Pick Report 88 Formula, Rocklin (Sacramento) CA by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 08-01-2015 03:22 PM
Replies: 11 (326 views)
Last post by: Rsvl-Rider on 08-09-2015 10:47 PM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This white Formula showed up at the local Pick N pull today. 96K miles on the odometer. In pretty good shape considering.... Too good to be in the junk yard by my way of thinking. I have a soft spot for the Formula and would like to own one some day. These pics are the way I left the car today. All pieces were gently removed and there are still a lot of good parts there. I grabbed the headlight motors and headlight control module but I left the wiring harness, ( I did not cut any wires) Console skeleton and dashboard look to be in good shape. The shift surround was a bit beat up for my taste (dot matrix pattern scratched and dinged up but could be fixed up a bit. Round body moldings mostly in good shape. I didn't touch the engine bay. One side tail light was in good shape but the other had a small crack in the lens so I left them. I'm not a mechanic so I can't vouch for the condition of the suspension parts. The last two pics are the items I removed. Most of it will be for sale soon.

Here are the items I pulled...

------------------
John Wayne as John Bernard Books in The Shootist...
" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

My rides...
1988 GT with a 3.4L V6 automatic
2006 Harley Sportster
'cause I love the twisties on two wheels or four.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

This white Formula showed up at the local Pick N pull today. 96K miles on the odometer.

I'm not a mechanic so I can't vouch for the condition of the suspension parts.

You should've at least grabbed the front hubs (if they turn smoothly).

I recently went by a local wrecker that has an '88 coupe. I asked the manager how much he wanted (if I pulled them) for the front hubs, calipers, and rotors. He said $75... per side. I then asked him how much for just the front hubs. He said $50... each. I smiled and said thanks anyway... and walked out the door.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-01-2015).]

Jason88Notchie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Angellightning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AngellightningSend a Private Message to AngellightningEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought it looked too good for the junkyard when I registered it! What a waste.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder how many Formulas are left in original condition. I love mine. Hope people know what they got if they own one.
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

I wonder how many Formulas are left in original condition. I love mine. Hope people know what they got if they own one.

I was excited to get there early because the Pick N Pull website listed it as an 88, but they never list the trim model and the pics don't go up right away. I was hoping it was a GT which you almost never see in the yard. It kinda broke my heart when I saw it. It's just about what I would want in a Formula. Power windows, A/C, cruise control and automatic (for my aging knees). So many of them are bare bones, I would love to have one equipped like this one. Funny it still had the original cassette player in it. According to the label on that silver A/C thingamabob behind the spare tire it was compatible with both R12 and R 134. That's a new one on me...? Some of the parts I got were really nice. Like the guy really took care of it. Had an old DOD sticker on the windshield and a FOCOA sticker on the back window.

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 08-01-2015).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always see Fieros in junkyards in better cosmetic shape than mine.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2015 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How do the front control arms look?
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2015 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you wanted a Formula, there was a nice one in Milpitas on Craigslist a few weeks ago. Its gone now but there is still another one in Santa Cruz for under 2k. It is white with no wing. It's been on Craigslist for a while.
I used to pick up Gen 2 headlight motors but found it to be not worth it. You pay almost 30 a piece after tax & recycling fee. Profit margin is lousy unless you are buying them for yourself. Lastly, your making a mistake if you pass on the front hubs. If they turn smoothly, take them. I could sell & make profit on good 88 used hubs any day if the week.
Kit
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2015 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

Lastly, your making a mistake if you pass on the front hubs. If they turn smoothly, take them. I could sell & make profit on good 88 used hubs any day if the week.
Kit

I horde them.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2015 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

I always see Fieros in junkyards in better cosmetic shape than mine.

That dash board :/ So much better than mine.
PFF
System Bot
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2015 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

If you wanted a Formula, there was a nice one in Milpitas on Craigslist a few weeks ago. Its gone now but there is still another one in Santa Cruz for under 2k. It is white with no wing. It's been on Craigslist for a while.
I used to pick up Gen 2 headlight motors but found it to be not worth it. You pay almost 30 a piece after tax & recycling fee. Profit margin is lousy unless you are buying them for yourself. Lastly, your making a mistake if you pass on the front hubs. If they turn smoothly, take them. I could sell & make profit on good 88 used hubs any day if the week.
Kit

I've seen that one in Santa Cruz on Craigslist forever. Well, since I first got interested in Fiero's over a year and a half ago. It started at $4500 (as far as I know) and has come down in price over time. The $2k is tempting but I am not really in the market for one right now. Actually I just got back from picking up an 87 GT tonight. This one has 62K miles with a pristine interior. Needs a bit here and there, including some AC work, to make it really nice.

I guess I'll have to crack open the manual to see what's involved in removing those hubs. I don't see them often but I have passed on a couple of opportunities.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock