Las Vegas Fiero Drive, October by solman105
Started on: 08-07-2015 06:52 PM
Replies: 48 (1071 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 11-14-2016 02:06 PM
solman105

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2015 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ladies and gentlemen,

On October 3rd, we're trying to put together a Fiero drive out of Las Vegas and go up Mt. Charleston, eat at the Lodge, then take on the curves of HWY 158 before heading back to Sin City. Even if you don't have a car up and running, (like me) come on out and share your experiences. There's no sign up; just show up and have some fun. Here are the 5 W's

Who: Las Vegas Fiero Club

What: A Fiero drive

When: 3 October 2015, 10:30 am

Where: Meetup location tbd. Drive up the 95, to the 157 and have lunch at the Mt. Charleston Lodge at 5375 Kyle Canyon Rd, 89124. From there take HWY 158 and 156 and back down to "the 95" to the city.

Why: Why not?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2015 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be here too. Might need to check on the weather for the date, probably be snow up top by this time.
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2015 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im landing in Vegas at 11am on the 3rd, to bad my Fiero will be 3k miles away.....
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2015 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On my calandar

------------------
'87 GT in process, including GA / Seville brakes, Poly Suspension, '95 3800 Series 1 SC ( 225 hp ) T460e.

mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2015 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JCircs:

Im landing in Vegas at 11am on the 3rd, to bad my Fiero will be 3k miles away.....

If you want to come along you're more than welcome to. Just let us know and we'll get you a ride. I'm happy to have you along with me if you don't mind a rough ride.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me on the list.

Archie
Fast Red

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fast RedSend a Private Message to Fast RedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think we can make it, it should be fun.

Chris and Maddy
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds fun to me.
Fast Red

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2015 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fast RedSend a Private Message to Fast RedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ar we still on ???????
solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2015 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Indeed, we're still on!

Unfortunately, my car won't be ready so I'll be taking my daily driver.
darbysan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2015 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're welcome to ride along with me.

------------------
'87 GT in process, including GA / Seville brakes, Poly Suspension, '95 3800 Series 1 SC ( 225 hp ) T460e.

PFF
System Bot
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2015 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm planning on going, hopefully I'll have time to replace my struts before hand.
Silvertown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-12-2015 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will try to make it if possible. Just passed smog and plated.
solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2015 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An update for the drive:

Let's meet up at the Fiero Club at 1030. From there we'll get onto the 215 and head west. Take the 95 towards the Lodge at Mt Charleston. After lunch we'll make the Mt. Charleston loop before we head back to town. We'll finish up somewhere in the Northwest part of the city.

Like I said previously, my car is out of commission; I'm also dragging my family with me. I'll be in a convertible too, my wife's a photographer and she'll going to snap some photos.

See you there!
Fast Red

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2015 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fast RedSend a Private Message to Fast RedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My daughter An I will be coming from the LA area on Friday night. We will be staying in a Motel. We need some directions on where to meet so I know where to get a Motel.
solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2015 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Club Yard is on the Northeast Side of town; the closest cross streets are Nellis and Cheyenne

The address is:

5340 E. Alto St
and the zip is 89156

LA? That's awesome!
solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2015 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solman105

154 posts
Member since Nov 2013

Originally posted by Fiero Vampire:

I'm planning on going, hopefully I'll have time to replace my struts before hand.

Bring your car over to our tech day on the 19th; I'm pretty sure we'll have someone here to help you out.

PM me for an address!
Zefyr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2015 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZefyrSend a Private Message to ZefyrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll have to check my work schedule. Sounds like a fun time.
solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like I said, my car is far from ready for the road and I'm taking my family with me, but this is a good thing.

My Wife is going to bring her camera and is going to take some photos. On the way back into town, we'll try to get some action shots of your cars passing us.

Should be fun, the initial reports are calling for GREAT weather.

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like fun, I'll be there for sure.
Fast Red

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fast RedSend a Private Message to Fast RedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We got a room at the Aviation Inn for Friday night and Saturday. I hope to be their by 6:00 PM It would be grate to meet some of you when we arrive for a beverage.
Chris

[This message has been edited by Fast Red (edited 09-30-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Fast Red

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fast RedSend a Private Message to Fast RedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't make me the only one that comes out for the drive. Who is coming?

Chris and Madison
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fast Red:

Don't make me the only one that comes out for the drive. Who is coming?

Chris and Madison

Don't worry about being the only one, we have a bunch coming, some are not on here either.
solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2015 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for coming out, I hope you guys had a good time! We sure did, it was really cool to see 10 Fieros out there.

Not one car was the same; whether it be an engine swap or a body modification. I got (I think) the best seat in the house because I got to see the looks that the general public had when we passed them. Next year, I hope to have FrankenFiero out there to add to the conga line.

Here are some of the photos that I took with my mobile phone; my Mrs. will be downloading her camera tonight and I'll add them to the thread. If you want a photo, just PM me with your email address and the one(s) you want and I'll get them out to you.

This was us getting ready to take off and lining up:

This is the group from the rear at the midpoint before we headed to the mountain.

Feel free to add your photos too! Thanks again for coming; we'll do it again in the future

Silvertown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-03-2015 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solman105:

Thanks for coming out, I hope you guys had a good time! We sure did, it was really cool to see 10 Fieros out there.

Not one car was the same; whether it be an engine swap or a body modification. I got (I think) the best seat in the house because I got to see the looks that the general public had when we passed them. Next year, I hope to have FrankenFiero out there to add to the conga line.

Here are some of the photos that I took with my mobile phone; my Mrs. will be downloading her camera tonight and I'll add them to the thread. If you want a photo, just PM me with your email address and the one(s) you want and I'll get them out to you.

This was us getting ready to take off and lining up:

This is the group from the rear at the midpoint before we headed to the mountain.

Feel free to add your photos too! Thanks again for coming; we'll do it again in the future

Love that maroon notchback. The weather was great here too. Love that Nevada sky.
Silvertown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-03-2015 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Silvertown

440 posts
Member since Sep 2015

[This message has been edited by Silvertown (edited 10-03-2015).]

Fiero Vampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2015 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had fun, it was a great drive, I really enjoyed seeing everyone and drive to the lodge (gotta love the Elk burger!) Look forward to the next one!
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2015 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a nice drive and a nice turn out too.

BTW.....I love that Suzuki Swift GT! I used to have a green one....what a ball to drive.
Silvertown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-03-2015 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Sounds like a nice drive and a nice turn out too.

BTW.....I love that Suzuki Swift GT! I used to have a green one....what a ball to drive.

Dang I didn't even notice it. Had one too. What a great little car. Best MPG I've ever had.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silvertown:

Dang I didn't even notice it. Had one too. What a great little car. Best MPG I've ever had.

I loved mine.....I beat it to death and it still got 35 MPG. I'm sure if I drove it nice it would have gotten north of 40. Unfortunately, the crank woodruff key wallowed out the slot in the crank and eventually broke free. I bought an '89 GTi parts car, but its engine was in rough shape so I had to sell them both. I still scan Craigslist to see if one is for sale....I'd love to get another one.

Silvertown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2015 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

I loved mine.....I beat it to death and it still got 35 MPG. I'm sure if I drove it nice it would have gotten north of 40. Unfortunately, the crank woodruff key wallowed out the slot in the crank and eventually broke free. I bought an '89 GTi parts car, but its engine was in rough shape so I had to sell them both. I still scan Craigslist to see if one is for sale....I'd love to get another one.

Used mine as a delivery car so it payed for itself. I remember getting close to 45 MPG on the interstate and it was peppy for such a small engine.
PFF
System Bot
solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are the photos that came of my wife's camera. We didn't get much, we'll plan it better for next time

Chris and Madison's turbo Northstar

From left to right; an 84 Indy, 88 turbo DOHC and an 87 GT undergoing an Archie's body kit with a Lotus nose

A grandview of all 10 cars!

V8 Archie and chopped #22

Chris and Dave taking off in Dave's rides

The original ones of these are really high quality and are really large files. If you'd like them, please let me know and I'll try to find a way to get them to you
darbysan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great to see a line of cars like that- hadn't done that since my Avanti Club days. Sorry I had to bum out early. Felt the clutch pedal going soft on me, and started having trouble changing gears, so thought it best to limp home while I could. Roundabout came at just the right time. Need to plan the next outing- maybe another TECH day if someone can come up with an idea. If nothing else comes up, it will be about the time I'm going to be dropping my engine, if that process has any interest.

------------------

Silvertown

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2015 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SilvertownSend a Private Message to SilvertownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by solman105:

From left to right; an 84 Indy, 88 turbo DOHC and an 87 GT undergoing an Archie's body kit with a Lotus nose

Love that indy leading the pack! Should always be that way.
mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2015 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was a good time. We need to get the fly-by on the 215 Miguel took.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2015 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whose gt is that with the widebody and lotus nose ?

does he have a build thread ?
Fiero Vampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would be mr_corean car.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Vampire:

That would be mr_corean car.

i am loving it ! Any more pics or a build thread on this car ?
solman105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solman105Send a Private Message to solman105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

i am loving it ! Any more pics or a build thread on this car ?

I don't think that he's got a build thread but I'll tell him to get one going!
Jocksoft

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2015 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JocksoftSend a Private Message to JocksoftEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys.
Some nice looking Fieros there.

I am planning a driving holiday in America next summer (July) and am currently planning on spending a couple of days in Vegas. It would be great to meet up with some fellow Fiero enthusiasts. Obviously I will not have my Fiero with me as I am flying from Geneva (Switzerland) but I do plan on hiring a nice convertible car like a mustang for my road trip. Also any pointers on what to do and where to go while I am there would be great. I will be with my 3 kids so hitting the casinos is not an option.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock