Started on: 08-13-2015 11:56 AM
Replies: 6 (453 views)
Last post by: theogre on 12-10-2015 11:39 AM
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Behold. decent but dingy old tail lights.

I ran them through a heated wash tank. They separated easily. I scraped off the old glue.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I used a 3m headlight restoration kit. They go from 500 grit to 800 grit. I had some 2k laying around so i took it to 2k. Then buffed them out.

Half way through and you can see a huge difference.

I ran the black plastic through a sand blasting cabinet to get off the crappy old reflective coating and to just clean it all up a bit better.

Here is everything put back together just so I could get it home intact. Huge difference!

I Primed it.

Painted it metallic.

Cleared it because I had it laying around, so why not.

Taped the clear covers where i didn't want paint. I used a paint called oil rubbed bronze. I just really like the color. It looks great next to black, red, white, & especially gold.

I ran a few beads of sealant around the housings.

Boom! There you have it. Not perfect but a heck of a lot better than what they were.

They are now for sale. Shoot me an offer.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Solid work. Nice to have access to a media blasting cabinet.
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!
Cokeologist

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2015 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CokeologistSend a Private Message to CokeologistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
robert1234

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robert1234Send a Private Message to robert1234Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris,
I've sent like 12 PM's. Its just not working. Again.

email me please robert1234@frontier.com
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2015 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got it!
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2015 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice cleaning the covers.

GM and others used "Chrome" paint.
I've tried using bright gloss white on a spare but does not perform the same and light is noticeably dimmer.
Using Metal paint likely does same thing even w/ clean coat.

Note: Many Spray paints don't need primer to paint plastic.

You must clear the plastic... Careful use carb or brake cleaners works. They removes all crap and cleaners can eat plastic and old paint a bit so almost any spray paints will stick. Spray cleaner and then dry fast w/ air. Rags etc will stick to the plastic too.

If dim w/ Metal paint, using 2357 may help. (Rodney's bright taillights etc.)
I have use 2357 and a bit brighter on turn/brake filament, little dif on tail/park filament when have red lenses.
2357 draws more power and lights faster but have allot shorter life for brake/turn section... ~1/3 of lifetime. If you drive allot, get stuck in slow traffic often, then you will be changing bulbs more.
See my Cave, Lighbulbs

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 12-10-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock