Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  [VIDEO] Daytona Fiero Weekend New Smyrna NASCAR Track Footage FINALLY! [VIDEO]

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
[VIDEO] Daytona Fiero Weekend New Smyrna NASCAR Track Footage FINALLY! [VIDEO] by JohnWPB
Started on: 08-04-2015 06:04 AM
Replies: 7 (375 views)
Last post by: jim94 on 08-30-2015 08:42 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 06:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally got around to upgrading my computer and re-installing Corel VideoStudio, and was able to put this video together. It is a combination of 4 videos, the one from the top of the press box, one from Fred, one from Chuck, and one shot by my nephew in the passenger seat of my car.

Side note: Chuck and I went on top of the press box to have a look around, and 2 ladies were trying to figure out the cabling for the camera and having a hard time. I helped them out by switching the in/out cables around, and they got a call over their walkie-talkies that the signal was now working. I asked if they could record the Fieros taking the track, and she said they do not film the warm up. The other girl said, hey he helped us out, we will film it. It still cost me $20 to order a copy a week later from their website!

I did my best to align all the videos, and get them in sync. It was hard to do as none of the videos started recording at the same time. I used the main audio from the Press Box camera, but left 50% of the audio in from the other 3 camera's audio tracks as well. It is funny, as there is one spot where it looks like I am accelerating (I have a stock 2.8) and you hear this loud roar in the video, that was obviously coming from Fred's audio track on his camera as he opened the dump on his V8 and accelerated.

I have to say, this is pretty much as fund as it gets for adults. Getting to take out the grown-up go-karts and do laps around a real life NASCAR track. I had a blast. So much, I was a bit excited when exiting the track, and my nephew had to school me about the reality of Go-Karts

If anyone is interested in information about the upcoming show in March of 2016, you can GO HERE and join the mailing list. As dates, events and other details are ironed out, you will be kept in the loop.

Here is the video:

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Imnuts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for putting that together and sharing. He was right that looked like it would be awesome!
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That "He" in the video was actually me I was on an adrenalin high. I thought about cutting that footage out, as I was pretty much all adrenaline'd up, but I kept it in for the real factor.

Sure, it was no where near the speeds the true NASCAR cars can do on the track, and the 2.8 is not that impressive of an engine, to put it nicely, but still... Sure I have driven cars up to around 130 MPH before, here and in Germany, but that has always been pretty much in a straight line on clear roads. I personally have never driven a car into turns at 80 MPH plus before, wondering if this was JUST a bit too much speed to maintain traction with or not. To top it off, doing so surrounded by other friends in their Fieros, so for me it was a lot of fun!

Certainly a LOT more fun than the 15 MPH laps around the Daytona and Indy tracks :P

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 08-04-2015).]

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To Bad I missed it this year. You did a great job putting the video together. Glad you were able to get your Fiero running good. If I understand correctly, you got up to 130 MPH on the straights and 80 MPH on the turns? That would be great. That for sharing the video
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2015 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice !!

Great job guys putting that event together.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2015 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by notwohorns:

Glad you were able to get your Fiero running good.

Funny thing.... it ran GREAT all day Friday on the cruise, going to lunch, dinner, to the track and back. It just refused to start Saturday morning to go over to the Daytona track for the show. When I got back from the show, it started by just lightly tapping the key. It sits under cover now, with a blown head gasket. I am not putting 1 cent more into that engine. I will pull it out and replace it with a 3800SC sometime in the next year or two.....

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2015 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Capitol City Fieros and friends always had fun at our track days at Michigan International Speedway.

Every thing looks different when you are out on the track looking up at the grandstands.
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2015 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love watching the videos. To all who don't know it was me who at the end of 5 laps passed the pace car 1/2 a track ahead of everyone. I have never beat my car like that with my wife in the passenger seat. Many hours setting up karts or dirt cars in new Jersey. All my friends either drive or have driven on racetracks. My friends enjoyed the video. My car is still with 2.8 with a msd coil. Drove all in 3rd gear and was still pulling at the end of the straightaway. Thanks for the fun, see youall next year on my 60th birthday, I will pray for no rain.

[This message has been edited by jim94 (edited 08-30-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock