A sad end for this D.A.R.E Fiero by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 07-29-2015 12:43 AM
Replies: 11 (658 views)
Last post by: Steel on 08-01-2015 10:06 AM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2015 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a D.A.R.E. Fiero with a police light bar recently so out of curiosity I did a Google search for any others. Noticed this car in an archived thread here from 10 years ago...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...050818-1-049710.html

and then again in a current Craigslist ad...

http://dallas.craigslist.or.../ptd/5138553794.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2015 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That WAS a nice car when I first saw it over ten years ago... I asked the shop how much the wanted for it, but owner refused to give price... Said he got more attention by using it on the elevated sign than it could be purchased for... So I guess it just baked up there in the Texas sun the rest of its life....

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2015 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw that car about 5 years ago in the same yard. Doesn't look like it's been touched since! I'd like to put that light bar on an old crown vic!
NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2015 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NEVERDONE

1084 posts
Member since Sep 2011
Double post.

[This message has been edited by NEVERDONE (edited 07-31-2015).]

Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why is it even in the junkyard.. to me only cars that aren't easily repaired are junk.. major crash, rust etc.. it's not just junkyards rither, theres 6-7 local-ish Fieros in my area just sitting in someones yard.. never move just wasting away.

Grrr

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:
it's not just junkyards rither, theres 6-7 local-ish Fieros in my area just sitting in someones yard.. never move just wasting away.

Grrr

Probly just air bubbles in the clutch line too...
Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Probly just air bubbles in the clutch line too...

This is a good point here.. the last two GT's I picked extremely cheap were advettised to have bad clutches.. neither of them were bad.

batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AAAARGH!! I want that steering wheel......why cant I find a whole one like that in my junk yards??

horn buttons are intact it seems
NEVERDONE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man that thing has been roasting in the sun and other elements for 10 years! The first time you try and press those horn buttons, they will probly desinegrate!
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEVERDONE:

Man that thing has been roasting in the sun and other elements for 10 years! The first time you try and press those horn buttons, they will probly desinegrate!

How many people new to Fieros complain about how difficult it is to honk the horn and they don't even realize the horn buttons are missing!
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEVERDONE:

I saw that car about 5 years ago in the same yard. Doesn't look like it's been touched since! I'd like to put that light bar on an old crown vic!

You can buy the light bars...they will sell them to anybody

http://www.publicsurplus.co...e/cataucs?catid=2103
PFF
System Bot
Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

How many people new to Fieros complain about how difficult it is to honk the horn and they don't even realize the horn buttons are missing!

Haha.. I admit I tried to get an 88' coupe to honk that way.. I kept pressing the center the paddles were broken off. It was my first Fiero test drive and first Fiero experience ever.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock