Washington after buying it on ebay. That's twice as far as I've driven any of my Fieros for what it's worth.
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kevin

yes... I can even drive it over an hour to a track, hot lap it 12 times, and drive it home with no problems. Also, it was tuned by Darkhorizon...

I'm just wondering why you are on here insulting Fieros if you don't like them.
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm just wondering why you are on here insulting Fieros if you don't like them.

I didn't say I don't like them. They are good for turning into "Supercar Replicas" you know.
I had an Indy. Told the wife if I bought another it would be a GT fastback.

Kevin
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kevin

Does a replica make it more reliable? I think the 10 second and sub 10 Second fieros coming out of Michigan hold up pretty well track and street. The fieros coming out of that German shop on the east coast is another story however.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 twin disk
10.91@133.1

PFF
System Bot
pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Justin I think if I ever get something sweet done that involves you or dark horizon I'll make a sticker that says "Detroit muscle, Flint tuning"
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Does a replica make it more reliable? I think the 10 second and sub 10 Second fieros coming out of Michigan hold up pretty well track and street. The fieros coming out of that German shop on the east coast is another story however.

Wow. Why the backhanded slap at bmwguru? Just curious.
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Does a replica make it more reliable?

Wow, confused much?!

Kevin
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... to compare it to the Feiro based replicas like the Ferraris, Lambos etc. just because it MIGHT be quicker or faster. Seems kind of childish.

+1. I think the author from autoevolution is just another internet nitwit showing that you need not to know what you're talking about to be an internet "author". There should be NO comparison between ANY drag car and ANY production car - period. Clearly these are apples and oranges. Ferrari, lambo, bugatti Do Not make their supercars to compete with quarter mile drag cars. So why pick on guys investing their hard work and money in replicas ? They're not building drag cars either ! i hope no one actually paid that guy to type that crap. Or maybe he got a few of the "hits" he was looking for. Case closed (for me )

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 08-17-2015).]

kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats to darkhorizon! You can't argue with results like that
As for the replica vs stock debate, I like both but I do wish more replicas had engine swaps to really wow the crowds
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kwagner:

Congrats to darkhorizon! You can't argue with results like that
As for the replica vs stock debate, I like both but I do wish more replicas had engine swaps to really wow the crowds

As I said I replicated the hp of the lambo and it's still a reliable daily driver if it's not raining. No top. but honestly the stock 300 hp of the swap was way more than adequate and I don't know if I would go that far if I was going to do it again.
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good job DH!
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scott (Darkhorizion) has been quiet of late, preferring to do the talking with his performance numbers. I have always appreciated cars with more go than show and Scotts Fiero has far exceeded all predictions that anyone had about how fast a 3800 Fiero could perform, Running in the 9's with a 3800 is an incredible achievement. That's the fastest Fiero around and only a second from the fastest 3800 in the world owned by Zoomer of ZZ Performance who invested $1000's more to get there. What is remarkable is that here is a guy who started on a shoestring budget and over a period of a few years was able to develop and design an engine capable of superior horsepower. This car is what was commonly referred to as a "Sleeper". Bring on the $80K Corvettes!!!!!

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2015 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good for dark,

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2015 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
, Running in the 9's with a 3800 is an incredible achievement.

maybe in 1986, turbo buick bent 6's have been running in the 9's for over 2 decades, in much heavier cars I might add..

not knocking Dark or his Fiero.. but no one should be shocked that a turbo buick 6 is in the 9's..
now get it in the 8's..
PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DH can be an ass on the forums but he is actually a SUPER nice guy and has bent over backwards to help me with my build. I am happy for him and the recognition his car is getting. Its ugly as hell but, it gets the job done. <--- I mean that in the nicest possible way.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 08-18-2015).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

maybe in 1986, turbo buick bent 6's have been running in the 9's for over 2 decades, in much heavier cars I might add..

not knocking Dark or his Fiero.. but no one should be shocked that a turbo buick 6 is in the 9's..
now get it in the 8's..

Yes but you are talking about a RWD car using a RWD drivetrain. Not so easy in a Fiero. Our limiting factor has always been the FWD trans.

BTW FWD 3800 and RWD GN 3.8 have little in common.

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 08-18-2015).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kevin

Well, I'm not giving anyone the middle finger or any other finger for all that it matters but, I happen to like the Notch back or Formula version best for styling. Some prefer the GT. I like the original styling and can spot one while traveling unlike a GT that can be confused for several other cars on the road. I could go on but, that wouldn't prove anything. But, I won't insult other Fiero owners over their choice versus mine.

I really don't care much about body conversion kits, pro or con. If, it's well done, I appreciate the work that went into making it what it is. So, if that's what turns your crank, have at it. But please refrain from insulting the version many of us like.

------------------
Ron

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

My Uncle Frank was a staunch Conservative and voted straight Republican until the day he died in Chicago. Since then he has voted Democrat. Shrug

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-18-2015).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

+1. I think the author from autoevolution is just another internet nitwit showing that you need not to know what you're talking about to be an internet "author". There should be NO comparison between ANY drag car and ANY production car - period. Clearly these are apples and oranges. Ferrari, lambo, bugatti Do Not make their supercars to compete with quarter mile drag cars. So why pick on guys investing their hard work and money in replicas ? They're not building drag cars either ! i hope no one actually paid that guy to type that crap. Or maybe he got a few of the "hits" he was looking for. Case closed (for me )

Good point. I suspect that most likely the author's only previous exposure to Fieros was with replicas, and thus he thinks replicas are pretty much all we do.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's no doubt the article could have been written better. There was no need to slam all other Fiero-Based Cars. Scott did what he set out to do, create a fast quarter mile Fiero, and should be given credit for it.

The thing to keep in mind is that everyone has a different vision of what they want the car to represent, it's each to his/her own.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

DH can be an ass on the forums but he is actually a SUPER nice guy and has bent over backwards to help me with my build. I am happy for him and the recognition his car is getting. Its ugly as hell but, it gets the job done. <--- I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Not ugly as hell!. It's classic primer paint american hot rod. Maybe you need to be as old as me to remember them. I know that you were trying to be nice.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Not ugly as hell!. It's classic primer paint american hot rod. Maybe you need to be as old as me to remember them. I know that you were trying to be nice.

Don't know if you are kidding or not, but it's just a shitty gloss black paint job, and abused. You have to see the car in person because it is ugly as hell. Scott knows it, but it doesn't bother him.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2015 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haven't seen anything other than that one picture. I guess maybe it's a high performance rat rod. I like rat rods too and not just because of my name. They usually show a lot of ingenuity and this car has it in spades.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2015 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Not ugly as hell!. It's classic primer paint american hot rod.

i thought he was Amish .....
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock