lotus suspension by jim94
Started on: 08-15-2015 12:41 AM
Replies: 13 (941 views)
Last post by: jim94 on 05-25-2018 06:40 PM
jim94

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was at a car show talking to a car owner and he said that lotus helped deloran car company with the suspension of the car. Is this true. I know lotus did not help Pontiac with the fiero.I removed my sticker from my car 5 years ago. ?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
P.M. sent.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, with the Delorean Lotus had a load of influence in the car. Here is a pretty good tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMUXZaROJKM
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice video, lots of things I didn't know.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you look at the frame and compare it to the Lotus frames of the day they are pretty much dead ringer the same. I love my Delorean but I have to say the Fiero is much more comfortable, fun, reliable, inexpensive and just plain enjoyable to drive!
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, Lotus did a lot of the Engineering work on the DeLorean.

Lotus has done and still does Engineering development and consulting work

http://www.lotuscars.com/en...ut-lotus-engineering
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Yes, with the Delorean Lotus had a load of influence in the car. Here is a pretty good tutorial:

Car Crash The DeLorean Story

That was quite interesting. Thanks for posting it.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2015 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's another, related to Lotus and DeLorean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IJd_tMPCmU
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2018 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a new one...

"...the 1988 fiero's had all aluminum suspension made by Lotus."

"... yes,all aluminum 1988 (last year) front and rear. that's why the 88's bring big money and the early cars they can't hardly give away. "

Comments by someone named 36-3window in 2003 here:
https://www.jalopyjournal.c...d-a-fiero-clip.5690/

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2018 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Here's a new one...

"...the 1988 fiero's had all aluminum suspension made by Lotus."

"... yes,all aluminum 1988 (last year) front and rear. that's why the 88's bring big money and the early cars they can't hardly give away. "

Wow that's priceless!

I watched a guy on another forum insist the '88s had a Lotus suspension, and he claimed that the 4-wheel disc brakes and IRS was the "proof". But of course ALL Fieros have those!. This was the same guy that claimed the Formula came stock from the factory with a V8.... And he ridiculed the guy who tried to tell him otherwise ("Please don't tell me you just looked that up on Wikipedia. I know because I was there!"). LOL

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2018 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Wow that's priceless!

I watched a guy on another forum insist the '88s had a Lotus suspension, and he claimed that the 4-wheel disc brakes and IRS was the "proof". But of course ALL Fieros have those!. This was the same guy that claimed the Formula came stock from the factory with a V8.... And he ridiculed the guy who tried to tell him otherwise ("Please don't tell me you just looked that up on Wikipedia. I know because I was there!"). LOL

I've had people tell me my 4.9/4T60E Formula is one of the rare factory V-8 cars......I usually play along and play dumb, let them be the "expert", right?
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2018 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good grief....some of the myths about the Fiero are just.......Greek!

(And don't forget, the only Fieros to catch fire are the GREEN Fieros- That is why you never see any green Fieros!) (It is OK to have PAINTED your Fiero Green; It was the FACTORY green ones, with the >Green Paint code< that caught fire)

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2018 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jim94:

I was at a car show talking to a car owner and he said that lotus helped deloran car company with the suspension of the car. Is this true. I know lotus did not help Pontiac with the fiero.I removed my sticker from my car 5 years ago. ?

Was the guy driving pearl orange GT with "supercharged" on the hood?
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2018 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think my 87 gt handles just fine. just look up new smyrna speedway. thats me passing everyone.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock