Behold. decent but dingy old tail lights.
I ran them through a heated wash tank. They separated easily. I scraped off the old glue.
I used a 3m headlight restoration kit. They go from 500 grit to 800 grit. I had some 2k laying around so i took it to 2k. Then buffed them out.
Half way through and you can see a huge difference.
I ran the black plastic through a sand blasting cabinet to get off the crappy old reflective coating and to just clean it all up a bit better.
Here is everything put back together just so I could get it home intact. Huge difference!
I Primed it.
Painted it metallic.
Cleared it because I had it laying around, so why not.
Taped the clear covers where i didn't want paint. I used a paint called oil rubbed bronze. I just really like the color. It looks great next to black, red, white, & especially gold.
I ran a few beads of sealant around the housings.
Boom! There you have it. Not perfect but a heck of a lot better than what they were.
They are now for sale. Shoot me an offer.